Vu+ Real Multiboot Now Available

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Hello, I have prepared a STARTUP_4 file on the USB with the entry you provided, but I do not have the option to indicate STARTUP_4 when trying to install
The flash drive has a Label / USB, maybe this is a problem? Can change to: kernel=/zImage root=/dev/usb rootsubdir=linuxrootfs4
Code:
kernel=/linuxrootfs4/zImage root=/dev/sdb1 rootsubdir=linuxrootfs4

darog69

Unfortunately, this entry also does not give the option to install on usb

Attachments

• MB.png
    MB.png
    138.5 KB · Views: 28

djuro1

Helo
I installed openbh-5.1.012 in flash and did only the basic settings, then I installed kexec-multiboot, the receiver restarts and I insert the usb with the backup image and start installing the backup image in partition 1, after that Enigma crashes, I tried several clean images but the same thing happens, receiver vu duo 4k se and solo 4k. However, on solo 4k, the first version of kexec-multiboot works without problems. Where am I going wrong with this new version of kexec-multiboot

Attachments

• Enigma2_crash_2023-01-28_13-05-55.rar
    12 KB · Views: 6
  • screenshot_20230128123837.jpg
    screenshot_20230128123837.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Helo
I installed openbh-5.1.012 in flash and did only the basic settings, then I installed kexec-multiboot, the receiver restarts and I insert the usb with the backup image and start installing the backup image in partition 1, after that Enigma crashes, I tried several clean images but the same thing happens, receiver vu duo 4k se and solo 4k. However, on solo 4k, the first version of kexec-multiboot works without problems. Where am I going wrong with this new version of kexec-multiboot
The same problem with vu duo 4k instead I solved the problem by first installing kexec-multiboot-duo4k-v0.2.2.zip reboot and then I installed kexec-multiboot-duo4k-v0.2.3.zip and it no longer crashes enigma2

Liquid

Staff member
Administrator
Unfortunately, this entry also does not give the option to install on usb
Digit the command
mount
And paste the output.
Maybe you usb device is not mounted or recognized as another device (es /dev/sdb1 or /dev/sdc1)

Liquid

Staff member
Administrator
Helo
It seems the installer replaced the obh plugin file, while the backup replaced an old version of SystemInfo.py file in /usr/lib/enigma2/Components.
I don't know why it happen, but it should explain that reinstalling kexec-multiboot fixed... Because it restore some python files needed

darog69

@Liquid
The flash drive was mounted because I have picon and config on it and camd for oscam and everything else worked I gave up for now, I guess I'll wait for the final version :(

Liquid

Staff member
Administrator
@Liquid
The flash drive was mounted because I have picon and config on it and camd for oscam and everything else worked I gave up for now, I guess I'll wait for the final version :(
The device name in the startup match the one you have in the mount output? You have the kexec multiboot 0.2.3? You are installing into the usb from the recovery?

darog69

Yes, I installed from STARTUP_0, i.e. OBH 5.1,
I had kexec multiboot 0.2.3 installed On the usb I created a STARTUP_4 file with the content:

Flash drive with ext4 system

djuro1

The same problem with vu duo 4k instead I solved the problem by first installing kexec-multiboot-duo4k-v0.2.2.zip reboot and then I installed kexec-multiboot-duo4k-v0.2.3.zip and it no longer crashes enigma2
I also did that on solo 4k, did I have the old version, but for duo 4k there is no old version

Liquid

Staff member
Administrator
Yes, I installed from STARTUP_0, i.e. OBH 5.1,
I had kexec multiboot 0.2.3 installed On the usb I created a STARTUP_4 file with the content:

Flash drive with ext4 system
Digit
Code:
mount
And paste the output

Aaaaahhhh
The startup_4 must be at the same level of other startup files... Not on usb

darog69

Maybe I'll try again, but I have to do everything all over again because I've already uploaded my backup

darog69

As I have dealt with the slots, now I have a crashlog when installing the image to STARTUP_1

Welcome to openbh for vuultimo4k openbh 5.1 vuultimo4k vuultimo4k login: root Password: clear root@vuultimo4k: clear [H[Jroot@vuultimo4k: m o u n t rootfs on / type rootfs (rw) /dev/mmcblk0p4 on / type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered) tmpfs on /var/volatile type tmpfs (rw,relatime) sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime) proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime) tmpfs on /sys/firmware type tmpfs (rw,relatime) tmpfs on /proc/cmdline type tmpfs (rw,relatime) /dev/mmcblk0p4 on /boot type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered) devtmpfs on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,relatime,size=800752k,nr_inodes=85500,mode=755) tmpfs on /media type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=64k) /dev/sda1 on /media/hdd type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered) /dev/sdb1 on /media/usb type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered) debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,relatime) devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,gid=5,mode=620) fusectl on /sys/fs/fuse/connections type fusectl (rw,relatime) /etc/auto.network on /media/autofs type autofs (rw,relatime,fd=6,pgrp=2133,timeout=5,minproto=5,maxproto=5,indirect) root@vuultimo4k

I can't use a spoiler or insert a crashlog file, so I'm providing a link

Crashlog

Attachments

• sloty.jpg
    sloty.jpg
    352.4 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

nunigaia

Staff member
As I have dealt with the slots, now I have a crashlog when installing the image to STARTUP_1

Welcome to openbh for vuultimo4k openbh 5.1 vuultimo4k vuultimo4k login: root Password: clear root@vuultimo4k: clear [H[Jroot@vuultimo4k: m o u n t rootfs on / type rootfs (rw) /dev/mmcblk0p4 on / type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered) tmpfs on /var/volatile type tmpfs (rw,relatime) sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime) proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime) tmpfs on /sys/firmware type tmpfs (rw,relatime) tmpfs on /proc/cmdline type tmpfs (rw,relatime) /dev/mmcblk0p4 on /boot type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered) devtmpfs on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,relatime,size=800752k,nr_inodes=85500,mode=755) tmpfs on /media type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=64k) /dev/sda1 on /media/hdd type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered) /dev/sdb1 on /media/usb type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered) debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,relatime) devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,gid=5,mode=620) fusectl on /sys/fs/fuse/connections type fusectl (rw,relatime) /etc/auto.network on /media/autofs type autofs (rw,relatime,fd=6,pgrp=2133,timeout=5,minproto=5,maxproto=5,indirect) root@vuultimo4k

Crashlog
You have to flash the slot from Recovery Image!

So:

1) boot to recovery image

2) Flash the slot from OpenBh 5.1.012 ( recovery image )

darog69

After all, I don't have any image in startup 1,2,3 yet....... so how can i install from eg startup_2?
It's not on my nerves. :mad:

Liquid

Staff member
Administrator

Crashlog
Ok I can see that now you have the extra slot.
About the crash, It seems that the System info.py files havent been updated correctly. Will check.
It seems that it doesn't read the following change: https://github.com/BlackHole/enigma2/commit/8a3ae673dc835b981501c8af09e0adabc99ba7a0
Will check later or tomorrow

darog69

I don't see in /Converter at all SystemInfo.py or SystemInfo.pyc

Edit: Sorry, it's in /Components

Last edited: