OpenBH 4.1 Vu+ Solo4K

H

hadiskamal

hi masters
is the solo 4k able to play 4:2:2 videos?
i mean could it play and run 4:2:2 format videos of satellite frequencies?
what about ultimo 4k? or is there any other box that could play and run this kind of videos?

A

Alexwilmac

If you tell us which channels broadcast in this format, I'll tell you. I can check only 13°E, 19,2°E and some 28,2°E, though.

H

hadiskamal

Alexwilmac hello

if you could check eutelsat w3 at 7 E or a satellite called eutelsat10A at 10 degrees E
these two satellites are always full of 4:2:2 frequencies.

G

Gold_66

these two satellites are always full of 4:2:2 frequencies
As far as I know, those are feed broadcasts and can only be decoded by a few specific devices or TV cards.
Besides, you need quite a large dish to receive them.

H

hadiskamal

As far as I know, those are feed broadcasts and can only be decoded by a few specific devices or TV cards.
Besides, you need quite a large dish to receive them.
yes i've got the large dish and i get them but i can not watch these high quality channels and there is only the sound(voice) of the channel. i use obh4.1 image. and i have bought one of the best hdmi2.1 cables named belkin.and my tv is a SONY 65X93E and of course it supports 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 highest quality formats.the only one issue is that if this solo 4k box or maybe this image could handle it?

M

Mick12334

4:2:2 was only available on one receiver, as far as I can remember, the AZBox, due to the cost of using the codec.
However you can view the feeds, via your PC, using the options in VLC player.

H

hadiskamal

4:2:2 was only available on one receiver, as far as I can remember, the AZBox, due to the cost of using the codec.
However you can view the feeds, via your PC, using the options in VLC player.
thanks yes i can watch 4:2:2 feeds by streaming on computer but i wanna watch it easily on the tv without streaming.

H

hadiskamal

I believe solo 4k could play 4:2:2 videos because it has got the arm cpu with dual high speed core and 4gb of ram and 2gb of flash the problem could be of the codec.i think the integrated player of the OBH 4.1 player is just using the hardware acceleration and if it have the right codec pack and use the software codecs it can easily play this kind of videos.

E

Ev0

As far as I am aware, the Broadcom chips used in Vu+ boxes do not support 4:2:2

H

hadiskamal

DEAR DEVELOPERS especially EV0 i know you are capable integrating this patch to the inage.cause this is the best image i've ever used on my solo 4k box and of course in the A/V SETTINGS MENU of this sophisticated genius image there is a mode for 4:2:2 with 12 bit color.
thanks to you and other developers co-operating to maximizing useful and applicable aspects of the great rival IMAGE.

E

Ev0

DEAR DEVELOPERS especially EV0 i know you are capable integrating this patch to the inage.cause this is the best image i've ever used on my solo 4k box and of course in the A/V SETTINGS MENU of this sophisticated genius image there is a mode for 4:2:2 with 12 bit color.
thanks to you and other developers co-operating to maximizing useful and applicable aspects of the great rival IMAGE.
4:2:2 colour is not the same as a 4:2:2 broadcast

H

hadiskamal

4:2:2 colour is not the same as a 4:2:2 broadcast
DEAR EV0 hello and thanks for rhe reply.i apologize for the asking too much but what about an external player plugin that has got the eight codec pack and could handle this broadcasts by software acceleration rather than hardware ?

E

Ev0

DEAR EV0 hello and thanks for rhe reply.i apologize for the asking too much but what about an external player plugin that has got the eight codec pack and could handle this broadcasts by software acceleration rather than hardware ?
The hardware (broadcom chipset) does not support 4:2:2

Therefore it doesn't matter what you do with software, the hardware does not support it, so you get no picture.

H

hadiskamal

i could remember in one of the latest updates of the obh 4.1 image description(notes) mentiond something about this kind of broadcasting or video format.

V

vipe

I have version 1.0.039 installed is it so that I have to install via USB stick to get OpenBH 4.1?

M

Mick12334

Any new image requires a re-flash, so to install Open Black Hole 4.1, onto your USB stick, and install as normal, don't use any backups, during installation.
If you haven't already I advise you make a channel/bouquets backup, using dreamboxedit, or dreamset, to replace after installation.