VU+ Duo 4K SE BT Edition osd not displayed

jacsch

High Guys

I am getting crazy about this problem.
The On Screen Display is not displayed on my TV. I have tried to restart the TV and my VU+ Duo 4K SE BT Edition, nothing doing.

I have openbh 5.0.013 (2022-03-18) installed.
The BT remote works because I can change channels based on what is displayed on the VU+ central screen. But this is really cumbersome.

Any ideas? Any settings I am missing?

Thanks

Mick12334

Staff member
Can you please provide more details.
Are you stating that you aren't getting any picture, on your television, only on your VU+ display? Is it just extra information, you can view on your VU+ display, that your not seeing on your television?
Can you please post the make/model, of your television, if the problem is that there's no picture?
You can alter the settings, in the menu, to display various information, on your television, for various lengths of time.

jacsch

Can you please provide more details.
Are you stating that you aren't getting any picture, on your television, only on your VU+ display? Is it just extra information, you can view on your VU+ display, that your not seeing on your television?
Can you please post the make/model, of your television, if the problem is that there's no picture?
You can alter the settings, in the menu, to display various information, on your television, for various lengths of time.
I am getting all channels on my TV screen. No problem displaying a channel’s picture. I think the TV is OK The TV displays is OK.
What I don’t get ON THE TV SCREEN, are the (OSD) menu list (Setup,Timers,…) if I press the Menu button on the remote.

Again,
  • The channels programs are displayed on the TV, no problem
  • I get these OSD settings on the Vu+ little central screen, if I press the Menu button on the remote,
  • but I DON’T get any OSD settings on the TV screen, if I press the Menu button on the remote.
Therefore I am not completely lost, if I need to change Vu+ settings, but it is very cumbersome and not normal.

Thanks for the answer and sorry for my bad English, English is only my third language.

jacsch

To be more clear by using your own words:
It is just extra information, I can view on my VU+ display, but that I am not seeing on my television.

jacsch

I just checked with another TV and I have the same problem, no menu list or extra information displayed on the TV screen.

Mick12334

Staff member
I think I now understand, when you press your menu button, bringing up the various menu options, it doesn't display on your television. Did it display during installation, when loading OpenBh 5.1?
Have you tried altering your television, and receivers, display settings?
Have you checked is it displays on a computer monitor, by using openwebif? If you haven't used openwebif, before, just type your receivers IP address into your internet browser.

jacsch

I think I now understand, when you press your menu button, bringing up the various menu options, it doesn't display on your television. Did it display during installation, when loading OpenBh 5.1?
Have you tried altering your television, and receivers, display settings?
Have you checked is it displays on a computer monitor, by using openwebif? If you haven't used openwebif, before, just type your receivers IP address into your internet browser.
“Did it display during installation, when loading OpenBh 5.1?”
Yes, it did. I installed OpenBh half a year ago and this morning I restarted my Vu+ and that’s when the various menu options weren’t displayed anymore on TV.

“Have you tried altering your television, and receivers, display settings?”
Yes, I even tested with another TV, same problem as with my main TV.

“Have you checked is it displays on a computer monitor, by using openwebif?”
Yes, I have used openwebif today, the various menu options are displayed on my laptop screen.

I have also restarted my TV and the Vu+ several times.
Good ideas, but the problem persists.

Mick12334

Staff member
If it shows up on your PC, using openwebif, and it displayed during installation, then I think the problem might lie with your HDMI cable, which I can't understand, your HDMI output, from your receiver, or in your television, but I still come back to a display settings issue.
A lot of possible issues, could be ruled out, if you carry out a fresh installation, of the latest OpenBh 5.1, and see if you can view the menu screen, during installation.
What make/model television, do you have, is it a fully 4K TV?
have you tried other HDMI imputs, on your TV?

