Vu+ Real Multiboot Now Available

I am working with an Usb 2.0 device. System Files ( EXT4 ) ... one partition - Kingstion DTMicro Duo 16GB

Mapped as:

Code:
/media/usb

I am using the ULTIMO4K for now, where:

1) I have there picons at ( media/usb/picon )
2) Lcd4linux ( some config files )
3) Multiboot Kexec
Good thanks!

Liquid

Staff member
Administrator
I started BlackHole but I don't see Multiboot in the Restart menu. Return to STARTUP_0 via telnet :(
ZONK Kernel overwritten
Blackhole menu never supported multiboot. If someone will develop a plugin I can try to inject it from the multiboot itself.
About the kernel overritten, blackhole have by default openmultiboot... probably you messed with the omb menu.

darog69

I didn't do anything with OMB, I just wanted to return to Recovery and used the first method with commands, but the tuner did not get up.
I uploaded the kernel itself and I only have a bootlogo with the start of enigma2 and it hangs like that. Telnet is iFTP too, any ideas?

nunigaia

Staff member
I didn't do anything with OMB, I just wanted to return to Recovery and used the first method with commands, but the tuner did not get up.
I uploaded the kernel itself and I only have a bootlogo with the start of enigma2 and it hangs like that. Telnet is iFTP too, any ideas?

I think you can try the magic file:

add a file ( blank file, with no content ) to the root of your USB device named as:

Code:
STARTUP_RECOVERY

Take a look to post #2, where @Liquid said:

Code:
With v0.2.x  you can create a file STARTUP_RECOVERY on the root folder of a usb flash drive. The file should be empty (blank).
It is supported in the root of a device without a partition (floppy disk mode) or the root of the first partition.
The kexec-multiboot scans for sda, sda1, sdb, sdb1, sdc, scd1, sdd, sdd1. if you have more than 1 device connected.
The file needs to be uppercase and double check that windows doesn't append the .txt extension or something similar.
If you need to switch to the slot0 just plug in the usb stick, reboot or power off, and finally remove the stick after the reboot is complete.

best regards
nunigaia

Note: After enter recovery mode, you can simple delete the created file from your USB device, as also delete the image that is creating the issue.

darog69

Unfortunately, it didn't help, I had to upload clean OpenBh
With a copy of the settings, it even went smoothly, it remains to add 3 missing slots ;)

Liquid

Staff member
Administrator
@Liquid
Is there any positive news about the progress of work on Multiboot, because something has died down? ;)
I was trying to get the TFT of my vuultimo4k to be active while booting the slot.. the idea was to show "booting slot X"
I spent lot of time but I'm unable to get it to wake on.

darog69

Oh, that's not good, I managed to fill nine startups and no images want to upload to the tenth. As if there was a problem with recognizing a two-digit startup name.
mt.jpg

eldeepmoh

All steps work great
But when you unpack the image on slot
The internal image disappears and a new image appears

Duo se 4k

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 80
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 80

darog69

This is a correct symptom, the image of the main one, i.e. OpenBh 5.1, is not visible in the Manager, because it is in STARUP_0