Suggestions or proposals to improve OBH

exsat2

Inglese (US)

I tried it now, the function is well hidden ... without instructions I challenge anyone to understand how to activate it ... unfortunately, after saving with the green button, exiting and re-entering the menu returns as it was before the moves ... re-entering the menu and pressing blue key the enabled keys reappear at the bottom...if I press blue, reset order, the items return to my order...I go back with green key but when I re-enter the menu returns to its original layout... whether I set the UI menu in user-defined or user-hidden mode... is it possible that it doesn't keep the changes even though it has been saved?

I'm discussing with Alex the fact that it doesn't save my edits..

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
This is the international (English) section of the board, so please only use English here.
You have an Italian section to speak in Italian.

nunigaia

Staff member
Inglese (US)

I tried it now, the function is well hidden ... without instructions I challenge anyone to understand how to activate it ... unfortunately, after saving with the green button, exiting and re-entering the menu returns as it was before the moves ... re-entering the menu and pressing blue key the enabled keys reappear at the bottom...if I press blue, reset order, the items return to my order...I go back with green key but when I re-enter the menu returns to its original layout... whether I set the UI menu in user-defined or user-hidden mode... is it possible that it doesn't keep the changes even though it has been saved?

I'm discussing with Alex the fact that it doesn't save my edits..

Sorry but the secret, is the blue key, that is hidden to maintain it hide!
All is working as it should.

When I choose User defined hidden ... it hides the blue key .... but after you set it, you are able to hide SETUP or whatever you want, and, if needed by pressing the blue key you are also able to revert it!

I am using the default ( but user defined ), due to tests in order I can see the "blue" button is present, when it´s needed.

exsat2

use deeptranslator... the problem is not to access the menu to enable the changes, the problem is that it does not save the changes

exsat2

hidden or user-defined makes no difference...after changing the order of the items on the menu it doesn't save them...when I reopen the menu I always find it as if I hadn't made the changes

exsat2

I put links on other discussion where I have attached photos and explanations, unfortunately I do not know if you can 'attach a movie

Matrix10

Staff member
Administrator
I put links on other discussion where I have attached photos and explanations, unfortunately I do not know if you can 'attach a movie

This is not the case when I change positions
Then something is wrong with your image.
Reinstall the image.shot.jpg

exsat2

Sorry...always my fault
finally I succeeded, I tried to run menusort and partially succeeded in getting something, I forgot to delete the menusort plugin folder and its configuration file menusort.xml
now i've modified the various menus as i wanted to
thanks 1000 to all

scusate...sempre colpa mia
finalmente sono riuscito,avevo provato a far funzionare menusort riuscendo parzialmente ad ottenere qualcosa,mi ero dimenticato di eliminare la cartella del plugin menusort e il suo file di configurazione menusort.xml
ora ho modificato i vari menu' come volevo io
grazie 1000 a tutti

Last edited:

s8un3no

Quando si preme il tasto [OK] nella ricerca canali si apre una lista con i dati pertinenti alla voce selezionata. Per me il tasto ok dave dare il via alla scansione e non aprire una lista delle scelte. Vorrei che al tasto ok venisse ridata la funzione naturale e che la lista delle scelte venisse aperta dal tasto giallo (o blu), tasti colorati non utilizzati nella schermata della ricerca canali.
Grazie

Translate:
When you press the [OK] button in the channel search, a list opens with the data relevant to the selected item. For me, the ok button has to start the scan and not open a list of choices. I would like the ok button to be restored to its natural function and for the list of choices to be opened by the yellow (or blue) button, colored buttons not used in the channel search screen.
Thanks

Matrix10

Staff member
Administrator
I wouldn't agree with you.If you mean the Scan Menu ?
You will press the scan button (green) only once and start scan
and menu choices selection possible multiple times.
The OK button is closer to the menu navigation buttons and easier to select.

s8un3no

Parlo proprio del menu scansione, normalmente il tasto ok si preme quando tutti i parametri sono stati inseriti e da il via alla scansione, quello che fa il tasto verde. Spesso, negli altri menu, il tasto verde e il tasto ok si equivalgono, molte altre immagini si equivalgono creando quasi uno standard, io preferirei che ci sia similarità tra immagini. Quella della lista è una buona idea ma andrebbe su un tasto colorato, non sul tasto ok.
Ovviamente sono visioni personali, capisco che metterci d'accordo tutti e impossibile.

