setup animation

amir_931

Hi, there used to be a setup animation option in a good and professional openbh image, but this option was removed
if possible, add a setup animation option to the image openbh 5

AlexWilMac

Staff member
Honestly, I've always hated this function. One needs to do something by the menus and, instead, has to bear all these useless animations that makes you feel dizzy... Obviously is subjective, but it doesn't add anything useful to the image: only makes it heavier.

amir_931

Honestly, I've always hated this function. One needs to do something by the menus and, instead, has to bear all these useless animations that makes you feel dizzy... Obviously is subjective, but it doesn't add anything useful to the image: only makes it heavier.

Hello my good friend, your opinion is respectable, but the tastes are different, if it were possible for someone to like it, install it easily ... and use it ... There is an option in the Black Hole and vti image ... My opinion is beautiful that opnbh Also have ..

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Hello my good friend, your opinion is respectable, but the tastes are different, if it were possible for someone to like it, install it easily ... and use it ... There is an option in the Black Hole and vti image ... My opinion is beautiful that opnbh Also have ..
BH and Vti are both python2 images, OpenBh 5.0 is not.

Seagen

Well then get your self a Dreambox. I build an private OBH image for my dm900uhd and the damn animation is on by default. OSD is dropping in from the top.
Only setting i found was the animation speed?? so cant turn it off ;)

AlexWilMac

Staff member
Hello my good friend, your opinion is respectable, but the tastes are different,
Of course and, as a matter of fact, I said what I was saying is subjective not objective.
The question is that, as Ev0 is trying to tell you, options (or plugins) no longer available are no longer available because they are obsolete python2 ones and so incompatible to OBH5.
If and when their authors will rewrite them, you'll have the chance of using them.

Liquid

Staff member
Administrator
Hi, there used to be a setup animation option in a good and professional openbh image, but this option was removed
if possible, add a setup animation option to the image openbh 5
I suppose your box is a vuplus.
From what I can say, all images based on openembedded honister, (atv7, vix6, obh5...) doesn't support animation.
Animations use a binary closed source lib. With the upgrade of core library like libc animation function when activated make the GUI to crash, so has been removed until vuplus will fix these libraries.
After that we could consider to reintroduce them.
L.

amir_931

I suppose your box is a vuplus.
From what I can say, all images based on openembedded honister, (atv7, vix6, obh5...) doesn't support animation.
Animations use a binary closed source lib. With the upgrade of core library like libc animation function when activated make the GUI to crash, so has been removed until vuplus will fix these libraries.
After that we could consider to reintroduce them.
L.

Hello, I am aware that the openbh image had setup animation in previous versions, and I was also interested in it, and it gave the image a beauty, but deleted it. Currently, Black Hole and vti images have it, but I like the openbh image
I wish the openbh image did not delete the setup animation option ....

Liquid

Staff member
Administrator
Hello, I am aware that the openbh image had setup animation in previous versions, and I was also interested in it, and it gave the image a beauty, but deleted it. Currently, Black Hole and vti images have it, but I like the openbh image
I wish the openbh image did not delete the setup animation option ....

Perhaps I haven't been clear.
The functionality use binary stuff provided by vuplus. Until they update their binary we can't get it working in recent images due to changes in the ABI ( binary api compatibility)

We can enable it but won't work. Do you think a functionality that make the image to crash can be useful and nice?

AlexWilMac

Staff member
@amir_931
You keep mentioning BH and VTi: they are NOT open images! They are both based on vuplus code, which is Py2, and consequentially they are both Py2 images themselves. That's why this unavoidable plugin still works there.
OBH5 is Py3 and the plugin's author hasn't yet released a Py3 version. So, please, don't keep mentioning BH and VTi: it's like mentioning vuplus original image itself, on this regard.