HowTo Vu+ Multiboot in OpenBh 5.2

djuro1

djuro1 said:
I used the trial version and I also couldn't run openpli on it, but when obh 5.2 came out, I installed everything again both in flash and on usb, the same thing happens with the BH image only on solo 4k, and on duo 4k se everything works ok

Ok we are looking into it.

Removing the usb stick, BH seems to boot if it's installed in a flash slot (1,2,3).

Investigation is ongoing.
Are there any solutions for vu solo 4k, for openpli image and bh image, I only managed to start after installing openpli 4.0

Seems that I have some clue why I could not enter recovery mode yesterday regardless of where my flashdrive was inserted.
Hope this helps to improve the recovery process for the future...

In my box are 3 storage devices:
4TB HDD inside the box - detected as /dev/sda (EXT4)
250MB USB 2.0 Flashdrive in front USB 2.0 port - detected as /dev/sdb (FAT32) with the STARTUP_RECOVERY file
64GB USB 3.0 Flashdrive in back USB 3.0 port - detected as /dev/sdc (EXT4)

From the MultiBoot kexec logfile it seems that STARTUP_RECOVERY file was only checked in device /dev/sda which is the internal HardDrive.
Seems that none of my flashdrives (in front or back ports) have been checked for the file existence (message: not a block device ...skip).
Following output is from OpenBH 5.2.003:

Code:
root@vuduo4k:/boot# cat kexec-multiboot.log
KEXEC-1ST STAGE: STARTUP_RECOVERY not present in /dev/sda
KEXEC-1ST STAGE: STARTUP_RECOVERY not present in /dev/sda1
KEXEC-1ST STAGE: /dev/sdb is not a block device... skip
KEXEC-1ST STAGE: /dev/sdb1 is not a block device... skip
KEXEC-1ST STAGE: /dev/sdc is not a block device... skip
KEXEC-1ST STAGE: /dev/sdc1 is not a block device... skip
KEXEC-1ST STAGE: /dev/scdd is not a block device... skip
KEXEC-1ST STAGE: /dev/sdd1 is not a block device... skip
KEXEC-1ST STAGE: loading STARTUP from /dev/mmcblk0p9...
KEXEC-1ST STAGE: STARTUP: kernel=/linuxrootfs1/zImage root=/dev/mmcblk0p9 rootsubdir=linuxrootfs1
KEXEC-1ST STAGE: Found kernel /linuxrootfs1/zImage
KEXEC-1ST STAGE: Found root /dev/mmcblk0p9
KEXEC-1ST STAGE: Found rootsubdir /linuxrootfs1
KEXEC-1ST STAGE: WAITING

KEXEC-1ST STAGE: ##############################################################################
KEXEC-1ST STAGE: booting kernel: /newroot//linuxrootfs1/zImage
KEXEC-1ST STAGE: booting initrd: /newroot/STARTUP.cpio.gz
KEXEC-1ST STAGE: ##############################################################################
KEXEC-2ND STAGE: loading STARTUP from /dev/mmcblk0p9...
KEXEC-2ND STAGE: STARTUP: kernel=/linuxrootfs1/zImage root=/dev/mmcblk0p9 rootsubdir=linuxrootfs1
KEXEC-2ND STAGE: Found kernel /linuxrootfs1/zImage
KEXEC-2ND STAGE: Found root /dev/mmcblk0p9
KEXEC-2ND STAGE: Found rootsubdir linuxrootfs1
KEXEC-2ND STAGE: WAITING
KEXEC-2ND STAGE: Mount bind linuxrootfs1
KEXEC-2ND STAGE: ##############################################################################
KEXEC-2ND STAGE: Hack to override vuplus static cmdline
KEXEC-2ND STAGE: ##############################################################################
KEXEC-2ND STAGE: kernel v4

