OpenBh 5.2 is now Available

PaaNooS

Yeaaaah !!! At last I can see my VU+ on network thanks to you Fagmixy
So let's go to next question.
Cannot find Power setup. With BH I could set a time interval to go from standby to deep standby. How can I do this with OBH ?

fagmixy

Ouais !!! Je peux enfin voir mon VU+ sur le réseau grâce à toi Fagmixy
Passons donc à la question suivante.
Impossible de trouver la configuration de l'alimentation. Avec BH, je pouvais définir un intervalle de temps pour passer de la veille à la veille profonde. Comment puis-je faire cela avec OBH ?
Menu + setup + storage

Matrix10

Staff member
Administrator
No. This setting puts only hard disk to standby after some time period.
I'm searching about setup to put the whole machine from standby to deep standby. On BH this setting was at menu+setup+power setup
Isn't it in Main Menu >>Timers>>Power Timers
green button add timer you need

I haven't tested/don't use it

PaaNooS

Isn't it in Main Menu >>Timers>>Power Timers
green button add timer you need

I haven't tested/don't use it
You're right. That's what I looking for. Thank you very much.
Now a new question
Can I install Google Chrome ? If not how can navigate into Chromium OS ? Do I need a bluetooth mouse ?

Matrix10

Staff member
Administrator
You're right. That's what I looking for. Thank you very much.
Now a new question
Can I install Google Chrome ? If not how can navigate into Chromium OS ? Do I need a bluetooth mouse ?
I really don't know because I don't use Google Chrome.

iet5

Hi
I am facing pb when I am trying to install OpenBH 5.2.003 on External USB, it takes long time in installation process. But it completed successfully.

The receiver boot without any pb , but it freeze on stating Enigma 2 screen and nothing happen for long time.

My receiver : VUPLUS duo 4kse

Internal image : openpli 8.2

MULTBOOT : NEOOBBOT 9.65

BR

I started with OBH 5.2 last week coming from BH. One problem after installation was access to the box via Samba1 I was used to.
After Samba installation via Network/Utilities/Samba I found the configuration directory in /etc/samba.

I started to experiment with different options there without knowing it's not working under impression it's there for a reason and all it needs is a proper configuration. After many hours of testing I have finally found a working configuration for my W7 and W10 PCs. :)
I am sharing the config file /etc/samba/smb-user.conf which should resist changes if samba is upgraded in the future.
No other changes are needed, most important is the content of section [global]. Please be careful because all access uses root.

Attachments

• smb-user.zip
    746 bytes · Views: 20

PaaNooS

I started with OBH 5.2 last week coming from BH. One problem after installation was access to the box via Samba1 I was used to.
After Samba installation via Network/Utilities/Samba I found the configuration directory in /etc/samba.

I started to experiment with different options there without knowing it's not working under impression it's there for a reason and all it needs is a proper configuration. After many hours of testing I have finally found a working configuration for my W7 and W10 PCs. :)
I am sharing the config file /etc/samba/smb-user.conf which should resist changes if samba is upgraded in the future.
No other changes are needed, most important is the content of section [global]. Please be careful because all access uses root.
Thank you blakie333 for your post.
So what's next step ? Just copy and replace existing smb-user.conf file to /etc/samba and reboot VU+ ? That's all ?

Vuplus4k

Hi
I am facing pb when I am trying to install OpenBH 5.2.003 on External USB, it takes long time in installation process. But it completed successfully.

The receiver boot without any pb , but it freeze on stating Enigma 2 screen and nothing happen for long time.

My receiver : VUPLUS duo 4kse

Internal image : openpli 8.2

MULTBOOT : NEOOBBOT 9.65

BR
I think skin scrash

Make it defult skin then try reboot

Regarding

Thank you blakie333 for your post.
So what's next step ? Just copy and replace existing smb-user.conf file to /etc/samba and reboot VU+ ? That's all ?
Yes, exactly. You can make a backup of smb-user.conf if you wish but not needed.
Should work after a reboot

Last edited:

alusta

I'm using solo2. I upgraded OpenBH 5.1 software to 5.2. But the blue button gives an error. The device restarts. No function can be assigned to the blue button.
It gives the same error after reinstalling the 5.2 software.