HowTo Vu+ Multiboot in OpenBh 5.2

haitham

Thanks done
but how to create a file to play external images, unlike USB a file is created with the name of the device

NotLikeSomeone

I'd like to know the logic of the MB (compared to the old PMB which created subfolders under the omb root).
Here we have, in the /boot/ folder, the ones named
linuxrootfs1, and so on.

but there is also the usual structure in the root folder.

Now the question is. If I need to add something manually to the image, let's say a script, when I added it in

/boot/linuxrootfs1/usr/script
it was added also in
/usr/script

but when I deleted it from /usr/script it wasn't from /boot/linuxrootfs1/usr/script.
Other strange things happened with binary in /usr/bin or camscripts in /usr/camscripts).

What is the best way to manually add files? It's always better to forget about the MB subfolders and pretending to work with the usual ones because every actions will be automatically "reproduced" in the subfolder containing the current (active) image?.
Thanks and regards.

twol

Vix Developer
VIP
I'd like to know the logic of the MB (compared to the old PMB which created subfolders under the omb root).
Here we have, in the /boot/ folder, the ones named
linuxrootfs1, and so on.

but there is also the usual structure in the root folder.

Now the question is. If I need to add something manually to the image, let's say a script, when I added it in

/boot/linuxrootfs1/usr/script
it was added also in
/usr/script

but when I deleted it from /usr/script it wasn't from /boot/linuxrootfs1/usr/script.
Other strange things happened with binary in /usr/bin or camscripts in /usr/camscripts).

What is the best way to manually add files? It's always better to forget about the MB subfolders and pretending to work with the usual ones because every actions will be automatically "reproduced" in the subfolder containing the current (active) image?.
Thanks and regards.
Every image is a discreet image….. and you can have eMMC images and images in an attached usb device.
You will only see the eMMC images linuxrootfs1-> 3 in /boot
So the easiest approach is to add to the active image in Root ( /) and ensure that when you add a file, you run a settings backup and check that you have added that file to the settings backup if its not in one of the normal backed up folders, so if you flash the image, the file can be automatically restored from the settings backup

NotLikeSomeone

But you haven't answered my question. I perfectly know how settings backup works but I'm used to have full control of my images.
Getting sticked to my example, where it's better to transfer a user script file, in /usr/script/ or in /boot/linuxrootfs1/usr/script?

Incidentally, not only the images in eMMc are displayed in those folders but also the usb slots ones which are in
/media/usb/nameofthebox/linuxrootfs7
for example.

The reason of my post is that I saw files reappering immediately after being deleted and I need to know how to take full control of the image, being not just a passive user.

twol

Vix Developer
VIP
But you haven't answered my question. I perfectly know how settings backup works but I'm used to have full control of my images.
Getting sticked to my example, where it's better to transfer a user script file, in /usr/script/ or in /boot/linuxrootfs1/usr/script?

Incidentally, not only the images in eMMc are displayed in those folders but also the usb slots ones which are in
/media/usb/nameofthebox/linuxrootfs7
for example.

The reason of my post is that I saw files reappering immediately after being deleted and I need to know how to take full control of the image, being not just a passive user.
Put the file in the active image.
/boot is the boot eMMC partition and you shouldn't be updating that.
All the slot info (STARTUP_xxx) appears in /boot, which also hold the eMMC images, but not the usb images.

Only in usb3.0 port
tested at duo4k and solo4k .
After installation of OpenATV 6.4 to Slot3(eMMC) to my Duo4k box I need to enter recovery image to change the Slot(no multiboot menu).
Inserting FAT32 USB flashdisk with STARTUP_RECOVERY file to front USB 2.0 port does not help.
I can access the back inserted USB3.0 flashdisk (EXT4) via ssh but creating the file there does nothing.
Is the only solution physically remove existing flashdisk from back USB 3.0 port and insert another FAT32 flashdisk with STARTUP_RECOVERY?

twol

Vix Developer
VIP
Both openpli and openatv for duo4k require a multiboot.py update, which the BH team can supply if not already posted on the forum.

Thanks, I will try to update OpenATV ver. 6.4 to MultiBoot the same way like the advice for ver. 7.x.
Installed fresh ATV build from yesterday but it's still missing MultiBoot.
But for some reason I still can't boot to recovery even when inserted the recovery flashdisk to back USB 3.0 port.
Seems I'm doing something wrong. What filesystem should be the recovery flashdisk formatted (FAT, FAT32, exFAT, NTFS)?

Last edited:
Installing Multiboot.py adviced for OpenATV 7.x to OpenATV 6.4 didn't worked. After GUI restart the enigma GUI stopped working (no reaction to remote).
Fortunately WinSCP to box was still working so I decided to rewrite the content of file /boot/STARTUP with content of STARTUP_1 which is OpenBH 5.2 (Slot1). After reboot the box is working again...

biko

Would you pleas see if can allow user to use what image will boot on and use after install new image on slots
device is rebooted automatically on image just installed
Thanks to all what team did to develop this great Multiboot VU selector

twol

Vix Developer
VIP
Would you pleas see if can allow user to use what image will boot on and use after install new image on slots
device is rebooted automatically on image just installed
Thanks to all what team did to develop this great Multiboot VU selector
Normally when you flash an image, it will reboot to that image slot(standard multiboot function), I think with OpenATV you can flash an image without rebooting.

biko

Normally when you flash an image, it will reboot to that image slot(standard multiboot function), I think with OpenATV you can flash an image without rebooting.
yes that did, and i hope to have it on OBH

Matrix10

Staff member
Administrator
Installing Multiboot.py adviced for OpenATV 7.x to OpenATV 6.4 didn't worked. After GUI restart the enigma GUI stopped working (no reaction to remote).
Fortunately WinSCP to box was still working so I decided to rewrite the content of file /boot/STARTUP with content of STARTUP_1 which is OpenBH 5.2 (Slot1). After reboot the box is working again...
For old images (OpenATV 6.4) read this