OpenBh 5.3 image for the Qviart Dual 4K feedback.

kegnkiwi

Installed Openbh 5.3 this evening on the dual, the image installed quickly and the remote worked fine. The screen sizing menu works a little oddly. You can adjust the settings but the live image does not seem to alter until you alter the settings at the bottom which is screen height i believe. This then adjusts all the other settings. Telneted into the box with dcc and changed the password as openbh did not seem to work. Installed dreamsat panel via telnet and it install great. Installed linuxsat channel list with iptv and installed ncam 13.7. Both installed ok. Put my server line into ncam and channel worked fine on o.8w. Turned the dish to 19e and got tuner fail appear on screen but the channel appears on a free to air channel. Turning to an icam channel the screen clears quickly. Switching back to a free to air channel crashed the box. The box rebooted and it was up and running again. Switched back to 0.8w and channels did not, reboot the box and alls good. I then put the box into standby and waited for the blue light to go off. Works fine. Clock counting up hope it comes out of standby ok. All in all looks like a nice image.

kegnkiwi

Work perfect
I'm glad to see you like the image. I have had it in one of the slots since i posted this thread 21/7/2023. I have found a few bugs which mainly relate to using different skins. The image works great if i leave it kind of in lite mode with not many modifications done to the image.

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
I'm glad to see you like the image. I have had it in one of the slots since i posted this thread 21/7/2023. I have found a few bugs which mainly relate to using different skins. The image works great if i leave it kind of in lite mode with not many modifications done to the image.
Most 3rd party skins seem to be for OpenATV image, and don't work well with images from other teams.

If you have noticed bugs in the skins on our addon server then please let us know.

kegnkiwi

Most 3rd party skins seem to be for OpenATV image, and don't work well with images from other teams.

If you have noticed bugs in the skins on our addon server then please let us know.
Hi Evo,

The skin that i downloaded came from the online plugins menu, i cannot remember which skin it was but it really messed the image up. In fact it was that back that i reflashed over the top of the same image. Now i have kept the image lite and it running ok at the moment. One bug i have noticed is if you come out of icam channels back to say a alJazirra on 19e the box crashes. I also found that changing from 0.8w 19e its coming up with tuner fail and then not sid in pat. This is only for a few seconds and then when the satellite lands on the signal the channel clears.

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
The tuner issues are down to the drivers I think, it is a little slow to unlock the tuner.

Not alot we can do about that, but it should be pretty much the same in all images.

kegnkiwi

The tuner issues are down to the drivers I think, it is a little slow to unlock the tuner.

Not alot we can do about that, but it should be pretty much the same in all images.
To be fair i have not seen this on openatv or pure2. But do see it on openpli, cobraliberosat and openblack hole. I have noticed that atv use the flashing satellite dish icon that counts down the until the dish arrives at the satellite. I wonder if they have a higher count set somewhere before the tuner fail logo shows up on screen? I also found that the screen sizing (overscan) is hit or miss. I believe this is another driver issue but it does work on certain images.

All in all don't get me wrong its a good image and a very good effort from you guys. Thanks very much.

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
To be fair i have not seen this on openatv or pure2. But do see it on openpli, cobraliberosat and openblack hole. I have noticed that atv use the flashing satellite dish icon that counts down the until the dish arrives at the satellite. I wonder if they have a higher count set somewhere before the tuner fail logo shows up on screen? I also found that the screen sizing (overscan) is hit or miss. I believe this is another driver issue but it does work on certain images.

All in all don't get me wrong its a good image and a very good effort from you guys. Thanks very much.
In the settings menu, there is an option to hide the error message (Sid not in pat) etc etc.

Menu - setup - settings - Hide zap errors (change to yes)

In the same menu is the option to switch the dish ican between flashing - Not flashing and off.

But neither of these, will stop it crashing.

kegnkiwi

In the settings menu, there is an option to hide the error message (Sid not in pat) etc etc.

Menu - setup - settings - Hide zap errors (change to yes)

In the same menu is the option to switch the dish ican between flashing - Not flashing and off.

But neither of these, will stop it crashing.
Great thank you for the information.

If i get a crash on the box again, i will try and get a picture of what it's saying and let you see it. It might take a couple of days as i am at work then out this evening.

Thanks for the help. Hopefully eventually this box might be rock solid as it seems as fast as my solo 4k but that it a few years old now.

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Great thank you for the information.

If i get a crash on the box again, i will try and get a picture of what it's saying and let you see it. It might take a couple of days as i am at work then out this evening.

Thanks for the help. Hopefully eventually this box might be rock solid as it seems as fast as my solo 4k but that it a few years old now.
You should have a crashlog in /home/root/logs/

However I have just moved my dish from 0.8w to 19.2e, to 16e, to 13e and back to 0.8w without any crashes (even with no signal on 19.2, 16 or 13e).

