HowTo Vu+ Multiboot in OpenBh 5.2

khalid zia

Does we need this step before multiimage slots

Code:
cd /tmp
unzip kexec-multiboot-ultimo4k-v0.2.4.zip (the box name obviously changes depending which Vu+ model you have).
sh install.sh

Can we make slot 4_5_6_7 in sdd instead of usb in vu uno 4k se?
Yes it is possible, partition the ssd into 2 ext4 partitions, a large one that is mounted in the hdd and a small one of approximately 20 gb also ext4 that is mounted in the usb. You can partition with Paragon Hard Disk Manager to be able to make a second small partition of 20 GB as you don't need more for slots 4_5_6_7, picones, swap......

valery84

It doesn't work for me: I already have a two partitions ssd and small ext-4 partition mounted as usb, but red button doesn't show the option to create extra slots. If I put a usb pen the option appears

Karim

After experimentation. It turns out that multiboot does not run on the hard drive only works with USB but only gives me four partitions. 4 slot

fagmixy

If you install an OpenBh 4.4 or older or a BH image, then use the attached Multiboot old Bh and Obh images.zip file

what is path for attached multiboot obh images.zip for obh 4.4 ???
Thanks

djuro1

When I tried to install obh 4.4, the image manager does not offer the possibility of which slot to install, but throws out the message, This will remove vu multiboot and erase all emmc slots, receiver vu duo 4k se, this did not happen until I updated oph 5.2 from 28.02.2023. When the name of the image openbh-4.4.023.release-vuduo4kse_usb_release_ae97e48e.zip is renamed to any other name, the installation works ok

This does not happen on vu solo 4k, everything is ok

Attachments

• screenshot_20230301092547.jpg
    screenshot_20230301092547.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
If you install an OpenBh 4.4 or older or a BH image, then use the attached Multiboot old Bh and Obh images.zip file

what is path for attached multiboot obh images.zip for obh 4.4 ???
Thanks

Copy menu.xml to /usr/share/enigma2

Copy RecoveryStart.pyo to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
When I tried to install obh 4.4, the image manager does not offer the possibility of which slot to install, but throws out the message, This will remove vu multiboot and erase all emmc slots, receiver vu duo 4k se, this did not happen until I updated oph 5.2 from 28.02.2023. When the name of the image openbh-4.4.023.release-vuduo4kse_usb_release_ae97e48e.zip is renamed to any other name, the installation works ok

This does not happen on vu solo 4k, everything is ok
Can you give exact steps you are doing, as I can not replicate the issue

djuro1

Can you give exact steps you are doing, as I can not replicate the issue
I enter the backup images manager and select the image for installation and press ok on the remote, after that it throws out a message