Unwanted zap when a timer starts

A

Alexwilmac

I got back to OBH after a while and I had a little surprise: each time a timer starts it also zaps to the channel, that's a completely new behaviour.
I obviously checked if there was a related option within my timers but there isn't.
Why this happens?

M

Mick12334

This usually occurs, at least in Black Hole, if you are on a different channel, and there is no longer a tuner available, for that channel, thus it switches to the last channel selected, with an available tuner, in this case the one that's just come on, with the timer.

A

Alexwilmac

No, I'm talking about OBH and I've got 5 tuners with just one recording. And, in case, you get a message letting you know there are no tuners available left.

M

Mick12334

Of your 5 tuners, you have listed, only 2 are for DVB-S2, satellite, and 3 for terrestrial.
Perhaps you could provide more details, regarding when this happens.
Are you on a satellite channel, and recording a Terrestrial channel, or vice versa.
Do you have a fixed satellite dish, with 2 individual cables, going into each tuner, a diseqc switch setup, with multiple LNB's, motorized dish, etc?
Has this happened before, or recently, or have you only just noticed it?
In Black Hole you get a message that a timer is due to start, unless, like me, you turn off the warning.

N

nunigaia

No, I'm talking about OBH and I've got 5 tuners with just one recording. And, in case, you get a message letting you know there are no tuners available left.

Change record settings ...

> Recordings allways have priority > Set it to "no".

It only change if there aren´t free tuners.

If is seted to "yes" ... will change allways from the service you are viewing ... to the one you have seted a record timer.

best regards
nunigaia

A

Alexwilmac

Of your 5 tuners, you have listed, only 2 are for DVB-S2, satellite, and 3 for terrestrial.
Perhaps you could provide more details, regarding when this happens.
Are you on a satellite channel, and recording a Terrestrial channel, or vice versa.
Do you have a fixed satellite dish, with 2 individual cables, going into each tuner, a diseqc switch setup, with multiple LNB's, motorized dish, etc?
Has this happened before, or recently, or have you only just noticed it?
In Black Hole you get a message that a timer is due to start, unless, like me, you turn off the warning.

Sorry, but I had already given details: I wrote that this happens even when there is NO OTHER tuner busy, with just one recording. So, it doesn't matter if it involves SAT or DVB-T.... 1<2 in mathematics. Particularly because it happened with terrestrial where 1<3...
Anyway, the following post from Nunigaia is the answer, I hope.

A

Alexwilmac

Change record settings ...

> Recordings allways have priority > Set it to "no".

It only change if there aren´t free tuners.

If is seted to "yes" ... will change allways from the service you are viewing ... to the one you have seted a record timer.

best regards
nunigaia

Thanks! I had forgotten the meaning of this option.