OpenVPN not connecting?

Is OpenVPN connecting ok in latest OpenBh 5.3.001?
Not connecting for me on both my boxes Vu+Uno4K or Zgemma H11S.

Please can others confirm.

Thanks
Azam

Unfortunately, the native VPN (OpenBh Settings/OpenVpn Panel) does not connect for me. I have put my server config files as per the usual location (etc/openvpn) which worked fine before.

I have done a clean install of OpenBh 5.3 (latest) without restoring any backup and still no joy.

My VPN provider login credentials have not changed.

So what can it be?

I found the solution myself. It was not an image issue but a VPN provider issue.

If your VPN provider is NordVPN then this applies to you.

Email/Password combination no longer works. You need to go in to your account using web browser and access Account Settings/Services/NordVPN/Manual setup. There you will get your unique Username/Password service credentials combination. That is what you use in the config files located in etc/openvpn.

All is working again for me now.

Thanks
Azam

paperino61

I found the solution myself. It was not an image issue but a VPN provider issue.

Email/Password combination no longer works. You need to go in to your account using web browser and access Account Settings/Services/NordVPN/Manual setup. There you will get your unique Username/Password service credentials combination. That is what you use in the config files located in etc/openvpn.

Thanks
Azam
Tks for help..... I had same problem and thanks to you I fixed it :)

jrbmw

Donating Member
I have same problem with vpn manager, works perfectly on obh 5..2, but when I upgrade to obh 5.3 the vpn wont connect .Using express vpn. Settings exactly the same for both images.

I have same problem with vpn manager, works perfectly on obh 5..2, but when I upgrade to obh 5.3 the vpn wont connect .Using express vpn. Settings exactly the same for both images.
I can confirm that VPN Manager plugin (latest) works ok with OpenBh 5.3 with NordVPN when using the Manual Setup method I mentioned above.

jrbmw

Donating Member
OK
I can confirm that VPN Manager plugin (latest) works ok with OpenBh 5.3 with NordVPN when using the Manual Setup method I mentioned above.
Ok thanks for that. I have solved the problem . There must be an update on openvpn because I put an # against the line keysize 256 in the config files and now it connects. I know previously that was ignored by express vpn when connecting.

paperino61

Thanks
Azam
Hi, for You, is all working fine with Nordvpn and openvpn?
From yesterday in the evening, I can't connect both UDP connection and TCp connection (Until yesterday morning everything was working fine)
The account is ok because from windows app or android app my connection is ok
with UDp connection the error is
Fri Jul 14 11:26:27 2023 TLS Error: TLS key negotiation failed to occur within 60 seconds (check your network connectivity)
Fri Jul 14 11:26:27 2023 TLS Error: TLS handshake failed
Fri Jul 14 11:26:27 2023 SIGUSR1[soft,tls-error] received, process restart....

with TCP connection I take errore regarding "timeout"

I tried to download all new connection files but the problem is the same

Sure that nothing changed in my STB and configuration; network is ok
tks
g.

paperino61

Hi, for You, is all working fine with Nordvpn and openvpn?
From yesterday in the evening, I can't connect both UDP connection and TCp connection (Until yesterday morning everything was working fine)
The account is ok because from windows app or android app my connection is ok
with UDp connection the error is
Fri Jul 14 11:26:27 2023 TLS Error: TLS key negotiation failed to occur within 60 seconds (check your network connectivity)
Fri Jul 14 11:26:27 2023 TLS Error: TLS handshake failed
Fri Jul 14 11:26:27 2023 SIGUSR1[soft,tls-error] received, process restart....

with TCP connection I take errore regarding "timeout"

I tried to download all new connection files but the problem is the same

Sure that nothing changed in my STB and configuration; network is ok
tks
g.
I can adding that using openvpn tool on windows machine with same configuration file and credential, all work fine

Nothing has changed for me. Just checked and still everything working fine with NordVPN using UDP protocol and
Service credentials (manual setup).

Using latest OpenBh 5.3.002.

paperino61

Nothing has changed for me. Just checked and still everything working fine with NordVPN using UDP protocol and
Service credentials (manual setup).

