Duo 4K - No wireless networks found

zeberil

To use Vu+ 300N Wireless LAN USB Adapter:

BsLwuTJ.png

iKngqQq.png

fvceRtb.png

tJ9vCZr.png

It seems that the internal adapter is simply not recognized...

Let's wait for the next OBH version this is corrected. Until then, use an external adapter or a power line.

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
It is a question, I don't have Duo4K connected atm so not easy for me to test myself.

Tv only has 4 hdmi ports, I only have 16 spare feeds (16 are used by the Ultimo4K, which only leaves 16 free on my Unicable II lnb for the rest of the boxes) from the dish and I have 26 E2 boxes, so can't keep everything connected all the time.

zeberil

If you have a Duo 4K you can test without the antenna connection... the antenna/cable connection is not required to test the box wireless, just ask for "borrowed" an HDMI entry to the TV. If you are successful in the test, you restart/reboot to the box to see if you maintain the connection.

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
My point was, my box is not connected and it's not a quick process for me to connect it to test.

Your box is being used, so put another Py3 image on it and see if wifi works then we know if it's an obh issue or not.

zeberil

@rcc_pt writes that works in BH (in flash). Already in previous versions of OBH it was difficult to work. If I test will always be using OMB... What official images in PY3?

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
@rcc_pt writes that works in BH (in flash). Already in previous versions of OBH it was difficult to work. If I test will always be using OMB... What official images in PY3?
Openbh 5.0, OpenVix 6.0 and 6.1, OpenAtv 7.0 and 7.1

ZeljkoZep

My point was, my box is not connected and it's not a quick process for me to connect it to test.

Your box is being used, so put another Py3 image on it and see if wifi works then we know if it's an obh issue or not.

Hi Evo
I think the problem is to the Broadcom chipset and to the integrated network adapter (conflict of BUS ports and OpenMultiboot plugin).
BH 3.1. and OBH 5.0 in flash, the network adapter is recognized and it is possible to establish a wifi connection. I haven't tried other images in flash.
If any OMB image is started, and then switched to flash via OMB, then the network adapter is not recognized in the flash image either.
The network adapter is not recognized in any image launched via OMB, then it is not possible to establish a Wifi connection.
By the way, I also have two HDDs, so I tested without them and got the same errors.
Matrix (vuplus-community-OBH 4.3 crashing when in open multiboot) has previously written about this problem.

Reactions: Ev0

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
I have now connected up my Duo4K and can confirm with OpenBh 4.4 in flash, Wi-fi did not work, also did not work with OpenBh 5.0 in omb.
Both images show unknown wireless interface.

Reflashed and booted with no usb sticks connected and wi-fi working.

Mounted usb stick and rebooted, now it shows unknown wireless interface.

So we have now ruled out it being a python issue (2 or 3).

Next I reflashed (image manager) with ATV 7.1 leaving the usb stick connected.

Set the image up, and there is no option to setup wi-fi.

Removed the usb stick and rebooted, then the wi-fi option is available and working.

Reflashed to OpenBh 5 and it's the same, wi-fi works if no usb is connected, doesn't work after connecting a usb.

I tried @Seagen's suggestion of using a usb hub, it did work twice, but then stopped working again.

It's not an Obh issue, and it's mentioned above that the same thing happens when BH is in flash, rules it out being an OE-A issue.

Therefore it's a driver issue or chipset issue, but as Vu+ have done nothing at all in the last 10+ months, I wouldn't hold your breath expecting a fix anytime soon (hopefully i'm wrong, but I seriously doubt it).

ZeljkoZep

I have now connected up my Duo4K and can confirm with OpenBh 4.4 in flash, Wi-fi did not work, also did not work with OpenBh 5.0 in omb.

Therefore it's a driver issue or chipset issue, but as Vu+ have done nothing at all in the last 10+ months, I wouldn't hold your breath expecting a fix anytime soon (hopefully i'm wrong, but I seriously doubt it).

I recognized that when you announced OBH 5.
I am so lucky to buy 3 times STB whose manufacturers are dying out.
As long as it lasts, there is no more support and repair.

rcc_pt

I don't have any external wireless pen connected.
I'm using BH 3.1.0.I only in the flash and never had any problems with the internal wireless.
I will only use OBH when the wireless problem is resolved.

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
I don't have any external wireless pen connected.
I'm using BH 3.1.0.I only in the flash and never had any problems with the internal wireless.
I will only use OBH when the wireless problem is resolved.
He didn't ask you if you were using a usb wireless pen, he asked if you are using a usb pen (usb stick), to store picons, epg etc on.

As for "I will only use OBH when the wireless problem is resolved", there is nothing to resolve it is not an image issue, it's a hardware / driver issue so nothing we can do.

rcc_pt

Hi, I don't use any usb pen (usb stick), I use an internal 500Gb hard disk.
So if it's a hardware/driver issue, can we expect a solution?
Regards