Last edited:

s8un3no

Se non vedi i menù hai un problema con la skin, devi cambiarla, puoi riuscirci anche dalla webif menu interfaccia utente skin selection, se non ne hai altre metti quella di default, poi ne scarichi altre più piacevoli

Translate
If you don't see the menus, you have a problem with the skin, you need to change it, you can also do it from the webif menu user interface skin selection, if you don't have any other, put the default one, then download other more pleasant ones

jacsch

If it shows up on your PC, using openwebif, and it displayed during installation, then I think the problem might lie with your HDMI cable, which I can't understand, your HDMI output, from your receiver, or in your television, but I still come back to a display settings issue.
A lot of possible issues, could be ruled out, if you carry out a fresh installation, of the latest OpenBh 5.1, and see if you can view the menu screen, during installation.
What make/model television, do you have, is it a fully 4K TV?
have you tried other HDMI imputs, on your TV?
This is really a strange problem, I couldn’t find much about anything similar on the web.

I think I will have to carry out a fresh installation. I was afraid that it would come to this. Currently I use openwebif on my phone. Because I still can watch Sat TV, a new installation won’t happen soon. I will return here when it is done.

Thanks for your much appreciated time.

jacsch

Se non vedi i menù hai un problema con la skin, devi cambiarla, puoi riuscirci anche dalla webif menu interfaccia utente skin selection, se non ne hai altre metti quella di default, poi ne scarichi altre più piacevoli

Translate
If you don't see the menus, you have a problem with the skin, you need to change it, you can also do it from the webif menu user interface skin selection, if you don't have any other, put the default one, then download other more pleasant ones
The idea with the skin is interesting. I changed the skin to “default OE-A <Emergency>”. The problem didn’t go away; I still don’t see the menu on my TV screen. I will probably re-install openBH in the near future (sigh).
Thanks for the help.

Mick12334

Staff member
Is there anything else you've injstalled, that might be causing the problem?
I think you should do a fresh installation, and not change anything, or install any additional plugins, don't even load a channel list, prior to checking the menu option is working.

jacsch

Is there anything else you've injstalled, that might be causing the problem?
I think you should do a fresh installation, and not change anything, or install any additional plugins, don't even load a channel list, prior to checking the menu option is working.
By the way here is my TV.
97.5" TCL 98C735 - Specifications (displayspecifications.com)
I bought it for 4000 euros with 5 years warranty.

Nothing special installed. l will do a new install (sigh) of openbh, as soon as I feel like it.

s8un3no

Vero, controlla che la trasparenza del osd non sia al 100%

Translate
True, check that the transparency of the OSD is not 100%

Mick12334

Staff member
make sure you use the tools, available, e.g. dreamboxedit, to back up your channels, and bouquets, it makes it a lot easier to carry out a fresh installation.

nunigaia

Staff member
Thanks for the file.

I have tested the file and it seems, you have cleaned from there some lines as:

Code:
config.osd.alpha=255
config.osd.dst_height=576
config.osd.dst_left=0
config.osd.dst_top=0
config.osd.dst_width=720

Well, i edited it and now i can get OSD.

As I don´t have a 4K TV, i changed the RES video output to 1080p, so just boot for the first time with the resolution I changed (1080p).

Steps:

1) Unzip the settings.zip file to your PC or Laptop.

2) Don´t touch ( edit ) the obtained file ( settings ) ... this file has no extension.

3) By FTP, send the file to, and overwrite the file there:

Code:
/etc/enigma2

4) Restart enigma2 ... and check it!

OSD should be back! ;)

best regards
nunigaia

Attachments

• settings.zip
    900 bytes · Views: 9

jacsch

Thanks for the file.

I have tested the file and it seems, you have cleaned from there some lines as:

Code:
config.osd.alpha=255
config.osd.dst_height=576
config.osd.dst_left=0
config.osd.dst_top=0
config.osd.dst_width=720

Well, i edited it and now i can get OSD.

As I don´t have a 4K TV, i changed the RES video output to 1080p, so just boot for the first time with the resolution I changed (1080p).

Steps:

1) Unzip the settings.zip file to your PC or Laptop.

2) Don´t touch ( edit ) the obtained file ( settings ) ... this file has no extension.

3) By FTP, send the file to, and overwrite the file there:

Code:
/etc/enigma2

4) Restart enigma2 ... and check it!

OSD should be back! ;)

best regards
nunigaia
Thanks for your answer.

Did you join the modified settings file? I don’t see any zip attachment.

Be seeing you
Jacques