Using latest OpenBh 5.3.002.
tks for answer...... as soon as possible I'll try with Openbh 5.3. Until yesterday all worked fine with 4.4. From yesterday evening KO in 4.4. and 5.2.
I'm using service credential from manaual setup

paperino61

tks for answer...... as soon as possible I'll try with Openbh 5.3. Until yesterday all worked fine with 4.4. From yesterday evening KO in 4.4. and 5.2.
I'm using service credential from manaual setup
Using OpenBH 5.3.002 (also 5.3.001) all works fine. I can't understand what happened, but I think Nordvpn had deprecated old SSL (no access with TLS < 1.3))

There are the two logs, with different versioni of "OpenSSL"

OBH 5.3.1 and 5.3.2
OpenVPN 2.4.3 arm-oe-linux-gnueabi [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [MH/PKTINFO] [AEAD] built on Sep 16 2021
library versions: OpenSSL 1.0.2r 26 Feb 2019, LZO 2.10

OBH 4.4
OpenVPN 2.6.3 arm-oe-linux-gnueabi [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [MH/PKTINFO] [AEAD]
library versions: OpenSSL 3.1.0 14 Mar 2023, LZO 2.10

I'm not happy because in 5.2 and 5.3 versions lcd4linux doesn't seem to work well (the weather doesn't work) and my wife keeps looking at the forecast on the LCD display of my SOLO4K, but the functionality of VPN is much more important :)

Does anyone know if it is possible to upgrade the openVPN version in OBH 4.4?

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Using OpenBH 5.3.002 (also 5.3.001) all works fine. I can't understand what happened, but I think Nordvpn had deprecated old SSL (no access with TLS < 1.3))

There are the two logs, with different versioni of "OpenSSL"

OBH 5.3.1 and 5.3.2
OpenVPN 2.4.3 arm-oe-linux-gnueabi [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [MH/PKTINFO] [AEAD] built on Sep 16 2021
library versions: OpenSSL 1.0.2r 26 Feb 2019, LZO 2.10

OBH 4.4
OpenVPN 2.6.3 arm-oe-linux-gnueabi [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [MH/PKTINFO] [AEAD]
library versions: OpenSSL 3.1.0 14 Mar 2023, LZO 2.10

I'm not happy because in 5.2 and 5.3 versions lcd4linux doesn't seem to work well (the weather doesn't work) and my wife keeps looking at the forecast on the LCD display of my SOLO4K, but the functionality of VPN is much more important :)

Does anyone know if it is possible to upgrade the openVPN version in OBH 4.4?
Lcd4linux is down to the author to fix, not us.

Openvpn works fine, but nordvpn now require you to login to your account online and create a unique username and password, rather than using your account email and password.

paperino61

Lcd4linux is down to the author to fix, not us.

Openvpn works fine, but nordvpn now require you to login to your account online and create a unique username and password, rather than using your account email and password.
Hi Ev0, I know the problem of lcd4linux due tu plugin itself.

The problem of Nordvpn (unique username and pasword) for openvpn was bypassed fifteen days ago. (solved)
I think Nordvpn had deprecated old SSL (no access with TLS < 1.3) yesterday (I'm waintng answer for a ticket)
How you can see in my previous post, with more recent version (openvpn and openssl) included in OBH 5.3 all works fine

tks for Your answer

Nitemare

Hi all,
Once I enable OpenVpn on my Ultimo 4K (5.3.004) it disables my IPTV. I've tried both my exisiting VPN provider AND now NordVPN (with separate passwords etc as described on this thread) but with no joy!!

Can any of you explain what files need to be in my etc/Openvpn folder ... currently I have login.txt and client.conf which starts Openvpn ok in box but then stops my IPTV?!

Thanks,
Nitemare.

PS all worked fine up until 5.3 I'm thinking!!??

gintarasarm

Hi all, OpenVPN doesn't work for me either on OpenBH 5.3.004. maybe someone can explain why? And how to I can fix it? Thank you all in advance for your response!

bomitie

Did you read above how NORDVPN have changed how you login?? It changed on 14th June see above. You have to get credentials from your Nord account.

Nitemare

Did you read above how NORDVPN have changed how you login?? It changed on 14th June see above. You have to get credentials from your Nord account.
Yeah I knew that about NordVPN .. its another VPN service (FastestVPN) that I can't connect with anymore and no details have changed with their login procedure as far as I'm aware??

gintarasarm

Hi Gyus, Maybe someone will tell how to correct change my config OpenVPN becouse not correctly working
Thanks in advance!