Official OpenBh 5.0 for Octagon SF8008

toddy

The skin is the default one, BlackShadowSEP

Attachments

• IMG_20211230_193923.jpg
    IMG_20211230_193923.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 24

said83

This problem when i change iptv chanel, I should restart the recevier from behind

Attachments

• 20211230_222507.jpg
    20211230_222507.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 31

nunigaia

Staff member
The skin is the default one, BlackShadowSEP

The image OpenBH was exclusively for Vuplus STB.
So i have translated the string as:

Code:
msgid "Reboot"  
msgstr "Reiniciar a Vuplus"

I will verify the portuguese translation, in order to remove the word "vuplus".

Thanks for reporting it!

AlexWilMac

Staff member
I also removed every occurrences of "VU+" string in Italian enigma2.po.

So, I'm not sure it's simply possible to replace it by a generic word. I'll be testing this and other new lines edited after the last commit.
If @Cobweb or other have any suggestion about this line, please let me know.

[EDITED]
Unfortunately, I need to go deeper into the situation: all the %s occurrences become VU+: I wonder if they will be automatically right referring to the boxes' models in the other boxes releases, without the need of changing anything else.

Last edited:

nunigaia

Staff member

So, I'm not sure it's simply possible to replace it by a generic word. I'll be testing this and other new lines edited after the last commit.

[EDITED]
Unfortunately, I need to go deeper into the situation: all the %s occurrences become VU+: I wonder if they will be automatically right referring to the boxes' models in the other boxes releases, without the need of changing anything else.

I Will check it, post a screen shot of the output
Screen

nunigaia

Staff member

[EDITED]

You can´t remove the ones that coming from "%s %s" strings, as they will turn generally the name of the brand or brand model as ... vu ultimo4k .... vu uno4k se ... octagon sf 8008 4k ... and so on.

Note: If if don´t act according as I said, it will causes issues, that involves or invalidates the building ( compiling ) the box´s images ( firmware ).

Last edited:

AlexWilMac

Staff member
So, if I understand well what you mean, it is like I suppose: the %s parameters will assume the right brand and model for each release. So they are not a problem in the locale.
What matters is to remove only the non parametric strings, where there is directly written "VU+", right?

nunigaia

Staff member
So, if I understand well what you mean, it is like I suppose: the %s parameters will assume the right brand and model for each release. So they are not a problem in the locale.
What matters is to remove only the non parametric strings, where there is directly written "VU+", right?

Yes, indeed --> SAMPLE --> https://github.com/BlackHole/enigma...emPlugins/SoftwareManager/imagewizard.xml#L12

Another, now, for date time:

https://github.com/BlackHole/enigma.../Components/Converter/RemainingToText.py#L117 and above

Jaikat

Hi guys..

Anybody tried kodi?

For me, after a few minutes of starting playback for anything(movie/series) through any add-on, the receiver starts to suffer, the video hangs and I get the system loading spinner (not kodi buffering)..at this point the box becomes unresponsive, I can't even connect to it by telnet or ssh..only thing I could do is restart using the back switch..very frustrating.

How was your experience with kodi?
Is thing a known issue and could it be fixed?

alen5555

Staff member
All’of that i think i’ts related to the procesor of the box
Kodi is the big mothe…r :)

Jaikat

All’of that i think i’ts related to the procesor of the box
Kodi is the big mothe…r :)

I doubt that being the reason, the sf8008 is more than capable of handling Kodi, i have it running on a old E2 image without a hitch, which is good for now.. problem is with the python 3 migration and add-ons not working anymore on older versions.

I name Kodi "the Useless Complication Office for Simple Businesses". ;)

Couldn't disagree more.. the functions Kodi single handedly offers are not combined in any other media player/center.

alen5555

Staff member
I doubt that being the reason, the sf8008 is more than capable of handling Kodi, i have it running on a old E2 image without a hitch, which is good for now.. problem is with the python 3 migration and add-ons not working anymore on older versions.

I’ts possible we hawe also issue with IPTV py3 that could be related..

Jaikat

I’ts possible we hawe also issue with IPTV py3 that could be related..

can't say as of now.. kodi is the only thing I've tried so far.. i use xtream-editor's plugin for E2 on the older image to run my iptv subscription, and i checked a couple of days ago and noticed they have released a py3 version.. will try to install today and be back to report on iptv playback asap.

Gold_66

problem is with the python 3 migration and add-ons not working anymore on older versions.
I agree, this new python is becoming a bigger joke every day - more disabled addons and new hassles with skins etc. in every update..
Since OBH doesn't offer older versions for Octagon SF8008, I had to go back to openATV 6.4 where everything works as it should.