Vu+ Real Multiboot Now Available

Aliraza63

Started few tests doesn't mean that I have something working .
Vusolo2 status:
-Kernel build with Kexec support, flashed..
-Rebooted box... Soft bricked.
-Rebuilt and reflashed more and more time the ramdisk... Kexec doesn't like the missing of device tree on these boxes doesn't start
-patched kexec, rebuilt the kernel flashed, Kexec doesn't load the initrd.
-rebuilt a more recent kernel... It boots but doesn't see the rootfs..
... If you want I can share just a something's that don't work yet :)
No no I trust you and respect your value able efforts .

Liquid

Staff member
Administrator
A bit too short time to edit posts and I have no choice but to write a post after a post I attach the logs from the start of enigma2

log enigma2
it seems that ofgwrite failed, then it left mount the /newroot file system... however the posted log doesn't have the error in ofgwrite.

you should do a box reboot, then
init 2
enigma2
and after that start flashing..

djuro1

Vu duo 4k se
I installed three images on the ssd disk and everything works fine, the only problem is that the Multi Boot Image Selector only sees three from the flash

Attachments

• screenshot_20230130180013.jpg
    screenshot_20230130180013.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 51
  • screenshot_20230130180122.jpg
    screenshot_20230130180122.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 50

darog69

I already have everything uploaded from scratch, installed the image to startup 1,2,3, this time I don't have a pendrive, only an SSD and on it I created another startup 4,5,6...... with entries:
kernel=/linuxrootfs4/zImage root=/dev/sda1 rootsubdir=linuxrootfs4
kernel=/linuxrootfs5/zImage root=/dev/sda1 rootsubdir=linuxrootfs5
kernel=/linuxrootfs6/zImage root=/dev/sda1 rootsubdir=linuxrootfs6
e.t.c. and an empty STARTUP And while additional STARTUPs created on usb were visible, those on SSD are not available.

Attachments

• SSD.png
    SSD.png
    72.1 KB · Views: 27

djuro1

@djuro1
Are you sure you have these 3 images on the SSD because I think it's flash? Show a screenshot of /hdd
Of course I'm sure, I wouldn't write if I wasn't sure, there are openatv, BH and openpli on the ssd disk

Attachments

• screenshot_20230130185210.jpg
    screenshot_20230130185210.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 28

djuro1

So how did you indicate the SSD slot for installation if you can't see them?
So how did you indicate the SSD slot for installation if you can't see them?
I see installation slots 4, 5 and 6, but when I install image in slot 4, 5 and 6 there is no image name.

Attachments

• screenshot_20230130191224.jpg
    screenshot_20230130191224.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 23

darog69

Unfortunately, I don't see those slots
It is a pity that there is no more precise installation instructions and you have to bother

darog69

I noticed that after restarting, the last uploaded image, i.e. STARTUP_3, starts and even after returning to Recovery, there is an entry in the STARTUP file
kernel=/linuxrootfs3/zImage root=/dev/mmcblk0p4 rootsubdir=linuxrootfs3

After editing on

kernel=/linuxrootfs0/zImage root=/dev/mmcblk0p4 rootsubdir=linuxrootfs0

And restarting the tuner does not get up anymore

Last edited:

djuro1

Vu solo 4k
Installed 3 images on usb and 3 in flash, open black hole and openvix images in Multi Boot Image Selector show only three from flash, while opeatv 7.2, 6.4 and egami show all 6 images

Attachments

• openatv 7.2.jpg
    openatv 7.2.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 35
  • open bh.jpg
    open bh.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 35

darog69

Why do you have OpenBh 5.1 in startup_1 if it is in Recovery? I don't know why I can't see STARTUP on SSD, I have no ideas how you can put your STARTUP files from SSD here, I'll compare them with mine

djuro1

Why do you have OpenBh 5.1 in startup_1 if it is in Recovery? I don't know why I can't see STARTUP on SSD, I have no ideas how you can put your STARTUP files from SSD here, I'll compare them with mine
I have clean OpenBh 5.1 installed in Recovery without any settings. I installed in fles OpenBh 5.1, after installing the image I installed kexec-multiboot-v0.2.4. When I installed everything, I inserted the ssd disk and did Initialization and restarted the receiver.

darog69

Well, I have identical entries, except that I had an SSD connected during the installation of OpenBh 5.1 and it was initialized earlier, it has an ext4 format
Eh, still uphill, I think I'll skip the tests, because I'll be nervous

djuro1

Well, I have identical entries, except that I had an SSD connected during the installation of OpenBh 5.1 and it was initialized earlier, it has an ext4 format
Eh, still uphill, I think I'll skip the tests, because I'll be nervous
Maybe the problem is the ssd disc, I failed to install solo 4k on the second ssd, but I succeeded on the usb. And on the ssd disc in the duo 4k se, I was able to install everything right away. It doesn't matter when you do the disk format yourself, it's important that you do the format yourself