Duo 4K - No wireless networks found

zeberil

I have the Duo 4K connected by network cable. I found reports that the connection is not used by wireless in OBH5.0.013... I really can not. I tried, manually, with the connection by network cable off and on, but nothing!

pzhPXab.png

Information is always: No Wireless Networks Found (in search) or this in manual configuration.

ZGN3pwP.png

Any idea?

AlexWilMac

Staff member
So, you enabled the wlan but it doesn't find any signal?
And have you ever used its wlan before 5.0.013
And, finally: is your 5.0.013 installed in flash or in OMB?

ZeljkoZep

The problem is known from before for Vu duo4K.
If OpenMultiboot is running, there is a conflict between the network adapter and USB (extFat4 / OMB).
On OBH 5.013 (flash only) it is possible to manually enter Wifi settings, and Wifi will work.
Of course, OMB must not be launched.

Croatian
Problem je poznat od ranije za Vu duo4K.
Ukoliko je pokrenut OpenMultiboot dolazi do nekog konflikta mrežnog adaptera i USB (extFat4/OMB).
Na OBH 5.013 (samo u flash) moguće je ručno unijeti Wifi postavke, te će Wifi raditi.
Naravno nesmije biti pokrenut OMB.

Attachments

• BH1.jpg
    BH1.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 19
  • OBM.jpg
    OBM.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 18

AlexWilMac

Staff member
As said, the problem may occur if the image is running from OMB: that's why I asked...
And it's an old issue.

zeberil

As said, the problem may occur if the image is running from OMB: that's why I asked...
And it's an old issue.

In my situation the image is in Flash... from what I realized with what @ZeljkoZep wrote, this happens if we have other images in OMB that is also my situation. This is it?

AlexWilMac

Staff member
Then is strange. Have you
1) tried to add it manually (without relying on the wifi scan)?
2) Tried to change the Router's SSID, avoiding special characters?

zeberil

Yes, I tried.

It's simple SSID... but where are all the others who enter in the house coming from the neighbors? Simply does not appear.

ZeljkoZep

Then is strange. Have you
1) tried to add it manually (without relying on the wifi scan)?
2) Tried to change the Router's SSID, avoiding special characters?

Hi Alex,
If there is no network adapter, then it is not possible to search for anything.
This is the basic problem: There is no network adapter if OMB is running.

ZeljkoZep

The image is in Flash. I never use other way.

Try "Hard Reset" on BH menu, or if your OBH is in the flash, press 10+ sec Power STB until it resets.
After that, the WIFI network adapter should appear, and it is possible to search the network or enter the settings manually through the Wizard.

zeberil

Hi Alex,
If there is no network adapter, then it is not possible to search for anything.
This is the basic problem: There is no network adapter if OMB is running.

What do you mean by having OMB running? Have a pen with several images? If so, just disconnect the pen?

Remove the plugin temporarily to test? In my case or Reboot the network adapter works.

ZeljkoZep

The image is in Flash. I never use other way.
What do you mean by having OMB running? Have a pen with several images? If so, just disconnect the pen?

Remove the plugin temporarily to test? In my case or Reboot the network adapter works.

Yes, it can be that way.
However, if any image is run via OMB, there is no more network adapter in the flash image either.
Then you need to disconnect USB (OMB), or turn off OMB preferences and Hard Reset in the flash image

Seagen

If I am correct this problem would be solved if you invest in an usb hub.
I assume that even if there are multiple usb ports they only share the same 2 buses
And if the Wifi networkcard also share the same bus. Then this issue would appear.

With an usb hub you stil have only 2 physical buses but the hub can split them proper.
So install OMB in the usb stick connected to the usb hub and all should in teory work proper
Also any other usb devices should be connected to the usb hub. Leaving one bus free for the Wifi card
But in the end this must be an driver issue. I assume that the Duo4K has an built in Wifi network