Please HELP!!! Only FTP not working to connect to the vuduo4kse

Pabomen

Hello evryone
BOX Vuduo4kSE
Image: OBH 5.1
Have an issue trying to connect the laptop/phone using Total commander or Filezilla or web browser trhough ftp .Either image i've tryed cannot make the connection trhough ftp to be able to tansfer files between the box and laptop(or phone).
I've setup the password and can use putty and connect to the box whit no problem.
I can also connect to OpenWebif whit no problem.
Im using OBH the las update(openbh-5.1.003 and I have tryed OBH(openbh-4.4.023)whit no luck and tryed also openvix (openvix-6.2.002) but the same cannot connect to the box trhough FTP to manage the files.
Befor to contact the seller for warranty ,is anyone having or had the same issue and perhaps any solution how to fix it and be able to see the files on my box?
Could be any hardware fault as it is still under warranty and want to contact the seller to see if they may fixit if hardware related.

thanks
Regards

Pabomen

Is it already defined password on the box?
Yes
and can connect trhough putty with no issue
And I was able to connect to the box but no remeber what was the ver. of OBH and as my dishes was shifted when was a strong storm I haven't used the box anymore and just tryed after a wile and no luck to see the files on the box wherever i've tryed. And not sure if there is any settings which im not aware but werever i've updated the box (usualy trhough putty)or if upgraded to a newer version don't had to do other (hidden) setup to be able to conect to the box FTP.

And now Im confused if it's hardware related or ? as still under warranty and thinking to contact the seller to see if required any hardware repair.

Pabomen

You can always set a new password in Menu-Definitions-Network-Password
I've alredy tryed several times in the menu of the box and also trough telnet but still no able to connect FTP
putty it's ok and OpenWebif also
just ftp cannot
very odd

zeberil

Checks if the FTP is active in the image... it is active by norm.

If there is anything you want to access to keep and put in a new clean image, install Dream Explorer, put a pen and send what you want.

Pabomen

Checks if the FTP is active in the image... it is active by norm.

If there is anything you want to access to keep and put in a new clean image, install Dream Explorer, put a pen and send what you want.
it's active i've checked and it's active by default
I will give a try
the thing is I would like to know if it is hardware related as it still under warranty and would like to sort it out
thanks for the reply and your help

AlexWilMac

Staff member
How can a hardware issue?!? Never ever.
1) Have you checked if the FTP service is running under the Network submenu?
2) Have you checked if you changed something in your router to block some LAN IPs or services?

The 2nd is the most likely reason for this issue because, FTP service is installed by default, of course and you told you set a FTP password.

By the way: I hope you set the password by putty by the command
passwd root

Pabomen

How can a hardware issue?!? Never ever.
1) Have you checked if the FTP service is running under the Network submenu?
2) Have you checked if you changed something in your router to block some LAN IPs or services?

The 2nd is the most likely reason for this issue because, FTP service is installed by default, of course and you told you set a FTP password.

By the way: I hope you set the password by putty by the command
passwd root
thank you for the reply
1) yes it's on
2)haven't done any changes to the setup of my router and the same setups had before and I was able to connect ftp without any problems
now it's stuck on getting directories and nothing happen although think it's connected but can't see the directories as it is stuck in downloading the directory listing

Mick12334

Staff member
You don't need a password to connect via a browser, using Openwebif, you just need to type in your receivers IP Address., into the browsers address bar, something like 192.168.1.xx
Can you please check your receivers allocated IP Address, under network settings.
Have you tried connecting using DCC, Dreambox Control Centre, which has the option of finding all IP Addresses connected to your network?
What software are you running on your laptop, windows, or other operating system?
You seem used to using an Enigma 2 receiver, judging by your posts, have you connected previously, to this receiver, or a different receiver, from your laptop?