I also tried going from 0.8w - 5w - 7w - 22w - 30w - 15w - 8w - 4w and back to 0.8w without any issues.

I did manage to force it to crash, but to do that, I had to disable the satellite from the tuner settings, and then tried to select a channel from that sat and when it did nothing, then try to zap to a different channel on that same sat, this then caused a crash.

kegnkiwi

Sorry i don't get the box to crash when turning the dish from satellite to satellite, i do get tuner fail or no sid in pat but once the tuner hits the satellite its fine. Where i can get it to fail i believe is if you come out of an icam channel on 19.2 and go to a non icam channels its seems to crash then.

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry i don't get the box to crash when turning the dish from satellite to satellite, i do get tuner fail or no sid in pat but once the tuner hits the satellite its fine. Where i can get it to fail i believe is if you come out of an icam channel on 19.2 and go to a non icam channels its seems to crash then.
Yes it's the same crash as mentioned above if I remove a tuner from the config.

It's because the tuner is not free (locked up by icam), so it can't tune the channel you have selected.

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Where i can get it to fail i believe is if you come out of an icam channel on 19.2 and go to a non icam channels its seems to crash then.
I think that issue has now been resolved.

If you do an online update it should be fixed.

kegnkiwi

I think that issue has now been resolved.

If you do an online update it should be fixed.
Just to let you know that i have a little time this morning before work and did the online update. Strange thing the box instantly seemed to go into standby with the clock showing but the blue light on the front still lit. It received remote commands as the led response light was flashing on the front of the box. It looked like it was doing nothing but then rebooted and sprang back into life. None of my normal channels were clearing and on checking my server line had disappeared and ncam was not selected. I re entered my deatails and rebooted the cam. Tuned to 19e to select icam channels and nothing was clearing. Ncam was running but no channel clearing. I tried enabling a few readers but still no good. Downloaded latest oscam from a named panel started the cam and entered my line. Restarted the cam and all channels working. Came out of the icam channels and it went straight back to the normal tv channel a ok. Good job problem fixed. :)

Reactions: Ev0

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Just to let you know that i have a little time this morning before work and did the online update. Strange thing the box instantly seemed to go into standby with the clock showing but the blue light on the front still lit. It received remote commands as the led response light was flashing on the front of the box. It looked like it was doing nothing but then rebooted and sprang back into life. None of my normal channels were clearing and on checking my server line had disappeared and ncam was not selected. I re entered my deatails and rebooted the cam. Tuned to 19e to select icam channels and nothing was clearing. Ncam was running but no channel clearing. I tried enabling a few readers but still no good. Downloaded latest oscam from a named panel started the cam and entered my line. Restarted the cam and all channels working. Came out of the icam channels and it went straight back to the normal tv channel a ok. Good job problem fixed. :)
No idea what was going on with standby or why your ncam suddenly stopped working. The update shouldn't have removed any of your files as they are not system files.

I have had problems with ncam in the past on another box, where it turned out to be running several times to the point that even when it was killed, it was still running even after a reboot and stopping card readers working (there is or was some bug in it somewhere, so i've not used it since).

But anyway good news that it's now working correctly for you with oscam.

kegnkiwi

@ Ev0

Any ideas what settings i would need to alter to stop a channel from zooming in and clipping the picture. On mtv 80's by provider mtvnetworks on 0.8 when i select the channel it changes to the channel then almost instantly changes to a picture format that expands to big for the screen. Please see the picture below. I have seen this before on other images but on other images swapping to another channel and back usually corrects the picture.

Attachments

• mtv clipping.png
    mtv clipping.png
    840.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
@ Ev0

Any ideas what settings i would need to alter to stop a channel from zooming in and clipping the picture. On mtv 80's by provider mtvnetworks on 0.8 when i select the channel it changes to the channel then almost instantly changes to a picture format that expands to big for the screen. Please see the picture below. I have seen this before on other images but on other images swapping to another channel and back usually corrects the picture.
Ok so that channel is broadcast in 4:3 by the looks of it.

Menu - Setup - Video & Audio - Settings: Display 4:3 content as - Set to Just scale.

Or for a quick change, Press and hold Green button, and then select 16:9 if you want it to fill the screen, or 16:9 letterbox if you want it to keep the original 4:3 output but within the size of the screen.

kegnkiwi

Ok so that channel is broadcast in 4:3 by the looks of it.

Press and hold Green button, and then select 16:9 if you want it to fill the screen, or 16:9 letterbox if you want it to keep the original 4:3 output but within the size of the screen.
I did have a play about with the settings in the video section but it did not seem to do much. I'll have a little more time tonight and I will also have a go at the update. This image is running sweet at the moment and has good ecm times.

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
I did have a play about with the settings in the video section but it did not seem to do much. I'll have a little more time tonight and I will also have a go at the update. This image is running sweet at the moment and has good ecm times.
The green button options are only quick settings for right now, they are not retained.

I edited the post above, with the fix that is saved.