Qviart Dual 4K No USB Tuner Support

el bandido

Advertised specs show the Qviart Dual 4K has USB tuner support, but none is available in the system files. RS232 Debug logs show USB tuners are not recolonized when they are installed. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks.

el bandido

Qviart Dual 4K USB tuners do not work in any OE Alliance or OpenPLi images that I have tried, including Open Black Hole. Looks like the modules that would support USB tuners are missing from the build. These modules are supplied by the vendor.

I would appreciate it if someone could contact the vendor of this product and see if they are willing to fix it. I have no idea who to contact at Qviart about this. At least, vtunerc module is Missing.

Shown below are Octagon SF8008 modules and Qviart Dual 4K modules. I realize these are not identical receivers, but the file structure is similar enough.

Octagon SF8008:
Code:
insmod hi_media.ko
insmod hi_mmz.ko
insmod hi_common.ko
insmod hi_pdm.ko
insmod hi_pq.ko
insmod hi_cipher.ko
insmod hi_hdmi.ko
insmod hi_hdmicec.ko
insmod hi_vou.ko
insmod hi_gpio.ko
insmod hi_gpio_i2c.ko i2cmode=2
insmod hi_i2c.ko
insmod hi_tde.ko
insmod hi_otp.ko
insmod hi_demux.ko
insmod hi_adec.ko
insmod hi_vfmw.ko
insmod hi_vpss.ko
insmod hi_vdec.ko
insmod hi_adsp.ko
insmod hi_aiao.ko
insmod hi_sync.ko
insmod hi_pvr.ko
insmod hi_mce.ko
insmod hi_tuner.ko
insmod hi_keyled.ko
insmod oled.ko
insmod vtunerc.ko
insmod hi-dvb.ko hi_vendor=3 hi_device=3
# About hi_fb:
#  For 1920*1080, triple buffer, ARGB8888 format, use:
#  insmod hi_fb.ko video="hi_fb:vram0_size:16200,vram4_size:2430"
#  For 1280*720, use:
#  insmod hi_fb.ko video="hi_fb:vram0_size:7200,vram2_size:2430"
#  Insmod hi_fb.ko with no args will use defaule value,The defaule value is set by cfg.mak.
#  vram0 is memory size for HD and vram4 is for SD0. The size is calculated as below:
#  vram0_size = (1920*1080*4*2/1024)KB; vram4_size = (720*576*2*2/1024)KB
insmod hi_fb.ko
insmod mali.ko
insmod hi_dbe.ko
insmod hi_jpeg.ko
insmod hi_jpge.ko
insmod hi_png.ko
insmod hi_advca.ko
insmod hi_venc.ko
insmod hi_aenc.ko
insmod hi_sci.ko
insmod hi_vi.ko
insmod hi_pmoc.ko
insmod libahci.ko
insmod libahci_platform.ko
insmod hisi-ir.ko
insmod hisi_sci.ko
insmod hisi_keys.ko
insmod hisi_encoder.ko
echo 2097152 > /proc/sys/net/core/rmem_max
echo 6 > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_ratio
echo 1 > /proc/sys/vm/overcommit_memory
echo 8192 > /proc/sys/vm/min_free_kbytes
echo 1200000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
echo interactive > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
echo 200000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/timer_rate

Qviart Dual 4K:
Code:
insmod hi_media.ko
insmod hi_mmz.ko
insmod hi_common.ko
insmod hi_pdm.ko
insmod hi_pq.ko
insmod hi_cipher.ko
insmod hi_hdmi.ko
insmod hi_vou.ko
insmod hi_gpio.ko
insmod hi_gpio_i2c.ko i2cmode=2
insmod hi_i2c.ko
insmod hi_tde.ko
insmod hi_otp.ko
insmod hi_demux.ko
insmod hi_adec.ko
insmod hi_vfmw.ko
insmod hi_vpss.ko
insmod hi_vdec.ko
insmod hi_adsp.ko
insmod hi_aiao.ko
insmod hi_sync.ko
insmod hi_pvr.ko
insmod hi_mce.ko
insmod hi_tuner.ko
# About hi_fb:
#  For 1920*1080, triple buffer, ARGB8888 format, use:
#  insmod hi_fb.ko video="hi_fb:vram0_size:16200,vram4_size:2430"
#  For 1280*720, use:
#  insmod hi_fb.ko video="hi_fb:vram0_size:7200,vram2_size:2430"
#  Insmod hi_fb.ko with no args will use defaule value,The defaule value is set by cfg.mak.
#  vram0 is memory size for HD and vram4 is for SD0. The size is calculated as below:
#  vram0_size = (1920*1080*4*2/1024)KB; vram4_size = (720*576*2*2/1024)KB
insmod hi_fb.ko
insmod mali.ko
insmod hi_dbe.ko
insmod hi_ir.ko
insmod hi_jpeg.ko
insmod hi_jpge.ko
insmod hi_png.ko
insmod hi_advca.ko
insmod hi_venc.ko
insmod hi_aenc.ko
insmod hi_keyled.ko
insmod hi_sci.ko
insmod hi_vi.ko
insmod hi_pmoc.ko
insmod ./libahci.ko
insmod ./libahci_platform.ko
insmod ./ahci_platform.ko
# about 32bits:
# insmod fusion.ko fusion_shm_base=0x20000000
# about 64bits:
# insmod fusion.ko fusion_shm_base=0x6f00000000
insmod fusion.ko
insmod hi_drv_intf.ko
echo 2097152 > /proc/sys/net/core/rmem_max
echo 6 > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_ratio
echo 1 > /proc/sys/vm/overcommit_memory
echo 8192 > /proc/sys/vm/min_free_kbytes
echo 1200000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
echo interactive > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
echo 200000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/timer_rate

el bandido

I appreciate the help. IMO, the receiver should have never been released like this or the receiver should not be advertised to support USB tuners. To see the problem, simply download and open the Sundtek Control Center.

