Vu+ Real Multiboot Now Available

fagmixy

Hello everybody
I use obh 5.2 in zero4k as recovery and obh 5.3 and 4.4 in usb slot 4 5
I flashed my receiver with obh 5.3 to use it as recovery but i dont see multiboot selector in menu standby & restart @Ev0 @Liquid

ivanko

It should propose you to reinstall the multiboot after flashing the stb
I'm'not able to understand when I have to put these files to have multiboot working also in obh 4.4

I made a simple image selector
for old OBH 4.4
Just two files in my zip for OBH
You will not get the names of the images, only the Slot numbers 1.2.3, and the Recovery image.
Copy menu.xml to /usr/share/enigma2/
(make a backup of the old one just in case)
and copy RecoveryStart.pyo to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/
Do not forget
Restart enigma2
Now you have in Standby/restart Menu ,image/slot selector only for flash 4 slots/images.

ivanko

I'm'not able to understand when I have to put these files to have multiboot working also in obh 4.4

I made a simple image selector
for old OBH 4.4
Just two files in my zip for OBH
You will not get the names of the images, only the Slot numbers 1.2.3, and the Recovery image.
Copy menu.xml to /usr/share/enigma2/
(make a backup of the old one just in case)
and copy RecoveryStart.pyo to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/
Do not forget
Restart enigma2
Now you have in Standby/restart Menu ,image/slot selector only for flash 4 slots/images.
Das Menü wird gelöscht

chojny

the problem is minor, but when starting from multiboot, e.g. OpenBH, information about the version of the firmware being run appears. After some update, it stopped at 5.3.08 and it is actually 5.3.12... how to fix it?

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
the problem is minor, but when starting from multiboot, e.g. OpenBH, information about the version of the firmware being run appears. After some update, it stopped at 5.3.08 and it is actually 5.3.12... how to fix it?
You need to enable the option again in the settings.

Menu - Setup - System - Customise, Boot logo Identification, set to Yes

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
My new 64GB USB 3.0 Stick is not recognized:(
Not every USB stick is compatible with every box (sometimes even the same brand and model you will get some that work and some that don't).

But as it's new, make sure the stick works first of all in windows (or linux), to rule out the stick being faulty.

If it is detected, then format it as new sticks sometimes come with some weird security stuff on them, and after it has been formatted, go to the usb format panel on the box and follow the instructions to see if it is detected as it will need to be formatted into Ext4 anyway before it can be used for Multiboot.

If it is a Sandisk stick then it might be best to return it now as in the last 18 months i've had 6 usb sticks fail and all of them were Sandisk. It seems since WD took over they don't make quality usb sticks anymore.

B.D.

I replaced the Sandisk with a Kingston USB, but that was very slow, so now I use a usb 3.1 sd card reader and 128gb Lexar micro sd card.
You're right, I use a Kingston too and damn it was slow when I had to transfer there thousends of picons, it took ages, but besides that it's fine when it comes to make backups and restores.
I will try the workaround you suggest with a card reader and SD, sounds like a great idea. (y)

octron

i unstalled an Intenso 16GB USB 3, also without sucsess.
so i think it´s a problem by kexec plugin, with USB 3.0

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Starting to sound more like an issue with your box, rather than kexec if a stick that did work now doesn't.