Translate:
I'm talking about the scan menu, normally the ok key is pressed when all the parameters have been entered and starts the scan, what the green key does. Often, in the other menus, the green button and the ok button are the same, many other images are the same creating almost a standard, I would prefer that there is similarity between images. The one on the list is a good idea but it would go on a colored key, not the ok key.
Obviously they are personal visions, I understand that it is impossible for us to all agree

AlexWilMac

Staff member
I agree: for years I've been using OK to start the scan and now, only because someone at ViX likes to play with useless changes (like they play with minimal changes in lines and this affects the translation) each time I instinctively press OK and I need to go back and press green.
Green, instead, is naturally associated to SAVE function, in many submenus.
The choice of frequencies (or other options) is totally unnatural by OK: there are specific fields you can browse to do that.

Last edited:

s8un3no

I agree: for years I've been using OK to start the scan and now, only because someone at ViX likes to play with useless changes (like they play with minimal changes in lines and this affects the translation) each time, I instinctively press OK and I need to go back and press green.
Green, instead, is naturally associated to SAVE function, in many submenus.
The choice of frequencies (or other option) is totally unnatural by OK: there are specific fields you can browse to do that.
La scelta da lista delle frequenze, dei tuner, per chi ne ha tanti :) , del fec è una buona cosa ma andrebbe su tasto colorato non da tasto ok.

translate:
The choice from the list of frequencies, of the tuners, for those who have many :), of the fec is a good thing but it would go on a colored button, not an ok button.

soloman

i have uno 4kse and blackhole 3.1.0
i can see the signal even without lock
ln the picture this frec lock at 28% but satfinder shows any signal even if its only 1% or 2%
that helps a lot when trying to tune a new satelitte
why openblackhole doesnot have that in sat finder menu
signal both SNR and AGC stayes at 0% and suddnly jump to 40% or 50%

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 7

Gold_66

I hope this thread is the right place to report this problem:
Personal backup does not remember diseqc 1.1 port settings, and it's quite a job to re-define them one by one when you have 20 sats in your system. ;)
It would be great if this can be fixed, as these backups are very useful after major upgrades like 5.0 to 5.1

B.D.

Personal backup does not remember diseqc 1.1 port settings, and it's quite a job to re-define them one by one when you have 20 sats in your system. ;)
It would be great if this can be fixed, as these backups are very useful after major upgrades like 5.0 to 5.1
There might be a config file you could backup and transfer to the new image. Ask which one and where it is.

AlexWilMac

Staff member
This is not possible: those settings are in the file... settings, as a matter of fact, and it's included (by default, if you haven't changed your personal backup customization of folders) in /etc/enigma2.
So, Personale Backup has always saved it.
Apart from that, it's always a good idea to manually backup the most important files.

Gold_66

This is not possible: those settings are in the file... settings, as a matter of fact, and it's included (by default, if you haven't changed your personal backup customization of folders) in /etc/enigma2.
So, Personale Backup has always saved it.
Apart from that, it's always a good idea to manually backup the most important files.
Yes, normally it should not be possible but it happens! :)
I just reproduced it to show you with pics, and that settings file is also attached, where everything looks normal including diseqc configuration.
Here's how tuner setup screen looks before upgrade, for 19.2E Astra as an example:

tuner_1.jpg

tuner_2.jpg

But after the upgrade with settings restored, I get a "Tuner failed" message, and this is what I see when I check tuner settings:

tuner_3.jpg

As you can see, it remembers correctly which lnb it is, but forgets the diseqc mode at all, for all satellites.
I don't know if this happens to all diseqc 1.1 users or is it just me, but I'd really appreciate if we can figure out what the problem is.

Attachments

• settings.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 2

s8un3no

Ho un impianto con diseqc 1.1 a 8 ingressi, ci sono collegati 2 motori, 2 lnb monoblocco, 3 e 4 gradi, e 4 lnb singoli. Ho installato obh 5.1 pulita su una nuova partizione flash, sf8008, e ho ripristinato da backup setting. I settaggi del tuner sono giusti e tutti i satelliti perfettamente visibili

translate

I have a system with 8-input diseqc 1.1, there are connected 2 motors, 2 monobloc lnbs, 3 and 4 degrees, and 4 single lnbs. I installed obh 5.1 clean on a new flash partition, sf8008, and restored from backup setting. The tuner settings are right and all satellites are perfectly visible

Gold_66

Update:
That settings file that I attached was extracted from backup, but the actual settings file at etc/enigma2 is different and lacks the diseqc info.
When I copy and paste the missing info with "init 4" and "init 3", I get back all the correct configuration and this is much easier than setting all 20 of them one by one, so the problem is partly solved.
But I'm still wondering why only the lnb info is being transferred during restore, and not the diseqc one..
Attached is the settings file with missing diseqc info, if anyone wants to take a look.

Attachments

• settings.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 2