Vu+ Real Multiboot Now Available

It is impossible for "vu duo 4k" to multiboot to work on usb, I tried different usb flash usb 2.0/usb 3.0/usb3.1 but with no result it loads the image in usb after it finishes it reboots but returns to the RECOVERY image but it doesn't work anymore it connects to the terminal even though it is in RECOVERY, but from the menu I can order a reboot from Eecovery Mode and then I can connect to the terminal.
The same thing happens to me with openmultiboot when I used it
In hdd (ssd) everything is perfect but if I connect ssd via usb it does the same thing as with usb flash.
As with the normal ram memory, it should be 2gb and it is only 527mb

Attachments

• menu1.png
    menu1.png
    147.4 KB · Views: 78
  • menu2.png
    menu2.png
    146.3 KB · Views: 77
  • usb.png
    usb.png
    16.1 KB · Views: 77
  • messages.rar
    9.6 KB · Views: 9

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
It is impossible for "vu duo 4k" to multiboot to work on usb, I tried different usb flash usb 2.0/usb 3.0/usb3.1 but with no result it loads the image in usb after it finishes it reboots but returns to the RECOVERY image but it doesn't work anymore it connects to the terminal even though it is in RECOVERY, but from the menu I can order a reboot from Eecovery Mode and then I can connect to the terminal.
The same thing happens to me with openmultiboot when I used it
It is a known issue with some fast usb sticks, however we have resolved it in the release version.

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Could you please explain how can we add another image in the same flash
Big thanks for your efforts

NotLikeSomeone

I flashed 5.2 on a Solo4K, set as you say only the LAN and the FTP password.
Then I installed a new 5.2 in the Slot1 and set the same, just to begin the work.
Then I installed a fullbackup of my 4.4 in the slot 2 and it works.
But now, I can't find how to reboot in the new 5.2 in slot 1: obviously, as the new multiboot submenu is included in the StartUp-StandBy, I can't have it in the old 4.4 Power Menu nor in the Plugins.
How to solve? Is there a key I can press at the boot or similar? Thanks and regards.

NotLikeSomeone

Then I installed a new 5.2 in the Slot1 and set the same, just to begin the work.
But now, I can't find how to reboot in the new 5.2 in slot 1: obviously, as the new multiboot submenu is included in the StartUp-StandBy, I can't have it in the old 4.4 Power Menu nor in the Plugins.
How to solve? Is there a key I can press at the boot or similar? Thanks and regards.
I found out that maybe I misunderstood the HowTo Guide about the new MB, but the images installed in the slots does not reside in the internal disk and I was not asked where I wanted to install them.
They are all in the flash under /boot and to re-enable the slot 1 I had to edit STARTUP file. Not really comfortable actually.

How should I proceed to install MB images in USB or Internal SSD?

darog69

Use Device Manager, set up mounts, save and then the UUIDs for the devices will be assigned. The option under the red button should appear,
but if you want to have another image(4,5,6,7...) on the SSD, you have to mount it under usb

mount /dev/sda1 /media/usb

Matrix10

Staff member
Administrator

Try,

I made a simple image selector
for old OBH 4.4
Just two files in my zip for OBH
You will not get the names of the images, only the Slot numbers 1.2.3, and the Recovery image.
Copy menu.xml to /usr/share/enigma2/
(make a backup of the old one just in case)
and copy RecoveryStart.pyo to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/
Do not forget
Restart enigma2
Now you have in Standby/restart Menu ,image/slot selector only for flash 4 slots/images.shot1.jpg

Attachments

• Obh.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Is the procedure also valid for other images? I had the same problem when installing BH3.1 in slot2 on Zero4k
Seems that similar solution for the BlackHole image already exists here , thanks to all involved.
A good news for me knowing that after finally moving to OBH there will be a safety option to boot my old trusty BH image.

gintarasarm

Hi Guys, right now I'm using OBH 5.2 in slot 1 and now I will would like install BH in slot 2, is it possible or no? if yes give please direction how to I can do this, Thanks in advance for your reply!

Hi Guys, right now I'm using OBH 5.2 in slot 1 and now I will would like install BH in slot 2, is it possible or no? if yes give please direction how to I can do this, Thanks in advance for your reply!
Just as you installed OBH 5.2 in slot 1, you can install BH in slot 2 and after downloading Multiboot old Bh and Obh images.zip and explain above Matrix10 what needs to be done

Attachments

• Multiboot old Bh and Obh images.zip
    7.7 KB · Views: 19

gintarasarm

First question from where you know which image BH for my receiver need ( I have Vu+Duo4KSE) and second question, why do I need this image OBH 4.4? and the last question what you meen Matrix 10, what is it and what to do with it???
Thanks in advance for your reply!!!

First question from where you know which image BH for my receiver need ( I have Vu+Duo4KSE) and second question, why do I need this image OBH 4.4? and the last question what you meen Matrix 10, what is it and what to do with it???
Thanks in advance for your reply!!!
Then follow the thread and you'll find answers to your questions, I'll explain what to do and what you don't like

Matrix10

Staff member
Administrator
Try v2 version for eight slots

I made a simple image selector
for old OBH 4.4 an BH 3.1.0
Just two files in my zip for OBH and two files in my zip for BH
You will not get the names of the images, only the Slot numbers 1.2.3,4,5,6,7,8 and the Recovery image.
Copy menu.xml to /usr/share/enigma2/
(make a backup of the old one just in case)
and copy RecoveryStart.pyo to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/
Do not forget
Restart enigma2
Now you have in Standby/restart Menu ,image/slot selector for 8 slots/images.

shot1.jpg

shot2.jpg

Attachments

• Multiboot old images_V2.zip
    7.9 KB · Views: 44