Vu+ Real Multiboot Now Available

Liquid

Staff member
Administrator
Update on mipsel:
- vusolo2: kexec don't work with 3.13 kernel
- vusolo2: tried to boot a 5.19 kernel, flash not recognized
- vuzero: tried to boot a 5.19 kernel, flash not recognized, modified some stuff, flash now is recognized, but partitions not...

Notes: the 5.19 kernel couldn't be used for running enigma2 since we don't have vuplus driver for that release, but just to choose a slot.

Aliraza63

Update on mipsel:
- vuzero: tried to boot a 5.19 kernel, flash not recognized, modified some stuff, flash now is recognized, but partitions not...

Notes: the 5.19 kernel couldn't be used for running enigma2 since we don't have vuplus driver for that release, but just to choose a slot.
Whats about Duo2 ?

Aliraza63

I'm not sure I will have success with mipsel. I need to get kexec working. However it take a lot of effort
In simple words currently no hope .
Well I can understand as the mips old structure was not already multiboot friendly ever.
Once I had also discussed with BPanther at neutrino board . he was also not so much hopeful for this project .
Anyway thanks for your hard work.
Currently I am testing multiboot at my duo4k . fallowing the steps as mentioned at first page .
I dont see any major issue over it thats why I am not asking the same questions which are already replied and fixed.
Wish u all the best friend

Liquid

Staff member
Administrator
Update on mipsel:

after some experiment...i was able to see the partitions on 5.19 kernel but kexec doesn't support CFE and 3.13 kernel is too old to read an initrd appended by kexec
kexec-multiboot on mipsel is halted

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
new link:
LINK REMOVED BY ADMIN
all vu+
Not sure if you think you are being helpful or if you are trying to post your own project.

However this thread is here for those that wish to test our multiboot implementation before it is included within the images directly.

Your files do not help in any way shape or form with this therefore I have removed the links as they will only cause confusion with what we are trying to do here.

If your files are your own project, then feel free to start a new thread with a proper explanation of how to use it.

Liquid

Staff member
Administrator
new link:
LINK REMOVED BY ADMIN
all vu+
I give a look at your plugin.
We already implemented what you propose and is already included something more complete in our git. The code already install and let to choose slots on oe-alliance based image.
If you want to help us it would be helpful a plugin to allow switching between slots when booted a vuplus based image like vuplus, blackhole,vti.
I haven't time to follow that development.
The plugin should be integrated into the shoutdown menu and let the uses to just choose between slots available in / and propose the recovery.
After choosing it should copy from /Startup_n to /STARTUP or /STARTUP_ONCE For recovery.
If you wrote such plugin we might include it in the kexec multiboot itself

darog69

Hello, how are the progress with Multiboot, are there such problems that nothing is happening in the subject? ;)

twol

Vix Developer
VIP
Competition has emerged. ;)

>Link<
@darog69, you obviously have a huge ego to feed, in releasing a software change that is still in development(we were working still late last night) and also without reference to the guy(dpeddi) who developed the multiboot hosting facility for Vu systems over many years & integral to this development.
The development team has worked to produce a flexible and resilient Vu Multiboot that can host other images, with the knowledge that other open images may merge the code(that is why the base firmware is already added to the OE-A) and that other closed systems will use it to promote their wonderful images.
I hope that all the code changes you have added to your image reference the code originators in the source code, so that people know where the development came from.
Maybe next time think before promoting yourself.

darog69

After all, I am not the author of this kexec, nor did I make it public, I just found it on the web and notified here on the forum