Vu+ Real Multiboot Now Available

darog69

@octron
Hold the power button until the tuner restarts, it should start

@Liquid
Yesterday I uploaded OpenPLi 8.3 to slot 3 and the tuner did not get up, I did not remove startup, because I had no way, I uploaded OBH 6.1 from scratch and multiboot too

Last edited:

Liquid

Staff member
Administrator
@octron
Hold the power button until the tuner restarts, it should start

@Liquid
Yesterday I uploaded OpenPLi 8.3 to slot 3 and the tuner did not get up, I did not remove startup, because I had no way, I uploaded OBH 6.1 from scratch and multiboot too
We decided that with 4gb flash storing 4 slot could be too much... You would get really few free space. So we decided to let to have 3 slot in flash. Later we plan to let users to install slots on usb. I like that solution because if something would get wrong you can remove the stick and the box will boot from flash after a timeout (will implement this functionality early)... However I plan to implement the reading of an emergency file from usb to restore slot0 without flashing

darog69

So I'm looking forward to the final version I use a similar solution in Ustym4kpro on a micro sd card

octron

box is full recoverd now, thanks for tutorial.
but you should complete it with, never flash VTI images in Multiboot....

darog69

But OpenBh 5.2 works very well for me on VuUltimo4k, even the TivuSat CI module works without a problem Good job (y)

rselturk

Yaşım:78. Kolay heyecanlanan biri değilim.Ama "Çoklu Önyükleme Eklentilerini" severek, sık kullanan biri olarak Real Multiboot konusundaki olumlu gelişmeler beni bile heyecanlandırdı.Bir kez daha buna emek verenleri kutluyorum.Konuyu hep izleyeceğim.
Özür dilerim;türkçeyi bile zor kullanan biri olarak bundan sonra benden "İngilizce" öğrenmemi beklemeyin lütfen...Saygılarımla...

Liquid

Staff member
Administrator
I'm still alive...
- support booting to flash if usb is missing ok in v0.2
- support using a fat 32 formatted usb drive with magic file to choose the slot ok in v0.2, i really like this feature
- support reading STARTUP_ONCE - will use slot 0 as recovery ok in v0.2, but I introduced some regression.

I really liked to release today for already supported box, but I need to postpone the release.