OpenBh 5.2 is now Available

Aliraza63

I'm using solo2. I upgraded OpenBH 5.1 software to 5.2. But the blue button gives an error. The device restarts. No function can be assigned to the blue button.
It gives the same error after reinstalling the 5.2 software.
When the matter is migrating from one to another version than fresh install is always better option .
another best tip is avoid to overwrite the backup setting also.

valery84

From 5.2.002 to 5.2.003 there was some updates to multiboot. I have updated the image in slot 1 . Do I need to update the recovery image too, to get the multiboot update?

SuperGlud

OpenBH 5.2
Vu+ Duo4kse
Somehow there is a slight delay when using the remote-control when navigating in the menu and channellist.
And when "holding down" the arrow-up/down the cursor is not running, instead the input is stacked and the cursor is moving in "big jumps".

Best regards
After reboot the RC navigation is ok.
But after a while if get's slower and slower.
Best regards

nunigaia

Staff member
After reboot the RC navigation is ok.
But after a while if get's slower and slower.
Best regards

Do you have LCD4Linux installed? ( It seems there´s an issue on it ) ...
If so remove it for now, and reboot your STB.

I have open an issue at OE-A git, reporting it!

After removing it, and just let the default FRONT display ... the box will work normally!

best regards
nunigaia

NotLikeSomeone

If you wish to then it isn't a problem, but you don't "need" to.
This is interesting, actually: in order to keep the recovery image updated, we could every now and then launch it and update it online, right? Otherwise, a reflash would "destroy" all the slots?...

PaaNooS

Yes, exactly. You can make a backup of smb-user.conf if you wish but not needed.
Should work after a reboot
Just for reference.
I had to install obh 4.4 with working samba "after copy past the folder etc/smb from obh 4.3 to obh 4.4" (thanks to Fagmixy). Everything worked fine so I took an image backup and a settings backup. After that installed obh 5.2. During first boot system found and asked for image and settings restore. About 10 minutes later system reboot to 5.2 with samba working and with all my settings enabled

Just for reference.
I had to install obh 4.4 with working samba "after copy past the folder etc/smb from obh 4.3 to obh 4.4" (thanks to Fagmixy). Everything worked fine so I took an image backup and a settings backup. After that installed obh 5.2. During first boot system found and asked for image and settings restore. About 10 minutes later system reboot to 5.2 with samba working and with all my settings enabled
My config file smb-user.conf was created from scratch for the Samba version in OBH 5.2 (rescue image too) without need to restore old settings.
It's also working for OpenATV 7.2 and probably other images containing the new samba server.

PaaNooS

My config file smb-user.conf was created from scratch for the Samba version in OBH 5.2 (rescue image too) without need to restore old settings.
It's also working for OpenATV 7.2 and probably other images containing the new samba server.
Yes I know that. But I had installed OBH 4.4 before see your post. That's why followed these steps
Thanks again for Samba file

Neuling-vu

Hello
I installed version openbh-5.2.005.release-vuuno4kse-3ec6ee96_usb.zip.
There is a Problem when I change to an other skin. Doesn't natter which one, tested 3 different.

- After restart Enigma the new skin seems toworks, but when I go to OpenBH Settings - Device Manager there is no funktion, screen emty when exit I'm back in OpenBH Settings.
- when I want change back to MX Xlim-Line NP the Box crashed.
- when I reboot Box same Problems.
- Test with OMB-Installation: changing Image makes a crash also

Deleting skin with e2remote while running (not a nice way :) ) enigma starts new and everything is ok.
Here 2 logfiles

Greetings

Joerg

Attachments

• craashlogs.zip
    20.2 KB · Views: 2

nunigaia

Staff member
Hello
I installed version openbh-5.2.005.release-vuuno4kse-3ec6ee96_usb.zip.
There is a Problem when I change to an other skin. Doesn't natter which one, tested 3 different.

- After restart Enigma the new skin seems toworks, but when I go to OpenBH Settings - Device Manager there is no funktion, screen emty when exit I'm back in OpenBH Settings.
- when I want change back to MX Xlim-Line NP the Box crashed.
- when I reboot Box same Problems.
- Test with OMB-Installation: changing Image makes a crash also

Deleting skin with e2remote while running (not a nice way :) ) enigma starts new and everything is ok.
Here 2 logfiles

Greetings

Joerg
From your Crashlog, I can see that:

You are using a very old and outdated skin, named "Army_MoodBlue".

Remove that skin from your STB and use the default skin, aka "MX SlimLine NP" and you shouldn´t have crash´s".

best regards
nunigaia