VU+ Duo 4K SE BT Edition osd not displayed

nunigaia

Staff member
I can't find the transparency OSD setting. Could you write down the menu path to this setting? Thanks.
Use your RCU ( Remote control unit ), and:

Press:

Code:
MENU > SETUP > USER INTERFACE > ON SCREEN DISPLAY > OSD Position > Choose YES.

Interface User Visibiliy controls ALPHA ... Don´t drop down to much as you´ll loose again your OSD screen display.

best regards
nunigaia

jacsch

Hello

Sorry for the late answer.

Not many progress I am afraid, I have included your config.osd lines in my settings file and send it to the Vu+ with ‘ftp put settings settings’. I double checked with ftp get to make sure. It makes no difference.

Then I did a clean new install using the latest OpenBH version and the OSD came back for a moment. As soon as I did a reboot, the OSD was gone again.

After that I did another clean install, the OSD was gone from the start this time. I finished the setup with OpenWebif. But no way to get that OSD on my TV screen.

I could try to install the official Vu+ image. But that’s for tomorrow.

Be seeing you
Jacques

nunigaia

Staff member
Hello

Sorry for the late answer.

Not many progress I am afraid, I have included your config.osd lines in my settings file and send it to the Vu+ with ‘ftp put settings settings’. I double checked with ftp get to make sure. It makes no difference.

Then I did a clean new install using the latest OpenBH version and the OSD came back for a moment. As soon as I did a reboot, the OSD was gone again.

After that I did another clean install, the OSD was gone from the start this time. I finished the setup with OpenWebif. But no way to get that OSD on my TV screen.

I could try to install the official Vu+ image. But that’s for tomorrow.

Be seeing you
Jacques

Are you using a backup of your settings, mate?

jacsch

Use your RCU ( Remote control unit ), and:

Press:

Code:
MENU > SETUP > USER INTERFACE > ON SCREEN DISPLAY > OSD Position > Choose YES.

Interface User Visibiliy controls ALPHA ... Don´t drop down to much as you´ll loose again your OSD screen display.

best regards
nunigaia
I set this alpha to 253 --> Save --> Restart sat box
No change, OSD is not displayed

Matrix10

Staff member
Administrator
It is still not clear here
did you make a new image flash without any backup.
Clean image (without any changes and backups).Test first with 1080 P video.

jacsch

You are allways using your "no good" settings.

There are missed lines as I told you before --> https://board.openbh.net/threads/vu-duo-4k-se-bt-edition-osd-not-displayed.3078/#post-18026

Though it´s all transparent, and no OSD.

best regards
nunigaia
As I said in previously, I made the check with my initial (before any new install) sat receiver state. I edited the settings file and included these 5 instructions:

• config.osd.alpha=255
  • config.osd.dst_height=576
  • config.osd.dst_left=0
  • config.osd.dst_top=0
  • config.osd.dst_width=720
Using ftp, I transferred the modified settings file (ftp put settings settings) into /etc/enigma2.

I did a also immediately a check by copying back (ftp get settings) what is now in /etc/enigma2, just to make sure.

I restarted the Vu+ (reboot box).

After the restart still no OSD.

-----------------------------------------------

Then I did another test, after a fresh install of openbh (this is probably why you have you don't have the config.osd stuff): I changed these osd values using openwebif this time:

• config.osd.alpha=253 (changed from 255)
  • config.osd.dst_height=576
  • config.osd.dst_left=0
  • config.osd.dst_top=0
  • config.osd.dst_width=720
I checked that it is really what’s written in /etc/enigma2/settings (using ftp).

I restarted the Vu+ (reboot box).

After the restart still no OSD.
I rechecked using ftp, the content of the settings file. Your 5 instructions ARE INCLUDED.

-----------------------------------------------

Your osd lines are NOT missing.
Definitely the config.osd settings are not the problem.

Here is my current settings directory obtained with dreamboxedit.

Attachments

• settings.zip
    117.7 KB · Views: 5

jacsch

It is still not clear here
did you make a new image flash without any backup.
Clean image (without any changes and backups).Test first with 1080 P video.

The only backup I have is the one obtained with dreamboxedit, made before the clean re-install.
I did not use my backup after the first re-install.
I tested with several different resolutions including 1080p, before using my backup.

Matrix10

Staff member
Administrator
The only backup I have is the one obtained with dreamboxedit, made before the clean re-install.
I tested with several different resolutions including 1080p, before using my backup.
Then I don't know either.
I'm afraid it's a hardware problem.
The picture on the TV from the channel does not follow the same path as the OSD.

nunigaia

Staff member

Though ... only one chance to get it back, as it seems you are no reading what I said:

1674855763481.png

You are allways doing the same mistake and you are insisting to restore your settings, by using dreamboxedit.

