Vu+ Real Multiboot Now Available

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
something wrong with Multiboot ?
because when i add extra usb , i see nothing added after restart enigma .. i just see 4 eMMC slots
i used this usb before and it worked very well with multiboot , i tested other usb and still the same problem
i use vu+duo4k with openbh 5.3.016
regards
You will only see the slots used in multiboot selection.

You will see the empty slots available in image manager when you select where to install a new image.

dany

You will only see the slots used in multiboot selection.

You will see the empty slots available in image manager when you select where to install a new image.
no , i tested that and i still see only 3 eMMC slots
look to the attached pic
regards

Attachments

• 3 eMMC slots.png
    3 eMMC slots.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 20

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Then it is just 1 of many usb sticks that do not work well with Enigma2 boxes.

Try and older (slower) usb stick.

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
You could also try using a usb 2.0 extension cable, this will drop the usb stick down to usb 2.0 speeds and then it might work

dany

You could also try using a usb 2.0 extension cable, this will drop the usb stick down to usb 2.0 speeds and then it might work
lol .. I swear I am using usb 2.0 extension cable because i know that vuduo4k has aan issue with usb 3.0 - 3.1

dany

im testing now openbh 5.2 .. but i donot know if this option (add extra usb ) was available on this image

dany

ok friend .. i tested it again - reformat-reflash everything
Something is went wrong with this image
1-during reflashing was not asked me to use my backup setting as usually
2- after reflashed the image and when i press on add extra usb ... the receiver did (restart engima ) automatically - but normally showing question screen if i want to add more vu+miltiboot usb slots or not
but after restarted enigma i see that the image added more slots successfully
i decided to add more usb slot and when i press on add extra usb ,, this time showed me the question screen if i want to add more vu+miltiboot usb slots or not

Attachments

• question screen.png
    question screen.png
    44 KB · Views: 30
  • added more usb slots.png
    added more usb slots.png
    114.4 KB · Views: 29

dany

yes its ok now , but as i said before , normally during installation the image should be ask to restore backup settings .. but this did not happen, but when i installed openbh 5.2 image for test , it asked me that
regards

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
yes its ok now , but as i said before , normally during installation the image should be ask to restore backup settings .. but this did not happen, but when i installed openbh 5.2 image for test , it asked me that
regards
You have to have the device mounted, for it to offer to restore the backup from it.

Liquid

Staff member
Administrator
Weldone , i have question is it possible to use this multiboot on external hdd and then upload images to it?
Yes and no... The multi boot implementation let you to do that, the multiboot plugin doesn't implement this possibility...

So if you format the hard disk as ext4 and you configure into the STARTUP script the blkid of the hard disk partition the image manager plugin will install the image into the HDD.

NotLikeSomeone

In the 5.4 announcement is written: "Vu+ Multiboot feature added for all 4K Vu+ models and now updated to make the install process automated.".
If I install 5.4 in a whatever of my slots, is this updated version of multiboot automatically available? Or do I need to reflash from scratch and loose all my installed images?