KEXEC-2ND STAGE: Mounting /newroot to /newroot_subdir/boot to expose STARTUP_RECOVERY
KEXEC-2ND STAGE: mount -o move /newroot /newroot_subdir/boot/
root@vuduo4k:/boot#
root@vuduo4k:/boot# df -h
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/mmcblk0p9            3.5G      2.6G    691.3M  79% /boot
/dev/mmcblk0p9            3.5G      2.6G    691.3M  79% /
tmpfs                   277.0M    216.0K    276.8M   0% /var/volatile
tmpfs                   277.0M    216.0K    276.8M   0% /sys/firmware/devicetree/base/chosen/bootargs
tmpfs                   277.0M    216.0K    276.8M   0% /proc/cmdline
devtmpfs                268.0M      8.0K    268.0M   0% /dev
tmpfs                    64.0K         0     64.0K   0% /media
/dev/sda1                 3.6T      3.0T    650.4G  83% /media/hdd
/dev/sdb                246.0M      2.0K    246.0M   0% /media/sdb
/dev/sdc1                58.1G    293.3M     57.8G   0% /media/usb
root@vuduo4k:/boot#

aco77

I have a problem with the vu zero 4k receiver with the multibot option, if the image is destroyed for some reason, it is not possible to recover the receiver through startup recover, everything has to be done from the beginning, while it is tested on vu solo 4k and vu duo 4k se, the startup recover option does it work, is there a solution for the vu zero 4k receiver?

Liquid

Staff member
Administrator
I was able to patch the blackhole kernel for solo4k to work with this multiboot.

I've uploaded it on the first post with few instruction.

"If you want to install Blackhole_3.1.0 (or your backup) on solo4k you need to repack the image with the file kernel_auto.bin. Download BH 3.10 kernel_auto.zip, unzip it, unzip the image, replace the original kernel_auto.bin with the new one. Zip the image again and flash it from openbh image manager."

If you have already flashed it, you can also rename the file kernel_auto.bin to zImage and upload it into the right slot by overwriting /linuxrootfsNN/zImage. But pay attention, if you write it on the wrong slot you might damage that slot .

Last edited:

djuro1

I was able to patch the blackhole kernel for solo4k to work with this multiboot.

I've uploaded it on the first post with few instruction.

"If you want to install Blackhole_3.1.0 (or your backup) on solo4k you need to repack the image with the file kernel_auto.bin. Download BH 3.10 kernel_auto.zip, unzip it, unzip the image, replace the original kernel_auto.bin with the new one. Zip the image again and flash it from openbh image manager."

If you have already flashed it, you can also rename the file kernel_auto.bin to zImage and upload it into the right slot by overwriting /linuxrootfsNN/zImage. But pay attention, if you write it on the wrong slot you might damage that slot .
Great work, kernel patch tested and works on openpli 8.3, openpli develop, Nonsolosat-27 and BH image. Thank you

paperino61

HI and tks for your job
After install 5.2 I've installed OBH 4.4. in one of the slot
I read:
"If you install an OpenBh 4.4 or older or a BH image, then use the attached Multiboot old Bh and Obh images.zip file (thx to Mx10)"
I've downloade this zip file and i can find a dir called OBH 4.4 that ccontains menu.xml and RecoveryStart.pyo.
I'm'not able to understand when I have to put these files to have multiboot working also in obh 4.4

Thanks in advance for help

paperino61

HI and tks for your job
After install 5.2 I've installed OBH 4.4. in one of the slot
I read:
"If you install an OpenBh 4.4 or older or a BH image, then use the attached Multiboot old Bh and Obh images.zip file (thx to Mx10)"
I've downloade this zip file and i can find a dir called OBH 4.4 that ccontains menu.xml and RecoveryStart.pyo.
I'm'not able to understand when I have to put these files to have multiboot working also in obh 4.4

Thanks in advance for help
Hi all, sorry for the stupid question.....the answer from Matrix10, was already present in the post "howto-vu-multiboot-in-openbh-5-2.3119"
- Copy menu.xml to /usr/share/enigma2/ (make a backup of the old one just in case)
- and copy RecoveryStart.pyo to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/

Thanks to Matrix10 and all others for the hard work on this image

nunigaia

Staff member
vu plus duo4K se
Wich image are you using on flash?

best regards
nunigaia