Vu+ Real Multiboot Now Available

Liquid

Staff member
Administrator
I noticed that after restarting, the last uploaded image, i.e. STARTUP_3, starts and even after returning to Recovery, there is an entry in the STARTUP file
kernel=/linuxrootfs3/zImage root=/dev/mmcblk0p4 rootsubdir=linuxrootfs3

After editing on

kernel=/linuxrootfs0/zImage root=/dev/mmcblk0p4 rootsubdir=linuxrootfs0

And restarting the tuner does not get up anymore
The slot0 is special and have kernel=zImage (without the slot directory)

darog69

Yes, I know, I noticed, but I had to reinstall everything
But I still don't understand why I can't see my SSD slots

Liquid

Staff member
Administrator
Just flashing the stock kernel should be enough to restore the slot0.
Just removinv oldroot or newroot with FTP could bring nefast results

Try to paste the output of blkid command

nunigaia

Staff member
Digit
Code:
mount
And paste the output

Aaaaahhhh
The startup_4 must be at the same level of other startup files... Not on usb
@nunigaia
And what I wrote in post #109? ;)

As @Liquid said, the files must be located at the same level of the other STARTUP files: ( screen shot ) i.e, on

1675118716864.png

They must be added and located at the root of your stb.

Example -> sdb1 is my usb device ( EXT4 FS ) ...mapped as /media/usb it contains nothing unless I flash the slots 4,5,6,7,or 8.

STARTUP_4

Code:
kernel=/linuxrootfs4/zImage root=/dev/sdb1 rootsubdir=linuxrootfs4

STARTUP_5

Code:
kernel=/linuxrootfs5/zImage root=/dev/sdb1 rootsubdir=linuxrootfs5

STARTUP_6

Code:
kernel=/linuxrootfs6/zImage root=/dev/sdb1 rootsubdir=linuxrootfs6

STARTUP_n

kernel=/linuxrootfsn/zImage root=/dev/sdb1 rootsubdir=linuxrootfsn

darog69

Uploading the kernel did nothing, it hung on "starting enigma2...."

root@vuultimo4k:
clear
[H[Jroot@vuultimo4k:
b
l
k
i
d

/dev/sda1: LABEL="hdd" UUID="9256ed4f-e999-413d-b26d-87f227154d1b" BLOCK_SIZE="4096" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="76793553-01"

/dev/mmcblk0p4: UUID="deaf39ec-c65a-4b37-b8ae-975060ac443b" BLOCK_SIZE="4096" TYPE="ext4" PARTLABEL="rootfs" PARTUUID="d126efc5-e6af-404a-b761-73e91d446a37"
/dev/mmcblk0p1: PARTLABEL="kernel" PARTUUID="36f35f2c-8833-4270-a18a-924beed1e781"
/dev/mmcblk0p2: PARTLABEL="initrd" PARTUUID="34945840-898b-4c8d-aeba-8e9d62649a08"
/dev/mmcblk0p3: PARTLABEL="splash" PARTUUID="77ec62a2-10f7-4c4a-9151-fa1a8419c39a"
root@vuultimo4k:

darog69

Show me where it is written, I already try all the options, and the fact that you show me the startup files created does not mean anything, show that you have uploaded an image to them

nunigaia

Staff member
I quoted it --> https://board.openbh.net/threads/vu-real-multiboot-now-available.3077/page-9#post-18218
As @Liquid said, the files must be located at the same level of the other STARTUP files: ( screen shot ) i.e, on

View attachment 3559

They must be added and located at the root of your stb.

Example -> sdb1 is my usb device ( EXT4 FS ) ...mapped as /media/usb it contains nothing unless I flash the slots 4,5,6,7,or 8.

STARTUP_4

Code:
kernel=/linuxrootfs4/zImage root=/dev/sdb1 rootsubdir=linuxrootfs4

STARTUP_5

Code:
kernel=/linuxrootfs5/zImage root=/dev/sdb1 rootsubdir=linuxrootfs5

STARTUP_6

Code:
kernel=/linuxrootfs6/zImage root=/dev/sdb1 rootsubdir=linuxrootfs6

STARTUP_n

kernel=/linuxrootfsn/zImage root=/dev/sdb1 rootsubdir=linuxrootfsn

@darog69

On my post ... that I am quoting right now, i quoted @Liquid post ... in any case:

