HowTo Vu+ Multiboot in OpenBh 5.2

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
I enter the backup images manager and select the image for installation and press ok on the remote, after that it throws out a message
Ok, you are flashing from the recovery image.

So it brings up the message to give you the option of reflashing the recovery slot (if you select Yes, then it will replace all the current images in flash (eMMC) and remove Multiboot).

If you select No, then it will give you the option of choosing which slot you wish to flash.

djuro1

Ok, you are flashing from the recovery image.

So it brings up the message to give you the option of reflashing the recovery slot (if you select Yes, then it will replace all the current images in flash (eMMC) and remove Multiboot).

If you select No, then it will give you the option of choosing which slot you wish to flash.
Correct, but when I choose, the installation slots do not appear, but when I specify the slot in which I will install and press ok on the remote, Enigma falls and the receiver restarts

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Correct, but when I choose, the installation slots do not appear, but when I specify the slot in which I will install and press ok on the remote, Enigma falls and the receiver restarts
Can not replicate that, it works as it should for me, even choosing obh 4.4 and slot 3 from recovery image.

djuro1

Can not replicate that, it works as it should for me, even choosing obh 4.4 and slot 3 from recovery image.
This only happens with obh 4.4 and even on it if I change the name of the image to another name I can install it normally, very strange behavior

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
This only happens with obh 4.4 and even on it if I change the name of the image to another name I can install it normally, very strange behavior
It is obh 4.4 that I tested with.

Try downloading again from the server.

No i use files obh for obh 4.4 thanks man
I know It's a lot to ask, but please don't kill me for a simple question or idea :)
Would it be possible (in the future) to distribute this new "VU+ Multiboot" support to your own images (BH 3.1.0, OBH 4.4) via online update ?
There are still users like me who still use those images and it seems some of us have technical difficulties to update those images manually via script...Thanks

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
I know It's a lot to ask, but please don't kill me for a simple question or idea :)
Would it be possible (in the future) to distribute this new "VU+ Multiboot" support to your own images (BH 3.1.0, OBH 4.4) via online update ?
There are still users like me who still use those images and it seems some of us have technical difficulties to update those images manually via script...Thanks
No it's not possible, we can not and will not be updating old images now.

We have already supplied files to be able to switch to slot 1,2,3 or recovery from those images.

Matrix10

Staff member
Administrator
The installation of old images is the same as the installation in flash from a USB stick.
Read the instructions again.
The only problem is with changing to another image.
And that can be done with instructions by adding only two files through FTP
and it is described on the forum.

The installation of old images is the same as the installation in flash from a USB stick.
Read the instructions again.
The only problem is with changing to another image.
And that can be done with instructions by adding only two files through FTP
and it is described on the forum.
OK, was just an idea to make it more beginner friendly. But you're right, installation seems quite easy. The whole guide is very well written(y)
Old OpenMultiboot in my box got damaged(only flash image works) so I'm preparing for a complete box reinstall anyway.
Hope this solution is more robust and stable. Thank you again for your hard work.