Official OpenBh 5.0 for Octagon SF8008

Matrix10

Staff member
Administrator
I agree, this new python is becoming a bigger joke every day - more disabled addons and new hassles with skins etc. in every update..
Since OBH doesn't offer older versions for Octagon SF8008, I had to go back to openATV 6.4 where everything works as it should.

Don't mix things up.
Skins and skin updates have nothing to do with Python 3.
Already with image changes but unrelated to PY3
Plugins and add-ons have.
And of course the transition will not happen in day two.

One option is to continue living in the old house.
But don't bother those who want a new one.

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
I agree, this new python is becoming a bigger joke every day - more disabled addons and new hassles with skins etc. in every update..
Since OBH doesn't offer older versions for Octagon SF8008, I had to go back to openATV 6.4 where everything works as it should.
Come on it takes time to get everything right.

Python2 has been used on E2 boxes since 2006 and even now it is not 100%.

Python3 has come a long way in 6/7 months with Enigma2, yes there is still a long way to go, but it's progressing quickly.

el bandido

I don't think you understand. It is either upgrade to python 3 now or Not be able to update the image later. These guys didn't just wake up one day and decide to make the transition to python 3 because they had nothing better to do.

Then you have the Open BlackHole image that was designed to run on nothing but Vu+ receivers. So the image needs to be manipulated or changed somewhat to run correctly on other receivers that are not Vu+. This includes skins.

I can understand your frustration, but lots of change are taking place because they have to for the sake of long term survival. Things will go better if people will contribute or help with the necessary transitions instead of complaining about how they do not work. This includes the authors of some of the plugins.

Jaikat

Well, I've been watching IPTV(same channel) for over an hour now without a hickup..so the "kodi playback crashing the whole E2 system after a short while" is definitely not related to IPTV..

Jaikat

Well, after some trial and error, turns out kodi will not crash if I disable hardware acceleration "hiplayer", but naturally playing large files and high resolution videos without hardware acceleration is not a good experience..

Hopefully this " hiplayer" issue gets resolved.

roberto

Hi everyone, first post for me here,
yesterday I installed in multiboot on my Octagon sf8008 the last OpenBlackhole image....I know a little bit I have had enigma 2 for more than 10 years and I know it's a good image...
On the other hand, good installation of Kodi 19 and use immediately for about thirty minutes and there big blockage of the image, total crash, forced to exit and now, Kodi does not start at all .... I think it's a load problem, but I'm not sure what, just to note that Kodi 18 was working well before, but we have to move forward and addons are missing....thank you for reading me and good luck for the rest of setting up python 3....

nunigaia

Staff member
Hi everyone, first post for me here,
yesterday I installed in multiboot on my Octagon sf8008 the last OpenBlackhole image....I know a little bit I have had enigma 2 for more than 10 years and I know it's a good image...
On the other hand, good installation of Kodi 19 and use immediately for about thirty minutes and there big blockage of the image, total crash, forced to exit and now, Kodi does not start at all .... I think it's a load problem, but I'm not sure what, just to note that Kodi 18 was working well before, but we have to move forward and addons are missing....thank you for reading me and good luck for the rest of setting up python 3....

Where is the crashlog?

roberto

Sorry friend, I don't have it anymore I left with Kodi 18 and python 2 while waiting for it to be done....thanks...

mogga

Hi!
What happened after you released the version with auto cam, I think it was version .010. Before it took about 2,4 second from zip to another channel until picture decode. Now it takes about 7,5. The sound comes up like before but decoding of picture is extremely slow.

Logan

coder
Staff member
Administrator
Hi!
What happened after you released the version with auto cam, I think it was version .010. Before it took about 2,4 second from zip to another channel until picture decode. Now it takes about 7,5. The sound comes up like before but decoding of picture is extremely slow.

Nothing. No changes in decoding channels