Udisk 64GB "not recognized" OpenBh 5.3

marcus83

hi,

I have a problem with a USB flash drive, it isn't recognized as USB, but if I mount it as /hdd/ yes, what could it be? or even tried to format it in ext2, but same problem...

Attachments

• info.jpg
    info.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 14
  • backup.jpg
    backup.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 14

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
can you tell me a brand that works 100%?
Sadly not these days.

Years ago any cheaper unbranded ones were the best to use, but now it seems usb sticks don't have any quality control, even with big well known brands and the faster usb 3.x sticks are even worse, some work, some don't, some work and they are extremely fast others work but they are REALLLLYYYYYYY slow.

But you can have 2 sticks exactly the same and one might work ok and the other not work or work very badly.

marcus83

Sadly not these days.

Years ago any cheaper unbranded ones were the best to use, but now it seems usb sticks don't have any quality control, even with big well known brands and the faster usb 3.x sticks are even worse, some work, some don't, some work and they are extremely fast others work but they are REALLLLYYYYYYY slow.

But you can have 2 sticks exactly the same and one might work ok and the other not work or work very badly.
you're absolutely right, the old ones actually work without problems..

for the moment I use the old 16GB one

thanks for reply

B.D.

honestly no, I'll give it a try... have you ever tried?
Yes, I used to use USB Sticks too but since, if I remember right it was @Ev0 himself to give the clue, I tried the SD card and I never went back to sticks.
Much much faster and reliable.

marcus83

hi, Sorry for the delay, but my Amazon package was lost...

I also tried with SD and Micro cards, but same problem, they are not mapped to /USB/, but only in /HDD/.

but the problem is that if I do the backup on hdd, when restoring there are problems and the restore does not continue, for now I will use my old flash drive.

Attachments

• info 1.jpg
    info 1.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 8