Multiboot Image Selector

twol

Vix Developer
VIP
@Wendy …..can you supply
……… debug log (if not setup, then menu/setup/system/logs/settings enable and save somewhere other than flash, you will have to restart after the enable) …….. I am after the multiboot debug in the first couple of pages
also whats in /boot and can you attach STARTUP1 and one of the sd card STARTUP files

Wendy

At the moment the Sheriff is watching a movie and I don't want to end up behind bars...lol..
I will certainly do it. I assume you need this info from the Openbh-5.0.006 image?

twol

Vix Developer
VIP
Whenever and BH is fine… at this rate if I keep typing I could end up behind bars as well

Wendy

Hi..I'm sure I'm following the correct procedure..but the debug log from OpenATV-7.0 is not being generated in either /home/root or in /media/hdd (tried both pathways). I'm now trying to reboot not just restart gui. Nothing again. I attach a screenshot of Log Settings.

Attachments

• screenshot_2021-12-27_09-06-55.jpg
    screenshot_2021-12-27_09-06-55.jpg
    603.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Wendy

I attach debug log taken from OpenDroid-7.1.

Attachments

• Requested info from opendroid-7.1.zip
    19.2 KB · Views: 2

twol

Vix Developer
VIP
Hi..I'm sure I'm following the correct procedure..but the debug log from OpenATV-7.0 is not being generated in either /home/root or in /media/hdd (tried both pathways). I'm now trying to reboot not just restart gui. Nothing again. I attach a screenshot of Log Settings.
@Wendy, can you try attachments in OpenBH image and provide debug log (or crash logs) ... rename existing files before copying.
Multiboot.py goes in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Tools
Harddisk.py goes in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components
Before copying I normally use putty to init 4 the box, copy to receiver and then putty to init 6(reboot) (space between init 4 and init 6)

Attachments

• multiboot.zip
    14.7 KB · Views: 17

kaka90

Unfortunately, I was the idiot that had to write code for this box and again when they changed the slot support - and I rarely look at the Octagon forum as the sf8008 is not my favourite receiver for this and many other reasons.
The Q‘s were just to ascertain your setup.
Hi, I use two plugins Multiboot FlashOnline to to create extra partitions
For stb with the latest recovery on board (eg: Sf8008 - GbTri4k)it is possible to create further Multiboot slots (2-4-6-8-10-12-14-16-18-20-22-24-26) by connecting an external MicroSd or PenDrive (Octagon sf8008m usb2 port only).
https://github.com/m4dhouse/Multiboot-FlashOnline

maumixio

I used script by Smokey from his forum and modified to initialized my 16 Gb SD card now I'm OK but nex decoder I will try again with plugin. Install new images works fine but not overwriting: does the plugin need an empty slot?

kaka90

I use two plugins Multiboot FlashOnline to create extra partitions for my 64GB SD card and choose 20 partitions and the remaining 19GB I use as hdd

1.jpg