Vu+ Real Multiboot Now Available

Aliraza63

Try v2 version for eight slots

I made a simple image selector
for old OBH 4.4 an BH 3.1.0
Just two files in my zip for OBH and two files in my zip for BH
You will not get the names of the images, only the Slot numbers 1.2.3,4,5,6,7,8 and the Recovery image.
Copy menu.xml to /usr/share/enigma2/
(make a backup of the old one just in case)
and copy RecoveryStart.pyo to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/
Do not forget
Restart enigma2
Now you have in Standby/restart Menu ,image/slot selector for 8 slots/images.

View attachment 3717

View attachment 3718
Is there any py file you can make for duo2 . which is sufficient 1gb flash and can be extended in hdd/usb. I know at early stages vu solo2 had been tested and found its not practicable any more . I am not that kind expert in coding .I always believe I am learner . just for study purpose I want to practice at my duo2 .
Sincerely I am thankful for OBH team's hard work efforts to make it possible for us .

Decided to go ahead today. Following the guide I made a fresh installation of OBH 5.2.2 image to the Recovery and Slot1.
Now I want to install my fullbackup of BlackHole (created earlier today) to Slot2.
1st issue was that "Image manager" didn't recognized my fullbackup.zip put in /hdd/imagebackup but after renaming to BlackHole-3.1.0.I-vuduo4k-20230304_073300_usb.zip it appeared in the list of images.
2nd issue is that when tried to install the backup image to the Slot2 the error occured and the installation stopped.
After re-run the following error message appears for a few seconds (attached picture):
"mkdir: can't create directory '/NewRoot': File exists"
"Searching image files: Error path couldn't be resolved"

Anyone here to help me what should I do next, some cmdline fix?

Attachments

• DSC_0449_1.jpg
    DSC_0449_1.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 31

Liquid

Staff member
Administrator

Decided to go ahead today. Following the guide I made a fresh installation of OBH 5.2.2 image to the Recovery and Slot1.
Now I want to install my fullbackup of BlackHole (created earlier today) to Slot2.
1st issue was that "Image manager" didn't recognized my fullbackup.zip put in /hdd/imagebackup but after renaming to BlackHole-3.1.0.I-vuduo4k-20230304_073300_usb.zip it appeared in the list of images.
2nd issue is that when tried to install the backup image to the Slot2 the error occured and the installation stopped.
After re-run the following error message appears for a few seconds (attached picture):

Do you have the enigma2.log?

twol

Vix Developer
VIP

The debug is required so that we can see what was sent to ofgwrite.
The newroot exists message you can disregard as it doesn,t stop a successful flash.
What is the HDD and is it internal or external. If external is it powered?
Ofgwrite has an issue finding the files

The debug is required so that we can see what was sent to ofgwrite.
The newroot exists message you can disregard as it doesn,t stop a successful flash.
What is the HDD and is it internal or external. If external is it powered?
Ofgwrite has an issue finding the files
OK guys, sure, the debug log is attached.
Box is Duo4K with internal 4TB Seagate HDD mounted as /media/hdd and USB Sandisk flashdisk 64GB mounted as /media/usb, both formatted as ext4.
No problems with the drives, filesystem check OK.

Attachments

• Enigma2_debug_2023-03-04_19-07-43.zip
    15.2 KB · Views: 3

twol

Vix Developer
VIP
OK guys, sure, the debug log is attached.
Box is Duo4K with internal 4TB Seagate HDD mounted as /media/hdd and USB Sandisk flashdisk 64GB mounted as /media/usb, both formatted as ext4.
No problems with the drives, filesystem check OK.
So assuming you haven,t run it since whats in /media/hdd/imagebackups/imagerestore/vuplus/duo4k

I run it multiple times before and once during the logfile creation. Still the same error...
Should I delete the directory content?
root@vuduo4k:/hdd/imagebackups/imagerestore/duo4k# ls -la drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 4096 Mar 4 19:17 . drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Mar 4 19:17 .. -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 10032776 Mar 4 19:17 initrd_auto.bin -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4455576 Mar 4 19:17 kernel_auto.bin -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Mar 4 19:17 reboot.update -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 258205590 Mar 4 19:17 rootfs.tar.bz2 -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1036856 Mar 4 19:17 splash_auto.bin

Last edited:
I want to know what files are in there after the unzip
Files are listed above, path is /hdd/imagebackups/imagerestore/duo4k/
Seems that directory vuplus is missing in the path.
Will create a new .zipfile with vuplus and try it again.

Last edited:
Files are listed above, path is /hdd/imagebackups/imagerestore/duo4k/
Seems that directory vuplus is missing in the path.
Will create a new .zipfile with vuplus and try it again.
so the backup is not correct
You could try unzipping your backup, adding the vuplus folder and re zipping
Yes, exactly, mea culpa... After re-zip with correct directory structure the flashing is working fine. Thanks for help

Liquid

Staff member
Administrator
Are there plans for MIPS vu boxes?
Kexec is the technology behind this multiboot solution. The kexec api in the Linux kernel supports some mipsel CPU but doesn't support the cfe bootloader used in vuplus boxes, so is needed a patched kernel both on the "recovery" image and on the guest image. So even if we would release a multiboot image for mipsel boxes, you wouldn't able to use any image it the team won't support our multiboot solution and you couldn't boot old images.
So, at the beginning I planned to support them, now I'm not so much motivated because the effort is high and the benefits low.

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Kexec is the technology behind this multiboot solution. The kexec api in the Linux kernel supports some mipsel CPU but doesn't support the cfe bootloader used in vuplus boxes, so is needed a patched kernel both on the "recovery" image and on the guest image. So even if we would release a multiboot image for mipsel boxes, you wouldn't able to use any image it the team won't support our multiboot solution and you couldn't boot old images.
So, at the beginning I planned to support them, now I'm not so much motivated because the effort is high and the benefits low.
I also don't think it wouldn't be any faster (maybe even a little slower ?) than using OMB on the mips boxes.

Aliraza63

Totally agree with u . It was expected that may be you will try any effort to give breath duo2 or solo2 . but after reading your detailed replies ( about mips structure for Multiboot) in this thread . I also believe it will not be possible .The only option mips users have is OMB .

haitham

Peace be upon you, brother, has the problem of booting up with the hard ssd been solved, because I tried all the solutions, but you did not know with me