Here is Sundtek Control Center for SF8008. 3 tuner slots are shown.
sf8008_20231111200816.jpg

Here is Sundtek Control Center for Qviart Dual 4K. NO Tuner slots are shown.
Qviart-Dual_20231111192550.jpg
Maybe they were very drunk at the time when they coded this or they were in a hurry. Either way, the outcome for the End User or Customer is the same.

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
I appreciate the help. IMO, the receiver should have never been released like this or the receiver should not be advertised to support USB tuners. To see the problem, simply download and open the Sundtek Control Center.

Here is Sundtek Control Center for SF8008. 3 tuner slots are shown.
View attachment 4454

Here is Sundtek Control Center for Qviart Dual 4K. NO Tuner slots are shown.
View attachment 4455
Maybe they were very drunk at the time when they coded this or they were in a hurry. Either way, the outcome for the End User or Customer is the same.
The box was on sale for 2+ years before we got samples.

When we recived the samples, we reported alot of the issues and they did eventually get fixed.

Takes some time, but they do get there in the end.

Liquid

Staff member
Administrator
Advertised specs show the Qviart Dual 4K has USB tuner support, but none is available in the system files. RS232 Debug logs show USB tuners are not recolonized when they are installed. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks.
Where did you see that usb tuner support was advertised?
I checked on https://qviart.com/dual/ and i can't find anything...

el bandido

Screenshot from 2023-11-14 07-04-18.png

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
I am guessing that the shops selling these boxes, copied and pasted info from another box and didn't edit it.

So when we put the specs on here, we copied the details from 1 of those sites (I have edited the post on here now to remove USB Tuner support) to avoid confusion in future.

I have however asked Qviart to look into it anyway.

el bandido

The United States uses ASTC 1.0/1.3 for terrestrial signals while most of the world uses DVB-T/T2. I purchased the Qviart Dual 4K because I needed Android type television. I had the option of buying a great Android box, but decided instead to get the Qviart Dual 4K because it was advertised to also have enigma2 with a DVB-S2 blindscan.

The Qviart Dual 4K arrives, and I find the Android 9 is buggy, The Qviart Dual DVB-S2 blindscan is slow to the point where it is not effective for feeds, and I cannot use ATSC terrestrial tuner. So the Qviart dual 4K is sort of useless for the reasons I purchased it. I would have been better off buying an Android box and dealing with a fta receiver plus an Android box connected to the television. Or just purchasing a new television that has Android in it.

I enjoy different models of fta receivers as it is a hobby for me and usually purchase at least 2 new fta receivers a year for the past 20 years. These receivers are purchased with my own monies, and I avoid "Free" samples because they usually have at least some strings attached to them. But it is getting to the point where what is advertised cannot be trusted, and what is being sold as the latest model is actually an old receiver that is freshly packaged.

I purchased 3 fta receivers this year and all have been disappointments. The most expensive fta receiver I purchased this year was nothing but junk. Maybe it is time to find another way to view television? Forums or message boards where fta receivers are discussed have become slow to the point of being vacant. Looks like others have already found an alternative to the fta receiver junk. The folks that make these receivers and the folks that sell these receivers need to understand this.

Liquid

Staff member
Administrator
I can understand your frustration.

If you want a good android box you need to buy a certified one and no enigma2 box have a certified android, that's a fact.

el bandido

In Android(9), all I need to run is One App. The stock Qviart Dual 4K will run the one app that I need, but there are bugs in the Android fta satellite. Looking around, there are some Android hacks for the Dual 4K that fix or at least address some of the problems in Android satellite, but installing these hacks to fix the satellite causes the one app I need to misbehave. Go figure...

I research fta receivers before I buy them, but it is getting to the point where you cannot trust anything written about them. The information written on the manufacturer's website may/may not be wrong, the information written on a seller's website may/may not be wrong, and reviews written about a fta receiver are usually glossed over advertisements. So you are left mostly with reading comments left by people who are actually using a particular receiver, but even that information may be misleading.

The fta receiver copying thing is getting ridiculous too. There hasn't been many "New" enigma2 fta receivers released in the last 5 years. Most of what has been released as "new" is just a copy of a previously released version. I purchased the "New" uClan Ustym 4k s2 ott x earlier this year to run beside my Octagon SF8008 as a third satellite antenna port. Can't use it for that purpose because the uClan remote also works on the SF8008! Go figure...

el bandido

A simple kernel patch allows vtunerc to be added to the dual. But the kernel crashes when any of my usb tuners are added, including DVB-T. I tried to contact the manufacturer directly about this problem days ago and got no reply at all. So much for Qviart support!

I purchaed a Qviart Undro almost ten years ago. The Undro was put in the back of the storage room because it did not work very well. It looks like my shiny new Qviart Dual will be joining the Undro and I will have two dust collectors instead of one!

I am in the process of ordring an Andorid 13 TV Box to do the Android duties Correctly that I purchased the Dual to do. It is time for me to look at other forms of entertainment besides fta satellite. A decent Android 13 TV box should be able to do a lot of things, just not c band satellite tv.