Recordings deletion

zeberil

I verified with another installation of windows and it works, it must be this windows that has limitations as it's a lite version (LTSC). I will soon replace it.

@AlexWilMac , yes, I'm using the last version available and fully updated. It acts as I described.
Control Panel > Programs > Activate or Disable Windows Features > SMB File Sharing Support/CIFS

JeVZOFi.png

AlexWilMac

Staff member
1st step: selected 3 items by pressing ZERO.

2nd step: pressed RED to delete them. Notice that only the 3 items selected were deleted, not also the highlighted one ("Poliziotti fuori...").

Attachments

• Selezione1.jpg
    Selezione1.jpg
    359 KB · Views: 6
  • Selezione2-dopo.jpg
    Selezione2-dopo.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 6

B.D.

Control Panel > Programs > Activate or Disable Windows Features > SMB File Sharing Support/CIFS

JeVZOFi.png
I tried that, it took a while to download from Windows Update some modules and install them with a reboot but the situation hasn't changed.
Thanks anyway for the effort.

1st step: selected 3 items by pressing ZERO.

2nd step: pressed RED to delete them. Notice that only the 3 items selected were deleted, not also the highlighted one ("Poliziotti fuori...").
I don't know what to tell you, it doesn't happen to me, it's probably the skin that behaves differently, I don't know.
I have the "MX Maestra Black Weather" aboard and would like to continue using this.

Anyway guys, I repeat, let's go ahead and talk about this for the pleasure of doing it but, as I already said, to me it's enough to be able to delete all the files at once from the recycle bin.
Regarding explorer that does not access the decoder via the network, I decided to move to the other installation of Win10 that I kept there for emergency but which in the end is better than the one I used by default, plus it is on SSD.
I am missing a few programs and utilities there but a little at a time I'll restore them and restart from a clean OS.
Once I'm done I will replace the damaged one with a clean one and will keep that one for emergency so that I will always have a working OS readdy.

ps. by the way, I also have Win11 installed but I never used it yet :cool:

s8un3no

I always do the deleting via Windows Explorer, it's much easier.
It is also very handy for sending files from PC to box and viceversa, just drag and drop, no need even for FileZilla ;)

View attachment 3230
Stessa cosa ma da smartphone usando un gestore file che supporta i collegamenti tramite rete, per esempio "es gestione file", una volta collegato puoi fare qualsiasi cosa nel filesystem del decoder

translate
Same thing but from a smartphone using a file manager that supports connections via the network, for example "es file manager", once connected you can do anything in the decoder filesystem

B.D.

Stessa cosa ma da smartphone usando un gestore file che supporta i collegamenti tramite rete, per esempio "es gestione file", una volta collegato puoi fare qualsiasi cosa nel filesystem del decoder

translate
Same thing but from a smartphone using a file manager that supports connections via the network, for example "es file manager", once connected you can do anything in the decoder filesystem
True, wasn't thinking about it anymore. I did some operations myself from my mobile phone but with another file manager, X-plore. About ES Manager, that I was also using, I stopped using it when I read it contained malware, then again, if it's one of the usual hoaxes they put around I don't know.
These apps would be handy but taking into account that each recording has 6 files including video recording, subtitles, metatags etc ... it remains complicated when you have them all listed together and often without being able to read the entire file name due to the little space on the display reduced cell.
However, it remains an option.

Vero, non ci pensavo più ma alcune operazioni le ho fatte anch'io dal cellulare però con un altro gestore di files, X-plore, su ES Gestore che usavo anch'io ho smesso di utilizzarlo quando ho letto che conteneva del malware, poi se è una delle solite bufale che mettono in giro non lo so.
Sarebbero anche comode queste app ma tenendo conto che ogni registrazione comprende ben 6 file tra la registrazione video, i sottotitoli, metatags ecc... rimane complicato quando li hai tutti elencati e spesso senza poter leggere il nome del file a causa dello spazio sul display ridotto del cell.
Rimane comunque una opzione.

AlexWilMac

Staff member
I tried that, it took a while to download from Windows Update some modules and install them with a reboot but the situation hasn't changed.
Thanks anyway for the effort.

I don't know what to tell you, it doesn't happen to me, it's probably the skin that behaves differently, I don't know.
I have the "MX Maestra Black Weather" aboard and would like to continue using this.

:cool:
It works flawlessly also by your favourite skin.
Incidentally, deleting by FTP or external access needs you to select the multiple files associated to the main .ts.
By RED you press and it's done. ;)

Attachments

• Selezione1b.jpg
    Selezione1b.jpg
    745.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Selezione2b.jpg
    Selezione2b.jpg
    458.2 KB · Views: 8

nunigaia

Staff member
True, wasn't thinking about it anymore. I did some operations myself from my mobile phone but with another file manager, X-plore. About ES Manager, that I was also using, I stopped using it when I read it contained malware, then again, if it's one of the usual hoaxes they put around I don't know.
These apps would be handy but taking into account that each recording has 6 files including video recording, subtitles, metatags etc ... it remains complicated when you have them all listed together and often without being able to read the entire file name due to the little space on the display reduced cell.
However, it remains an option.

Vero, non ci pensavo più ma alcune operazioni le ho fatte anch'io dal cellulare però con un altro gestore di files, X-plore, su ES Gestore che usavo anch'io ho smesso di utilizzarlo quando ho letto che conteneva del malware, poi se è una delle solite bufale che mettono in giro non lo so.
Sarebbero anche comode queste app ma tenendo conto che ogni registrazione comprende ben 6 file tra la registrazione video, i sottotitoli, metatags ecc... rimane complicato quando li hai tutti elencati e spesso senza poter leggere il nome del file a causa dello spazio sul display ridotto del cell.
Rimane comunque una opzione.
Do you have any FTP tool installed on your PC to acess your STB?

If so:

WinSCP
FileZilla
Any other FTP tool you wish. ;)

Just go to:

/media/hdd or the trace root where you have the files to delete ... and select the ones you want to delete, then press delete on keyboard!

More:

WinScp is the ftp tool, you can upgrade it with Putty SSH, as also with Editor ( Notepad ++ and or Geany ).

best regards
nunigaia

B.D.

Do you have any FTP tool installed on your PC to acess your STB?

If so:

WinSCP
FileZilla
Any other FTP tool you wish. ;)

Just go to:

/media/hdd or the trace root where you have the files to delete ... and select the ones you want to delete, then press delete on keyboard!

More:

WinScp is the ftp tool, you can upgrade it with Putty SSH, as also with Editor ( Notepad ++ and or Geany ).

best regards
nunigaia
Thank you.
I find the suggestion to use those FTPs useful but by now I have found it easy to use the network through Explorer or from the mobile phone using X-plore or any other file managers.
However, FTP remains a valid alternative. Thank you.