Pabomen

You don't need a password to connect via a browser, using Openwebif, you just need to type in your receivers IP Address., into the browsers address bar, something like 192.168.1.xx
Can you please check your receivers allocated IP Address, under network settings.
Have you tried connecting using DCC, Dreambox Control Centre, which has the option of finding all IP Addresses connected to your network?
What software are you running on your laptop, windows, or other operating system?
You seem used to using an Enigma 2 receiver, judging by your posts, have you connected previously, to this receiver, or a different receiver, from your laptop?
Thanks for the reply
It's not about OpenWebif although I can connect to OpenWebif.
I know my receiver ip as I can connect telnet whit putty
Using Total commander on my laptop and also on my phone to connect to the box ftp(tried also Filezilla but no working also)
I have connected to the same receiver whitout issues bot on lapton or on the phone but haven't used for a wile to watch any channels due to my dishes need adjusted the alignment as a strong storm shifted both the motorized and the fixed one
I am not a master and always learn something new but for most of my issues I manage to read and find the ansewers but now i am totally lost and can't figure out If I missing something or if it's some faulty hardware related.

Off topic my previous box duo2 ended up with a death box due to wireless chip get burned luckily I was home.
For some reason for example if tried to watch a channel on my tablet with Kodi it takes a lot to connect to the box which never happen to stay longer than few seconds to load the channel list and after the box died I realized it was due to the wireless chipset...not sure why but could start a fire unfortunately.
So that why I am worried if any hardware related or not and still under warranty if required repair.

AlexWilMac

Staff member
If you mention kodi it means your image is not a fresh installed one. You need to reflash or, at least, to use OMB (openmultiboot) to try and install a new occurrence of 5.1 and see what happens if the image is clean.

zeberil

If you mention kodi it means your image is not a fresh installed one. You need to reflash or, at least, to use OMB (openmultiboot) to try and install a new occurrence of 5.1 and see what happens if the image is clean.
Without FTP access is it possible to create OMB?

AlexWilMac

Staff member
No, actually, not. He won't be able to transfer an image into the upload folder. Unless.... unless he manages to use samba...
He needs a fresh image, anyway.

Pabomen

Thanks guys for the help!
Obviously fresh image no plugins, nothing else, so a fresh install.

But the good news is i've manage to figure out the issue, looks like if i've used 5GHz on my router doesn't work only if switched to 2.4GHz.
So do I need a plugin to install to be able to use on 5GHz the router?It is an Asus RT-AC87U.And if yes what plugin?

PS: I can use 2.4GHz but out of curiosity can be used on 5GHz also? and what do I need?If anyone know.

Pabomen

I mentioned Kodi in regards with my old box Duo2.
Although I use with this box also with no issues. But of course was a fresh image.

B.D.

Thanks guys for the help!
Obviously fresh image no plugins, nothing else, so a fresh install.

But the good news is i've manage to figure out the issue, looks like if i've used 5GHz on my router doesn't work only if switched to 2.4GHz.
So do I need a plugin to install to be able to use on 5GHz the router?It is an Asus RT-AC87U.And if yes what plugin?

PS: I can use 2.4GHz but out of curiosity can be used on 5GHz also? and what do I need?If anyone know.
What's the reason for willing to use 5Ghz? More speed?
I don't know in this sence if there are any differences between an Octagon and a vuduo but I connect with whichever connection and there are no problems.
These toys are shifty at times. If you have an empty slot I would flash a brand new image just for the sake of testing.

Last edited:

Pabomen

What's the reason for willing to use 5Ghz? More speed?
I don't know in this sence if there are any differences between an Octagon and a vuduo but I connect with whichever connection and there are no problems.
These toys are shifty at times. If you have an empty slot I would flash a brand new image just for the sake of testing.
It is a fresh clean image.
Not sure if I was able to connect before on 5GHz or not and thinking if just some issues with my router or not.

Off topic what is your processor temp on your box?
mine it is at 64ºC
is it normal? Remember duo2 was steady at 34ºC

AlexWilMac

Staff member
Please: don't mix topics. And, in conclusion, as it was clear, this is a router-related issue. The most reliable connection, apart from LAN cables, of course, is a powerline one. The lesser wifi, the better.

Last edited: