Duo 4K - No wireless networks found

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
It's hard to understand... So the Mac is not the "ID" of the network card, in this case of wifi?
No there is a bug in the code, so it only shows the mac of the lan in that panel.

This has been fixed in OpenBh 5.1 and will be fixed in Vix 6.2 when they are released.

zeberil

One question: Is it possible that after the flash of the box, the LAN network adapter is turned off, similar to how the WiFi adapter is?

Then you will fit the user to decide what you want to use...

However there is already a Duo 4K running with WiFi, with or without pen, even after reboot... is not in OBH.

zeberil

Yesterday I got to obh 5.1 in the Duo 4K and tried to set the wireless connection... I just couldn't. Without USB Pen or Pen USB... I think it's still worse.

I simply turned off the network cable and set the wireless network:

i7h7Bkk.png

ylO67Uk.png

ntl4CKu.png

Yes here is the network, apparently okay and the test is access by Openwebif... problem is that I could not access abroad, because as someone here already complained, did not have access to feeds.

As you can see, the search for network points worked:

uRbLOgZ.jpg

I do not understand why this msg appears, what configuration refers because I only did one:

oWPTHed.jpg

In my modest opinion, the problem is not hardware but software... If anyone has this working well in another image, it can only ...

Matrix10

Staff member
Administrator
@Ev0

There is something wrong with the WIFI configuration DUO4K OBH 5.1 Flash.
First configured with DHCP-Yes and Wifi worked after enabled and Scan wireless networks.
Second time configured with DHCP-NO and FIX IP address and reboot
WIFI does not work and can no longer be configured to work with DHCP-ON or OFF.

So with DHCP-ON the wifi configured for the first time worked.
After changing to DHCP-OFF it no longer works.
And it can no longer be activated to work and Scan wireless networks.

Matrix10

Staff member
Administrator
Current situation tested with Duo 4K OBH 5.1 Flash

The first network wizard after installing the image does not see the WIFI networks.
After image install/config
go to Network >> Device >> WLAN connection

1. Set WIFI - enabled
go to
2.Scan wireles networks
3.Choose your WIFI network
3. Configure the adapter with USE DHCP yes

WIFI works.

Do not use fix IP (DHCP no) because Wifi will stop working
Then you have to reinstall the image.

Last edited:

zeberil

Yes it takes the flash again to advance... not even the factory restoration produces results.

Indeed I have DHCP off... It is managed by the router.

@Matrix10 If you turn off WiFi and switch to network cable, then turn off the network cable and laps to wifi remains ok?

Matrix10

Staff member
Administrator
@

zeberil

I haven't tested that.
I tested a clean image and WIFI as I wrote.
I restarted the image a couple of times to see if it still works.
All in all this is something wrong with the Duo 4K WIFI (driver ???) and it seems specific only for that receiver.

zeberil

Whether or not to exist about whether or not to connect a USB Pen, they are undone!

If if the connection of a USB Pen had any effect on this, then it was a matter of lack of energy...

I hope you will find where the problem is, not that I need Wifi but, for those who need it, it will be great.

Matrix10

Staff member
Administrator
My testing with some other images py2 and py3 showed that WIFI works,
with or without USB with DHCP and fixed IP.
So let's hope the OE-A coders find a solution.
It is probably a problem specific for this box but the fact is that it is not hardware, but support with software.

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator

nni00288

Hi. I installed OPH 5.1 in my VU+UNO 4k, updated the image, I dind't so any network option than Lan. I tryed the plugin 3G/4G Modem Manager, I inserted a huawei 3G usb network witch was recognized, as I started configuring, the box restarted. (The box encountered a software problemm, it must be restarted.
I have tryed many images, such as BH, OBH, Openspa, OpenATV, Opendroid, Pli, OpenVix, Nonsolosat and Opentr, all has the same wifi issue.
In my modest opinion, wifi issue is a hardware problem, from a long, long time. Today, you find cheap set top boxes, (40-60 euros) with wifi built in, or if not, it comes with a wifi antenne in the box. Even a Octagoon mini I bought in Amazon for 25 euros, no problemm at all to connect wifi.
Wifi is crucial today, because people do not want to have cable connection around the house. Today, if anybody ask my opinion witch box to buy, I will not recomend VU boxes.
I believe, that forums like Vuplus-community, openbh.net and other should play a good roll in a discussion with VU Boxes maker.
Please, excuse my English.

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Hi. I installed OPH 5.1 in my VU+UNO 4k, updated the image, I dind't so any network option than Lan. I tryed the plugin 3G/4G Modem Manager, I inserted a huawei 3G usb network witch was recognized, as I started configuring, the box restarted. (The box encountered a software problemm, it must be restarted.
I have tryed many images, such as BH, OBH, Openspa, OpenATV, Opendroid, Pli, OpenVix, Nonsolosat and Opentr, all has the same wifi issue.
In my modest opinion, wifi issue is a hardware problem, from a long, long time. Today, you find cheap set top boxes, (40-60 euros) with wifi built in, or if not, it comes with a wifi antenne in the box. Even a Octagoon mini I bought in Amazon for 25 euros, no problemm at all to connect wifi.
Wifi is crucial today, because people do not want to have cable connection around the house. Today, if anybody ask my opinion witch box to buy, I will not recomend VU boxes.
I believe, that forums like Vuplus-community, openbh.net and other should play a good roll in a discussion with VU Boxes maker.
Vu+ don't listen to what customers want, they do what they want and that is it.

fabrypit

in a box enigma2 species vu + (only if you can't do without wi-fi) it is always a good idea to use VLAN

zeberil

Try VU+ 300 Mbps wireless USB adapter or VU+ 600 Mbps wireless USB adapter

Liquid

Staff member
Administrator
3g/4g modem isn't WiFi they are usually named wwan.

Here we are talking about internal WiFi on boxes equipped with wifi module.

Probably you should open another thread for investigation.

Please notice that these wwan adapter requires different kernel modules and helper. Vuplus by default supports internal devices and few other usb external devices. Octagon probably included in their BSP more stuff. However it think it can be fixed and a debug log might help more then complaints .

L.