Plugins update

B.D.

Hi.
Is there a way, like a telnet command, for updating the plugins installed? With other images when you update the image it looks for plugins updates too and do it all at once but here the image seams to be quite stable and doesn't get any updates anymore or very seldom, therefore plugins arn't beeing updated ever.
Thanks

The telnet commands you are looking for:
opkg update
opkg upgrade

To see what is upgradable:
opkg update
opkg list-upgradable

The plugins that are installed get updated automatically when the image is updated. Most likely, the reason you are not seeing the plugins updated is no one is doing any modifications to them. This is not the fault of OBH unless the plugin is a specific OBH plugin.

Best of Luck with this!

Thanks @el bandido .
I knew that command and ran it last night, but it didn't update anything. I have several plugins that I know are out of date but nothing happened.

Don't trust me? :cool:
Wireguard, I know it can be updated from the plugin itself but other images update it from the image itself, it's just for naming it, x-klass, x-streamity, bouquetmakerxtreme, ajpanel...
This are some I noticed but there might be more.

Last edited:
Wireguard, I know it can be updated from the plugin itself but other images update it from the image itself, it's just for naming it, x-klass, x-streamity, bouquetmakerxtreme, ajpanel...
the plugins on the feeds only get updated when the image is rebuilt / updated.

We do not have wireguard in our feeds, thus it doesn't get updated with the image.

I'm not a coder so I can just imagine but is tecnically difficult to enable the search for plugin updates indipendentely from the image update?
Wireguard was just for saying one but it's fair it is not on OBH feeds.

I'm not a coder so I can just imagine but is tecnically difficult to enable the search for plugin updates indipendentely from the image update?
Wireguard was just for saying one but it's fair it is not on OBH feeds.
Only if the plugin authors provide an online update feature directly into the plugin, the only other way is to install plugin updates via ipk when the authors release them.

There are probably more than one thousand possible plugins for enigma2 which was the reason for asking about the plugin names.

Some of the plugins you mentioned are maintained by Kiddac. XStreamity was updated 3 days ago, or around 2 days when you started this thread. Here is the update from the source:
The last XStreamity update added in vod default sort order and updated finnish translations. I assume you speak and read Finnish?:cool:

Some other Plugins are here:

OpenATV and some other image groups have nightly builds. You will almost get instant updates with OpenATV image nightly builds, and you may also get instant bugs in the plugins and image because there has not been time to test these things.

Open Black Hole, OpenVix, and most other images update when there is enough changes to make an update worthwhile. Unless you are setup for automatic build, someone has to build the images and the feeds, then upload these things to the internet so your receiver can get them.

So if you want the latest and the greatest plugins along with any bugs they may have, go for the OpenATV nightly build. Sure there can be bugs and errors in OBH, but allowing for a little time after something has been updated also allows a little time to see how the updates perform.

He who updates the most in enigma2 has the most problems. If things are running good, don't worry about updating. And if you don't know why you are updating, then you probably shouldn't. The Finnish language update shown above is a common example. The Finnish update is great if you speak that language, but mostly useless to others that don't.

Thanks for the effort but I know all that. I follow KiddaC's development with his plugins very carefully so I know exactly what is beeing fixed from time to time, but thanks anyway.
The reason of my post was for asking to OBH developers if plugins can be updated automatically and @Ev0 gave me the answer I was looking for.

Back