Though check the folder where you have your "dreamboxedit settings file", and delete the file settings ... as you think it´s precious ( but fucked ) for you, you can also rename it as settings.bak, if you don´t want to loose so precious thing.

Change the file as I told you before, and restore your settings ( the clean file on the box ) should not be overwritten, so your OSD is back.

best regards
nunigaia

Attachments

• 1674854959232.png
    1674854959232.png
    57.8 KB · Views: 5

jacsch

I understand, don’t worry. Thanks for everybody’s help here.
I don’t know what I am going to do with this tuner. Probably stash it in my cellar or trash it, life is too short to spend days on unreliable (and costly) hardware.
Whatever I do Vu+ is not part of it anymore.

jacsch

Though ... only one chance to get it back, as it seems you are no reading what I said:

View attachment 3533

You are allways doing the same mistake and you are insisting to restore your settings, by using dreamboxedit.

Though check the folder where you have your "dreamboxedit settings file", and delete the file settings ... as you think it´s precious ( but fucked ) for you, you can also rename it as settings.bak, if you don´t want to loose so precious thing.

Change the file as I told you before, and restore your settings ( the clean file on the box ) should not be overwritten, so your OSD is back.

best regards
nunigaia

This morning, I took your settings file AS IS in your zip. I transferred it unchanged with your config.osd.* instructions using ftp, no dreamboxedit involved this time. Just to be to be sure to be certain that I don’t miss anything.
The idea was good, but IT DOES NOT WORK.

s8un3no

Per escludere un guasto hardware installa un'immagine diversa openpli, openAtv, ...

Translate
To rule out a hardware failure install a different image openpli, openAtv, ...

jacsch

Per escludere un guasto hardware installa un'immagine diversa openpli, openAtv, ...

Translate
To rule out a hardware failure install a different image openpli, openAtv, ...
I planned to install the official Vu+ image. I found this:

Mick12334

Staff member
You only need to update the bootloader, if the manufacturer finds a problem, and requires an update.
You can locate the official image here:
Code:
http://code.vuplus.com/index.php?action=image&image=30&model=vuduo4kse
But you don't need to load the official image, just please do as I asked, early in the thread.
Load OpenBh, with a fresh installation, when prompted do not install any stored backup.
Do not install any plugins, addons, change skin, or add any channels.
Once completed just press the menu button, and see if it displays, on your television.
This will rule out a lot of conjecture, and help narrow down the problem.

nunigaia

Staff member
I planned to install the official Vu+ image. I found this:
You only need to update the bootloader, if the manufacturer finds a problem, and requires an update.
You can locate the official image here:
Code:
http://code.vuplus.com/index.php?action=image&image=30&model=vuduo4kse
But you don't need to load the official image, just please do as I asked, early in the thread.
Load OpenBh, with a fresh installation, when prompted do not install any stored backup.
Do not install any plugins, addons, change skin, or add any channels.
Once completed just press the menu button, and see if it displays, on your television.
This will rule out a lot of conjecture, and help narrow down the problem.

1) Surely, your STB has no hardware issue.

2) There´s not "public bootloader" for that STB.

3) Forget your DreamboxEdit "saved settings" .... and it is quite simple, to bring your OSD back, as I told you from the first time.

Let´s do it with steps:

4) ... delete your "settings file" from your PC. > I have done detailed screen shots for you, above posts ( see it ) .... just click on the mouse over it and press delete on your laptop keyboard.

5) .... do a fresh flash with the lastest OpenBh 5.1 image regarding your STB --> https://images.openbh.net/?b=5.1/vuplus/vuduo4kse ... download it, and flash, by using the traditional method.

6) ... Set it with the basic configurations. ( Including setting the net password )

Reboot it...

7) Open DreamboxEdit ... and send your settings to your STB.

8) Restart enigma2

9) Set your tuners. ... restart your STB

10) If all is ok and your OSD is back since the 3) ... You have no hardware issues ... it was your fault. ( I AM 100% SURE THAT IT WAS YOUR FAULT ) ... your settings file on the PC is "FUCKED" ( DELETE IT = ERASE = SEND IT to HELL" ... for the last time.

Hi , i had the same problème on my VU+ Duo 4K SE BT Edition , Open Pli 8.3 ,it as was working , i was using Xtreamity when a lost the network link (non internet , no local link by DCC)
I had rebooted the STB et thenn , all ok but no OSD on TV , only picture of channel was OK
On Web interface no problème all was ok (picture and osd)

So , i did what nunigaia say and now it's ok

So thank you mister

nunigaia