Impossible to Mount NAS

hall9000

Hello

I have a problem.
I can't fit my nas.
It is active but not mounted.

1640369174201.png

I have been using OBH for years and the NAS is mounted correctly in the other image I have in multiboot

1640369340182.png

Many thanks to those who want to help me.

Hall

AlexWilMac

Staff member
As I told you in the vuplus-community forum, it's surely not an overall problem, as I have, for instance, no problem at using my two NAS devices with 5.0, a Synology and also a WDMycloud.
So, maybe your problem has to be searched either in your NAS OS or in the protocol used. Maybe, 5.0 is more restrictive about old protocols.
For instance, I have SMB2 as minimum protocol and SMB3 as maximum.
But, unfortunately, there are so many parameters in NAS devices that it's impossible to list them all.

hall9000

Good Morning :)

My question is only for administrators and programmers.

Find a way to re-enable SMBv1

Would it be possible to do like in windows where you can enable SMB 1.0 / CIFS file sharing support?

Through a script or (too good) with a plugin?

Thank you (y)

I wish everyone Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas

Hall

AlexWilMac

Staff member
But, see that my theory it was caused by an old protocol issue was right? ;) Are you sure there isn't a new version of your NAS OS to enable more recent and safe protocols? My two NAS devices released new OS versions in order to achieve this safety and have up to SMB3.
Instead of trying to force OBH to go back, maybe is easier to go forward with this specific NAS, if it does not have SMB2. It seems strange it hasn't, though.

vgraev

But, see that my theory it was caused by an old protocol issue was right? ;) Are you sure there isn't a new version of your NAS OS to enable more recent and safe protocols? My two NAS devices released new OS versions in order to achieve this safety and have up to SMB3.
Instead of trying to force OBH to go back, maybe is easier to go forward with this specific NAS, if it does not have SMB2. It seems strange it hasn't, though.

as far, as i know nfs is more suitable for linux system, synology - is a linux-based system. try nfs. it must be quicker than smb

hall9000

Hello

I have a NAS Zyxtel NSA 325S V2 from 2012 when most people didn't know what it was.......

Now unfortunately the technology is proceeding fast and my NAS does not receive updates.

I have looked at the site and the forums but it seems that it cannot switch to SMB2

Following is the information for SMB version supported for Zyxel NAS:
SMB v1: NSA series, NSA325 v2 and previous model
SMB v2: NAS series, NAS326, NAS520, NAS540 and NAS542.

The home pc with win 10 see the NAS, Ipad also, smarthpone and my VUDuo2 with other images that I have in multiboot...
I was asking administrators for help to use OBH image what could I do ...
even editing the image and taking copy and paste parts of OBH with old SMB.

Thanks

Hall

hall9000

Good morning:)

I'm here to ask again for help to come up with something to show my NAS to the new OBH 5.0 image

I ask for help from the programmers of this image (AlexWilMac has already expressed his opinion) to give me some indications to restore that portion of the image.

Or to show my NAS in another way to the image.

Thank you very much from now on who will be of help to me :)

Hall

hall9000

Good morning :)

In the mount editor of a Polish image I found the possibility to choose the version of samba SMB / CIFS in which to connect the decoder to the line.

1655545919725.png

Possibility extended from samba SMB 1.0 / CIFS to 2.1 up to 3

1655545963822.png

1655546002789.png

I kindly ask to administrators and programmers if it were possible to extend this possibility to this beautiful OBH image as well.

I guess you don't have much time to follow up on all the inquiries that come to you...

In this case I ask then where I can find this part to change in the image, and I will do it at my own risk

Best regards

Hall

Huevos

Vix Developer
VIP
smb.conf
Code:
disable netbios = yes

Make sure it says:
Code:
disable netbios = no

Then reboot.

hall9000

Hello Huevos

Thanks for your help

The file does not contain what you say

Attachments

• smb.zip
    233 bytes · Views: 5

hall9000

Good Morning :)

My question is only for administrators and programmers.

Find a way to re-enable SMBv1

Would it be possible to do like in windows where you can enable SMB 1.0 / CIFS file sharing support?

Through a script or (too good) with a plugin?

Thank you (y)

I wish everyone Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas

Hall

1661159079742.png

Many Thanks to amministrators and programmers

In the last release I found the change to the mount (by default it was 2.0 I changed it to 1.0) and now everything works!

Just a note ... Wouldn't it be better to notify you via post when you make significant changes?

Thanks

Hall

Attachments

• 1661158727502.png
    1661158727502.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 5