Vu+ 4K receivers OBH support

don_hidalgo26

Donating Member
Dear all,
It is well known that Vu+ is definitely dead and, maybe because of this reason, it is easy to find all remaining Vu+4K used receivers at cheap prices.
My question is: how long will be Vu+ 4K receivers will be supported by OBH team?

Mick12334

Staff member
Open images quite often support older receivers, including OpenBh, so support should last until your receiver is no longer technologically advanced enough to work with the latest images, which will be some time, as the extremely old VU+ duo has only just stopped being updated, to OpenBh 5.1, but will still work, perfectly, with OpenBh 5.0, or earlier images.
Thus VU+ 4K receivers should be supported for a long time, the first to stop working might be the VU+ Zero 4K, as it doesn't have the same power, as the other VU+ 4K receivers, but will still work for many, many years, until the electronic components fail, beyond reasonable repair.

gerolamo

Open images quite often support older receivers, including OpenBh, so support should last until your receiver is no longer technologically advanced enough to work with the latest images, which will be some time, as the extremely old VU+ duo has only just stopped being updated, to OpenBh 5.1, but will still work, perfectly, with OpenBh 5.0, or earlier images.
Thus VU+ 4K receivers should be supported for a long time, the first to stop working might be the VU+ Zero 4K, as it doesn't have the same power, as the other VU+ 4K receivers, but will still work for many, many years, until the electronic components fail, beyond reasonable repair.
As partial confirmation of what you say, my first and very old vuduo decoder, bought in 2009, is still working fine but with OBH 4.3.027 image. I also tried the OBH5.0 but with this it stuck and crashed all the time

gerolamo

As partial confirmation of what you say, my first and very old vuduo decoder, bought in 2009, is still working fine but with OBH 4.3.027 image. I also tried the OBH5.0 but with this it stuck and crashed all the time
excuse me OBH 4.4.023

don_hidalgo26

Donating Member
What about the tuner for Vu+ 4K models? Are them universal so is it possible to install in different 4K receivers (eg. install tuner of a Vu+Ultimo 4K into Duo 4K)?

nunigaia

Staff member
What about the tuner for Vu+ 4K models? Are them universal so is it possible to install in different 4K receivers (eg. install tuner of a Vu+Ultimo 4K into Duo 4K)?
Yes, with the exception the aka named "advanced tuner" ( the same kind of tuners C/T/T2 or SAT usable on DUO2 ), i.e., not FBC and not S2X.

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Dear all,
Do you think that the attached DDT T2 tuner is compatible with Duo4K or Duo 4K SE?
I ask this because the Vu+ website is not updated with latest Duo4K SE model...
No, there is no slot on either the Duo4K or Duo4K SE for that connector type.