Solo4K OpenBh 5.1 first setup issue

JAKITAKI

I wanted to test the 5.1 image on VU Solo 4K
But the receiver hangs on the first Video mode selection configuration
I choose 1080p, confirm with OK
the receiver returns to the Video mode selection
except that now there is nothing to choose from, the remote control does not react

when selecting 720 it is OK
I keep testing

Last edited:

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
I wanted to test the 5.1 image on VU Solo 4K
But the receiver hangs on the first Video mode selection configuration
I choose 1080p, confirm with OK
the receiver returns to the Video mode selection
except that now there is nothing to choose from, the remote control does not react

when selecting 720 it is OK
I keep testing
looking into it

AlexWilMac

Staff member
looking into it
It's the same here for me: if I don't want to import a personal backup, Solo4K hangs after choosing the resolution.
I found out that the problem (at least for Solo4K, not tried other boxes, so far) was not in 5.0.008 installer but it is also present in 5.0.011, 5.0.013 and in 5.1.001 installers.

Last edited:

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
It's the same here for me: if I don't want to import a personal backup, Solo4K hangs after choosing the resolution.
I found out that the problem (at least for Solo4K, not tried other boxes, so far) was not in 5.0.008 installer but it is also present in 5.0.011, 5.0.013 and in 5.1.001 installer.
5.0.013 or 5.0.023 ?

AlexWilMac

Staff member
My last versions on Solo4K and Ultimo4K are 5.0.013: I don't think there is any 5.0.023.
.023 was the last for 4.4

djuro1

I found out that the problem (at least for Solo4K, not tried other boxes, so far) was not in 5.0.008 installer but it is also present in 5.0.011, 5.0.013 and in 5.1.001 installer.
It's the same with my solo 4 K, but if I immediately press the ok button on the remote on the first offered resolution 720, I can continue with the adjustment.

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
It's the same with my solo 4 K, but if I immediately press the ok button on the remote on the first offered resolution 720, I can continue with the adjustment.
Yes it seems if you setup using 720p then you can go into the a/v settings and switch to 1080p later with no issue.

Very odd.

B.D.

Because I had some empty slots I decided to contribute the investigation so I tried a clean install without restoring a backup on my Octagon SF8008 and it all installed regularly (usb, not flash) w/out freezes or hung ups.

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Ok I found the issue and fixed it (no idea why it only affects the Solo4K and only on 1080p resolution, but hey ho it's fixed now anyway).

Please re-download the image and reflash the box

AlexWilMac

Staff member
Good: I was becoming crazy until I found out it affected also those last installers from 5.0 but not the old 5.0.008.
Fortunately, since you said no archive was possible, I'm saving my own installers archive, just in case like this. ;)
I wonder if it's an issue only in Solo4K installer or not: I can't reflash my other boxes, at the moment...