OpenBh 5.2 is now Available

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
OpenBh 5.2

release_post.png

OpenBh 5.2 is based on the OE-Alliance 5.2 core.

So what is different in OpenBh 5.2 then?

The main change from OpenBh 5.1 to OpenBh 5.2 is that Python has been upgraded from Python 3.10 to Python 3.11 and gstreamer has been updated to version 1.20.4

Whats New:

• OE-A 5.2
  • Python 3.11
  • Gstreamer updated to version 1.20.4
  • New Vu+ Multiboot feature added for all 4K Vu+ models
  • If your favourite plugins no longer work, you will need to contact the plugin authors to ask them to update their plugins for Python3.11

Vu+ Multiboot wouldn't have been possible without the hundreds of hours that dpeddi has spent over several years (yes it's been an on going project for him in his spare time for many years) to bring this real multiboot option for all Vu+ 4K boxes.

It is something we requested from Vu+ around 7/8 years ago and they told us it was not possible to add it, well finally we can prove them wrong.

You will find more information on how to setup and use Vu+ Multiboot here:

Apart from the above you should not notice many differences between previous OpenBh 5.1 and OpenBh 5.2 images.

PLEASE NOTE FROM THIS RELEASE WE WILL NO LONGER BE SUPPORTING THE FOLLOWING BOXES, Edision OS Nino Pro, OS Nino +, Amiko Viper4K V40

However we may build images for these models in our "Community" images at a later date if there is enough interest.

2.png

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

*** You need to set a Password to use FTP, TELNET & SSH ***

Where can I find the OpenBh git ?

The OpenBh git is located here: https://github.com/BlackHole

Thanks to:

• Rytec, doglover and all the teams that host EPG feeds for EPG Importer, for their continued support.
  • All developers for their plugins used in the feeds of this image.
  • dpeddi for the massive amount of work he did to bring real Multiboot to Vu+ 4K boxes.
  • Twol for the work he did in integrating Vu+ Multiboot into the images
  • All of the OpenBh Beta team for their hours of testing and dedication on improving the image.
  • All those who have submitted patches/fixes
  • To all who have submitted translation work for OpenBh.
  • Twol for the conversion to Python 3. This has involved manually converting literally hundreds of Python files and associated c++ code.
  • Huevos and Twol for testing, debugging, and responding to feedback and problems.
  • Huevos for his work on blindscan and ABM.
  • Peter de Jonge, abu baniaz & Huevos for their work with Andyblac to improve ABM.
  • Matrix10 for OpenBh skins.

DISCLAIMER

THE OPENBH IMAGE DOES NOT CONTAIN ANY EMULATOR, K E Y S, SOFTCAMS OR OTHER SYSTEM FOR VIEWING PAY - TV WITH OR WITHOUT A PAID SUBSCRIPTION.

THE OPENBH IMAGE DOES NOT CONTAIN ANY SYSTEM TO DOWNLOAD PLUGINS OR EMULATORS FROM EXTERNAL SERVERS OR SOFTWARE THAT MAY BE USED FOR ILLEGAL PURPOSES SUCH AS CARD SHARING.

*** You need to set a Password to use FTP, TELNET & SSH ***

You can find the images in the downloads section here:

Nitemare

@EVO

Can you check the OpenVPN issue again please ... same non starting issue as with 5.1

Tried the file provided last time but no joy!

Thanks,
Nitemare.

aco77

with the new version 5.2 on the zero 4k receiver there is no option to enable multibot, while on the vu duo 4k se and vu solo 4k this option is visible because it has been tested.
is there a solution for this problem?
picture attached.

Attachments

• 1_0_1_149F_7DC_2_21_0_0_0_20230223214009.jpg
    1_0_1_149F_7DC_2_21_0_0_0_20230223214009.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 57

darog69

Hello, I have installed OpenBH 5.2 and activated Multiboot, will the images that I have installed on SSD using kexec with 5.1 work in version 5.2, if so, what should I do to make them visible?

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
with the new version 5.2 on the zero 4k receiver there is no option to enable multibot, while on the vu duo 4k se and vu solo 4k this option is visible because it has been tested.
is there a solution for this problem?
picture attached.
Should be fixed now (online update), sorry we tested it over and over and then forgot to commit the change to the build.

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Hello, I have installed OpenBH 5.2 and activated Multiboot, will the images that I have installed on SSD using kexec with 5.1 work in version 5.2, if so, what should I do to make them visible?
Move the linuxrootfsX folders on your ssd, to the location used by Multiboot which will be the name of your box i.e /media/usb/ultimo4k or duo4k etc etc then create new usb slots from the mulitboot selector menu

darog69

It's a pity that under the red button there is no USB/HDD selection, I cheated Multiboot a bit by editing new slots, i.e. I changed UUID to usb to UUID from SSD and it works, but I couldn't see the previously installed images, so I removed them and reinstalled

alex123

i hope the new python bring more fixes and support for my vu solo 2... (transcoding streaming with 1mbps bitrate keep crashing) :(

taree

with vu zero4k
I can not find under the red button there is no USB/HDD selection.
i mounted my ssd as media/hdd
any zero4k holder having this problem?

taree

There is no option to use hdd, mount your ssd as USB
ok .begin from scratch and mount my ssd as media/usb after formating in ext4.
but same result..no usb selection botton under red..
will this work when we will fulfill 3 slots?as i install only one image.

biko

Should be fixed now (online update), sorry we tested it over and over and then forgot to commit the change to the build.
Great, Thanks for all team about what provide us -- now all is ok Vu+ Zero 4k
i will try to install on my ssd

b2.jpg

Would you pleas back driver (network-usb-mt7601) to the feed it's removed i don't know why !

b3.jpg

taree

problem solved with new usb.
its not working with my ssd and detecting it as hdd.
but with usb extra slots are created with red button.
its mean that with ssd this will not work.?
this is not good as ssd are so much faster compare to usb...any solution?

Liquid

Staff member
Administrator
Great, Thanks for all team about what provide us -- now all is ok Vu+ Zero 4k
i will try to install on my ssd

Would you pleas back driver (network-usb-mt7601) to the feed it's removed i don't know why !
The driver should be available on the feeds.

The file has been generated on the build server and is present in the Packages file... Please double check if is on the previous page... The list is quite long... Maybe you missed it

nunigaia

Staff member
Problema con la rete con Vu duo 4K Se, opzione wi fi nel menù inesustente

No issues here mate, just tested right now, appart from other beta tests i did!

Internal Wlan:

Nessun problema qui amico, appena testato in questo momento, a parte altri beta test che ho fatto!

WLAN interna:

1677259004422.png

1677259095125.png

1677259186009.png

best regards
nunigaia

Attachments

• 1677259153853.png
    1677259153853.png
    563 KB · Views: 10