OWIF disappeared after .009 update

AlexWilMac

Staff member
As already reported by someone in the vuplus-community forum, after update to 009:

1) OWIF doesn't work because doesn't exist any longer! It's folder disappeared.
2) Lcd4linux doesn't work any longer although its settings haven't changed.

I'm going to reinstall yesterday full backup.

EDIT
Other problem was that, although NAS was correctly visible and accessible, Image Manager didn't list the many files configured to be in a NAS folder.
The path was the same as before, but the files were not listed and restoreable.
And there, if I pressed RED (although there was nothing to delete) and BLUE (although there was nothing to choose for the restore process) box crashed.

Last edited:

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
L4L still working for me on Ultimo4K.

But yes seems someone has managed to break OpenWebif but only for Vu+ boxes.

Also reported on Pli board, so not us that has broken it.

AlexWilMac

Staff member
Good to know.
Well: maybe L4L side of the issue might be resolved, but I did not investigate too much because the OWIF and the other problems were enough to roll back to yesterday backup.

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Feeds and images have been removed for some boxes.

Once the OpenWebIF issues are fixed, we will upload them again (this issue will effect all images built after some point yesterday).

B.D.

And just copying the previously saved OpenWebIF folder to restore it to its place wouldn't solve the problem?

By the way, I just checked and I already have the .009 installed, I updated a few days ago and OWIF works.

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
And just copying the previously saved OpenWebIF folder to restore it to its place wouldn't solve the problem?

By the way, I just checked and I already have the .009 installed, I updated a few days ago and OWIF works.
Was only some boxes affected, depending on the time of day the image build took place.

But was better to warn users and remove the downloads, to avoid possible issues, until the problem was fixed.

Doing the above with replacing the folder, may have worked, but there were also other packages that had issues.