Page 6, post #111 --> https://board.openbh.net/threads/vu-real-multiboot-now-available.3077/page-6#post-18152

darog69

Finally, in the next configuration, I managed to create the next slots, but on the SanDisk 2.0 pendrive. You can see that multiboot is picky about external media While the 4th slot with the image Vix 6.3 has started,
the 5th Pure 2 is already hanging on the bootlogo, there is a telnet connection and there is FTP, so I made the enigma2 startup log, which I attach below and try to upload other images.

log enigma2

Attachments

• MIS.jpg
    MIS.jpg
    311.6 KB · Views: 36
Finally, in the next configuration, I managed to create the next slots, but on the SanDisk 2.0 pendrive. You can see that multiboot is picky about external media While the 4th slot with the image Vix 6.3 has started,
the 5th Pure 2 is already hanging on the bootlogo, there is a telnet connection and there is FTP, so I made the enigma2 startup log, which I attach below and try to upload other images.

log enigma2
How much is SanDisk usb 2.0 of 8;16;32 gb ??
And how long does it take to load the image on ofgwrite

darog69

You have to check how much it costs in your country, but someone wrote earlier that they also installed on 3.0 I have 4 images installed but with the next ones there are problems again, either they do not start or crashes with an error with ofwgride during installation Cobralibero-Tem image and OpenSPA 8 successfully launched

Attachments

• cobra.jpg
    cobra.jpg
    470.2 KB · Views: 31
  • spa.jpg
    spa.jpg
    348.2 KB · Views: 31
VU DUO 4K
I installed obh then I installed the kernel kexec-multiboot-duo4k-v0.2.4.zip then I installed in flash 3 images in slot 1;2;3 then I installed slot 4 with openvix after it finished installing it crashed and in place to switch to slot4, he returned to the recovery image and on the menu from the multiboot selector, the obh image appears instead of openvix
it does the same on usb 2.0 and on usb 3.0 and usb 3.1, it does not recognize slot 4, but I think there is openvix in slot 4.
In hdd and ssd it works correctly except for slots 4,5.... it shows them in the multiboot selector as not installed

Attachments

• Screenshot_11.png
    Screenshot_11.png
    143.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_12.png
    Screenshot_12.png
    133.3 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_13.png
    Screenshot_13.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_14.png
    Screenshot_14.png
    32.2 KB · Views: 32
You have to check how much it costs in your country, but someone wrote earlier that they also installed on 3.0 I have 4 images installed but with the next ones there are problems again, either they do not start or crashes with an error with ofwgride during installation Cobralibero-Tem image and OpenSPA 8 successfully launched
I asked how much your SanDisk usb 2.0 (8;16;32 gb) is worth, not how much money, it was translated badly

darog69

Well, there are some problems with the language barrier, the translator does not always translate correctly. My flash drive is Sandisk Cruzer Fit USB Flash Drive 16GB ;)

Liquid

Staff member
Administrator
hi.
Little info, devs added kexec support for ofgwrite tool https://github.com/oe-alliance/ofgwrite/commits/master
that patches are already included in the binary provided with this installer package
OpeDroid 7.1 installs but does not start. I attach the log from the start of enigma2

log enigma2-OpenDroid
It happens if you have usb slots

Code:
    slot["kernel"] = "%sp%s" % (device.split("p")[0], int(device.split("p")[1]) - 1)

the string that they are trying to split /dev/mmcblk0p?
as you can see they are trying to split the kernel and the slot by using p as separator

Code:
>>> device = "/dev/mmcblk0p1"
>>> print ("%sp%s" % (device.split("p")[0], int(device.split("p")[1]) - 1))
/dev/mmcblk0p0

>>> device = "/dev/sda1"
>>> print ("%sp%s" % (device.split("p")[0], int(device.split("p")[1]) - 1))
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>

That is one of the reason that make us to wait to release the usb support

nunigaia

Staff member
I asked how much your SanDisk usb 2.0 (8;16;32 gb) is worth, not how much money, it was translated badly
I am working with an Usb 2.0 device. System Files ( EXT4 ) ... one partition - Kingstion DTMicro Duo 16GB

Mapped as:

Code:
/media/usb

I am using the ULTIMO4K for now, where:

1) I have there picons at ( media/usb/picon )
2) Lcd4linux ( some config files )
3) Multiboot Kexec

darog69

I started BlackHole but I don't see Multiboot in the Restart menu. Return to STARTUP_0 via telnet :(
ZONK Kernel overwritten

Last edited: