Subtitles crashes

AlexWilMac

Staff member
It seems that each time you enter the subtitles submenu you get a crash pressing yellow.
For instance, if you press AUDIO and then yellow.
It happens also with a recorded program.
There is also another odd behaviour: even if the channels actually got subs, sometimes the icon does not appear.

I attach acouple of crashlogs and debug logs. I'm almost sure it didn't happen before .006 because I use subs submenu quite often. Obviously, I should use a full backup from .005 or previous if needed, but I don't think it's relevant. The crashes occur for sure.
I tried at least three different channels (among those which provide subs).

Attachments

• Subtitles-crash.zip
    106.5 KB · Views: 4

Huevos

Vix Developer
VIP
Please get a debug/crash log of the same crash using the attached file (remove "txt" extension first).

Attachments

• AudioSelection.py.txt
    28.7 KB · Views: 4

AlexWilMac

Staff member
I copied your file in
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens
after having deleted the existing .pyc (otherwise, simply renaming it, it wouldn't compile the new one) but the crash persists.

Attachments

• Subtitles-crash.zip
    41.2 KB · Views: 2

Huevos

Vix Developer
VIP
Yes, was not going to fix the crash, was just for debug.

Can you post a screenshot of how it looks before pressing yellow.

Huevos

Vix Developer
VIP

Huevos

Vix Developer
VIP
Most likely this:
Code:
if self.subtitlelist and self["config"].getCurrent()[1] is self.settings.menupage:
And get rid of that global variable.

AlexWilMac

Staff member
The screenshot attached is the usual one you have when you press AUDIO, for instance.
But, above all, I've used this function thousand of times.
If I have time, I can put on a backup of the .005: I'm almost sure this was not in .005 yet.

Attachments

• Subtitles.jpg
    Subtitles.jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 17

AlexWilMac

Staff member
Strange! I thought I had! I copied the whole file and saved as .py and then the image compiled it. I'll try again.

EDIT:
to be sure I attach the .py file. I also checked some of the lines you edited and they seem to be there.

Attachments

• AudioSelection.py.zip
    6 KB · Views: 2

AlexWilMac

Staff member
I only now read the GitHub's post about the fix: maybe is the case to wait for the image update. After all, is not a primary function ;)
By the way: I tried again by the .py from post#6 and the crash occured.

Huevos

Vix Developer
VIP
I only now read the GitHub's post about the fix: maybe is the case to wait for the image update. After all, is not a primary function ;)
By the way: I tried again by the .py from post#6 and the crash occured.
Post #6 did not have a *.py. It had a line of code that has now been committed.

AlexWilMac

Staff member
Yes, but it lead to the whole code of the .py, whom I used. Anyway, we'll wait for the update: after all it's not.. bread, as we say ;)

nunigaia

Staff member
We say "pan con pan comida de tontos".
:D

I will try to test it it ... when I have time!

Yes, but it lead to the whole code of the .py, whom I used. Anyway, we'll wait for the update: after all it's not.. bread, as we say ;)

What @Huevos said ( #6 --> https://board.openbh.net/threads/subtitles-crashes.2614/#post-16160 ) ... is just to substitute the code, with notepad++, for example,

Anyway, do you have any script "installed" to clear logs, or timers!?

nunigaia

Staff member
I copied your file in
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens
after having deleted the existing .pyc (otherwise, simply renaming it, it wouldn't compile the new one) but the crash persists.

By the way, I don´t understand what you mean!

Renaming what? The source code "py" file that @Huevos or someone sent you, or any modification "line" he asked for test?

Afaik, PYC is the "old" PYO file ( compiled files ), though it will be overwritten each time the box boots or you restart enigma2;)

AlexWilMac

Staff member
It's easy: I took the whole text file from the post#6 (after entering in raw mode from GitHub), saved as .py, let it compiled at the reboot and tested. As simple as that. ;)

nunigaia

Staff member
It's easy: I took the whole text file from the post#6 (after entering in raw mode from GitHub), saved as .py, let it compiled at the reboot and tested. As simple as that. ;)
You don´t need to rename the file ( "pyc" extension ), as it is overwritten when the box boots or after restarting enigma2.

Note: After any modification of "py" files ... for testing !!!, don´t forget to remove the "py" file because, after any reboot or enigma2 restart ... and of course ... with no code erros, it will be compiled as pyc file, though if the file is on your system ... after any reboot or restart it will create always a new ( that can be an older "code" ) ... PYC file.

AlexWilMac

Staff member
As a matter of fact I did exactly as you say: I did not rename the old one but I deleted it. And I deleted also the .py after the new .pyc was created at the reboot ;)
It's not the first time I "replace" a .py file for testing. ;)