Too many menus

A

Alexwilmac

Romans had a famous motto: "divide et impera" but this is not always true.
OBH, which is wonderful under many aspects, is really dispersive, in my view, with regards to the menu structure.
What is grouped under just one or few items in BH, is fragmented in OBH.
Many times I spend also many minutes just to find where is some setting, although I have already used it.
Instead BH allows to get immediately to the right menu and it is not a problem to scroll all settings then. Surely you loose much less time scrolling more settings within a section than you do looking for the right item.

E

el bandido

Guess it is what you are used to using. I can use either image without any menu issues.

M

Matrix10

Of course, more complicated
and what to expect from the image that has hundreds of options more than BH image.

The users keep asking for new options and when they get this all options, is not good. :D
Next image will be less complicated.

A

Alexwilmac

Just to be clear: it was not a criticism. OBH is a work in progress and it's normal that it reflects a process of adding features and functions.
My post was a way to remember that a tidy and logic structure is important to easily get to the point.
For instance, some days ago I spent about ten minutes to find back the subtitles options I had already seen before but I didn't remember they were under AUDIO settings and I couldn't image that subtitles and audio could be related... ;)
I appreciate the intention of the team to have a tidier structure for future releases.

M

Matrix10

Just to be clear: it was not a criticism. OBH is a work in progress and it's normal that it reflects a process of adding features and functions.
My post was a way to remember that a tidy and logic structure is important to easily get to the point.
For instance, some days ago I spent about ten minutes to find back the subtitles options I had already seen before but I didn't remember they were under AUDIO settings and I couldn't image that subtitles and audio could be related... ;)
I appreciate the intention of the team to have a tidier structure for future releases.

You have not understood all those things I wanted to say.
I agree largely with what you wrote.

BUT

This image is the work of several teams.
A few image coders and plugins/addons/skin coders.

It took me a long time when I worked skin to make skin
and to understand if not all but most of it within the image.
Which has over 400 panels in this image.

I think it's clear that this is a huge amount of work being developed by all participants.

So it is understandable that you as a user need some time to discover
opportunities and various panels in the image.

Of course there are many things which could be more orderly and better.
But there appears a big problem.And that is that every part has its author.

If you like to change his work would not be good
because these authors are constantly working and changing, and your changes
would be not in conformity with their changes.

So each image has its pluses and minuses
and that is why we are working on two.